The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Kovalev Gone!!!!! Signed With Ottawa

kiprusoffk

This is the second time now he's crapped on Gainey's head once for taking his offer and shopping it around and now for signing with a division rival. I didn't like his lazy lackadaisical attitude before but I rooted for him because he was a Hab now I really hate him.

This is the second time now he's crapped on Gainey's head once for taking his offer and shopping it around and now for signing with a division rival. I didn't like his lazy lackadaisical attitude before but I rooted for him because he was a Hab now I really hate him.

Gainey's the one who pulled that offer from the table on day one of free agency just so he could sign Brian Gionta of all people. I don't begrudge Kovalev going to the Senators. He'll be a great fit there with Spezza and Alfredsson. Holy crap, is Gainey going to regret how he handled the Kovalev situation. And so are we.

Guest Carey_Price

you did us well kovalev, i'll miss your spectacular plays and awesome highlights, as well as your nice dekes which you failed to score on and especially all your giveaways. I wish you signed with a team that wasn't in our division and played like you played 2 seasons ago (85 points) but you signed with ottawa, all that to say, Hope you fail miserably next season.

"He can look spectacular one night, controlling the play, while completely disappearing for long stretches at a time."

lmao...that says it all right there

You're right. It says that a TSN wire story just lazily reports the same innuendo, baseless accusations, and old media stories, without considering the facts that ACTUALLY DISPROVE SAID ASSERTION.

Gainey's the one who pulled that offer from the table on day one of free agency just so he could sign Brian Gionta of all people. I don't begrudge Kovalev going to the Senators. He'll be a great fit there with Spezza and Alfredsson. Holy crap, is Gainey going to regret how he handled the Kovalev situation. And so are we.

I heard that Gainey offered him a contract, he didn't call back and took that offer to other teams. Gainey then had no choice but to sign someone else. Not sure if its a rumor but I read it in a few places, if its not true then yes I don't begrudge him either but if it is true good riddance to him.

I agree weeps. I wish it had been gainey going to ottawa

Archived