The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

December 4th, 2009

What do you want to see for the Habs 100th?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one!

• Home vs. Maple Leafs
    • Home vs. Senators
    • Home vs. Bruins
    • Don't care, just play a game
    • No game, just party!

Moving away from the topic of free agents, I have a poll for everyone. As you know, December 4th, 2009, is the Canadiens' 100th anniversary. No doubt there will be a massive party, but what do you want on the day itself as far as games? I know the date's entirely at the mercy of the NHL's scheduling program, so it might very well be an away game against the Thrashers.

So, what would you like to see? I've added three specific choices: The Leafs, founded in 1917 at the beginning of the NHL; the Senators, around since the Habs came into existence in 1909 (not the same Sens club, of course); and the Bruins, the first American team and our current chief rival.

Moving away from the topic of free agents, I have a poll for everyone. As you know, December 4th, 2009, is the Canadiens' 100th anniversary. No doubt there will be a massive party, but what do you want on the day itself as far as games? I know the date's entirely at the mercy of the NHL's scheduling program, so it might very well be an away game against the Thrashers.

So, what would you like to see? I've added three specific choices: The Leafs, founded in 1917 at the beginning of the NHL; the Senators, around since the Habs came into existence in 1909 (not the same Sens club, of course); and the Bruins, the first American team and our current chief rival.

Lets do a triple header. :P

I want to see Koivu.....playing for Les Canadiens...wearing the C.

I also think the NHL will have a home game booked for us against someone special.

For me, I say screw Boston, Toronto and Ottawa. It means dick for us to beat them on the occasion in the grand scheme of things...for us....but for one of them to beat us, well, humiliations galore. And bragging rights for them. Ick. No, I`d ask to play Calgary, a great team, avec Jarome et al, from Canada, the last team that beat us in the final...a worthy opponent, and if they beat us, oh well. Might even ask for an outdoor game....

An outdoor game, that's a great idea!

Let's make it an old-school type exhibition game, with old equipment and rules...

Opponents? Actual Canadiens vs. a team composed of old-timers and prospects (to fill in the empty spots).

It would border on the very funny side, and could turn out into a giant outdoor party with the fans!

December 4th is the perfect time of year for that, too.

Archived