The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Saku Signs With The Ducks

I am going to find it really hard to cheer for this team this year. Not because of the team but because of ***** poor management. I hope we sink so Gainey can finally have the Molsons stick their foot in his butt. The dude has been one of the worse things for this fanchise in years.

we totally could of had Saku for around 2.5 -2.75 over a couple years. Its not just sentimental either, he's one of the best 2nd line center options out there. Change is good.....change just for the sake of it isn't so good. Letting him go was a mistake. Wish the guy all the best with the Ducks.

Well it seems Gainey has another agenda, it's called saving his butt, and he is trying to change the face of this team, and as we saw last playoffs Gaineys

boys could not handle one playoff round, so for his sake I hope these new players will turn out better.

we totally could of had Saku for around 2.5 -2.75 over a couple years. Its not just sentimental either, he's one of the best 2nd line center options out there. Change is good.....change just for the sake of it isn't so good. Letting him go was a mistake. Wish the guy all the best with the Ducks.

well, he has signed for one year only, we can take him back next summer ;)

This is just shameful. I feel sick to my stomach. This off season is like an episode of the Twilight Zone. Actually when Gainey is at the helm, it usually is. At least he did not land in our division to sink us himself. Good luck Koivu, when we go out I will be rooting for you second!!!

Holy hell. i knew BG would make this kind of mistake. OMG. now we hav no choice but to choose a new "C" and several new "A's" for our team. ANd too think he really wanted to come back and finish his career here. thanks a lot BG. change is good, but not that much. However, i do hope to see how our upcoming Habs does this Sept.

Koivu, Kovalev X-outted. Whos next?

I've never been a Gainey basher ,but it just sickens me that he offered the flashy phenom 5M/yr. and couldn't find 3.25M for Koivu. People complain about the loyalty of players ,but in this case gainey should be ashamed. You want to attract UFAs and you leave your former captain high and dry.

I have the sneaking feeling that things better go really good for the CH or another former Captain will be unceremoniously shown the door. Shame on you BOB!!!

Kinda nauseous about this off season. Some of the moves don't make sense. too many new faces and too many of the familiar faces aren't acceptable to me. Why keep Plek and let Saku go?! Why keep GL? I'm confused... so many of our top guys gone. Just hope it pays off or could be another 16 years without a cup.

I loved Saku's heart and his class. People are judging Gainey without knowing the whole story. There was locker room strife almost his whole tenure as captain, looking at things rationally the captain must take some responsibility for that, no matter whose fault it is. That being said I sincerely wish Saku the best of luck in Anaheim!!!

Archived