The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Habs Development Camp

AK-1

From a release: The Canadiens announced today that 40 prospects will participate in the team’s annual development camp from July 6-12 at the Bell Sports Complex in Brossard. It is the most players attending since the first edition of the development camp in 2001.

All sessions are open to the public. Here's how to get there.

The Canadiens prospects will first take to the ice on Monday, July 6, at 1:30 p.m. The development camp consists of on-ice sessions every day until July 12 with on-ice sessions on both surfaces of the complex. Off-ice conditioning sessions are also scheduled every day. An intersquad game is set for Saturday, July 11.

Twenty-four of the 40 players at camp are Canadiens draft selections, including all eight players from the 2009 NHL Entry Draft held last June at the Bell Centre. The group includes first round picks Louis Leblanc, Max Pacioretty and David Fischer, as well as prospects P.K. Subban, Olivier Fortier and Yannick Weber. Twenty-four of the 40 players also participated in the 2008 Development Camp.

The rosters for next week's development camp. If you're going to attend, you might wish to print it out to keep track of the participants.

LINK (HabsInsideout)

------------------

Roster - part 1

Roster - part 2

I am shocked that I seem to be starting the thread on this. It starts today.

There are 40 players attending.

Is this a great hockey town or what?

It's not yet 1 o'clock, and the parking lot is filling up already at the Canadiens' training centre in Brossard. Admission is free, and the stars (OK, the starters) of tomorrow should put on a good show all week long.

Prospects hit the ice at 1:30 this afternoon. They'll be working on skating drills on Rink 1 and Skills on Rink 2.

That lasts an hour before the Zamboni runs and the groups switch at 2:45. There's off-ice training in the gym from 4 to 6.

Tomorrow's sessions begin at 9 a.m..

Wednesday is devoted to skating tests, which run 1 p.m. to 3:45 p.m.

There will be 9 a.m. starts on Thursday and Friday, and a 10 a.m. scrimmage on Saturday, when the joint will be rockin'.

Camp winds up on Sunday with skating and skills drills that begin at 9:45 a.m.

The Bell training complex is in Brossard. Take the Champlain Bridge south from Montreal, follow the signs for Autoroute 10 East and take Exit 11. The building is huge, and you'll see it from the highway.

http://habsinsideout.com/main/20873

I cannot find a full list of the 40 players, not even on the front page of this web site.

I did find this in an article,

24 of the 40 players at camp are Canadiens draft selections, including all eight players from the 2009 NHL Entry Draft held last June at the Bell Centre. The group includes first round picks Louis Leblanc, Max Pacioretty and David Fischer, as well as prospects P.K. Subban, Olivier Fortier and Yannick Weber. 24 of the 40 players also participated in the 2008 Development Camp.

I found a list of players from habs inside out, it is however almost useless without an electron microscope.

http://habsinsideout.com/files/hio/imageca...ages/camp-1.jpg?

http://habsinsideout.com/files/hio/imageca...ages/camp-2.jpg?

Good to see Alexander Avtsin is coming, better than Emelin or Valetenko or Konreev or Trunev iirc.

Ok, I loaded the H/IO images onto my photobucket account, I rotated them, and then hotlinked them.

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s11/DA_...pg?t=1246909266

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s11/DA_...pg?t=1246909228

the forum software is not letting me hotlink them as "dynamic" images are not allowed. Can a mod fix this?

I went there today... First time at the Bell Training Center for me, but it's so easy to watch the two rinks, I'll sure go back all winter to see our real stars! ;)

As for the prospects, it was fun to see them practice. As in any other practice, some give their 110%, some don't.

Meanwhile, some girls had a big sign intended for P.K. Subban, already... :rolleyes:

Anyone who's not too far should go take a look, it's worth the detour. (There really is one - lol)

I went there today... First time at the Bell Training Center for me, but it's so easy to watch the two rinks, I'll sure go back all winter to see our real stars! ;)

As for the prospects, it was fun to see them practice. As in any other practice, some give their 110%, some don't.

Meanwhile, some girls had a big sign intended for P.K. Subban, already... :rolleyes:

Anyone who's not too far should go take a look, it's worth the detour. (There really is one - lol)

Nice! Are you watching directly in the stands, or are you watching through a glass? And was it full; what time did you get there?

Nice! Are you watching directly in the stands, or are you watching through a glass? And was it full; what time did you get there?

It is very nice. I didn't know what to expect, going there, but it's what you can call "user friendly"... You're in a large room, complete with tables, chairs that you can move around, food and beverage vendors and an elevated "terrasse", with continuous glass panes from which you watch from above your choice of one of the two rinks.

Today, we saw the prospects do some skillful skating and take shots at the many goalies. There was quite a lot of people, more than I expected, but it wasn't overwhelmingly full. I got there before the official start at 13h30, and there were great spots to sit down, but by 14h30, it was already a little more squeezy.

And my, was I glad to find they had a Van Houtte that takes Interac! :D

It'll start at 9h00 every morning until next Sunday.

Yea wheeler took 4 years of college, then he ditched. Plus it would be much better for his developement to play in the ahl over the ncaa.

We have a few months to sign him in a comfortable position.

Once he starts the next college season he might as well pull a Wheeler or pull what Jack Johnson would have pulled.

If we sign him now there's the incentive of one more year to his NHL career, one more peak earning year.

This morning John Lu (TSN) had a nice little segment on the Habs Development Camp.

First they talked to Patches about his new roll that he might have to take on because of his size/speed. Then John talked to Weber and PK (who actually appear to be pretty good friends)

PK speaks very well and seems to have a great head on his shoulders. Mark my words he will be a future Captian or Assistant Captian of this team.

In the Report John Lu seems to think that the last defense roster spot will be going to PK or Weber. :D

Archived