The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Curtis Sanford

habsin09

Probably, but perhaps there is a bit more to it. Rocket seems to think that he is nhl calibre, and if that is true, maybe there's a bigger plan being put in place. Maybe not for now, maybe for later in the season. Who knows?

You don't give a guy 100 grand over the minimum if hes nothing more than a fringe player.

He may be NHL-caliber, but it doesn't mean hes a solid NHL'er, he can be average when hes going very well. I like the signing, but its really nothing of significance.

Seems like insurance more then anything, and at 1 yr 2-way seems to say hamilton all over it, and call up if price or halak go down to injury to be the backup. tbh i dont see us moving halak because sandford is not ready to step in and be a number 1 over a stretch as was proven in vancouver last year.

not alot yet in terms of details, however the word thoughout the league right now is that the Montreal Canadiens signing of Curtis Sanford (as broken on Hockeybuzz by Andy Strickland) may indeed be clearing the way for a deal with the San Jose Sharks that could also be triggering the right combination to get Heatley's situation resolved.

There is one train of thought out there that the Sharks can only make one major deal and one minor deal. The minor one is widely thought to be sending Cheechoo to either the Bruins or Islanders.

The Major Deal? It could be Heatley. or it could be Marleau plus to Montreal.

It is also speculated that if the Sharks beg out of the Heatley scenario, the Oilers will be the ony destination left for Dany. And that could get done in a matter of hours.

not alot yet in terms of details, however the word thoughout the league right now is that the Montreal Canadiens signing of Curtis Sanford (as broken on Hockeybuzz by Andy Strickland) may indeed be clearing the way for a deal with the San Jose Sharks that could also be triggering the right combination to get Heatley's situation resolved.

There is one train of thought out there that the Sharks can only make one major deal and one minor deal. The minor one is widely thought to be sending Cheechoo to either the Bruins or Islanders.

The Major Deal? It could be Heatley. or it could be Marleau plus to Montreal.

It is also speculated that if the Sharks beg out of the Heatley scenario, the Oilers will be the ony destination left for Dany. And that could get done in a matter of hours.

Eklown now being quoted <_<

We will see

His numbers are solid.

37 wins 37 losses in 108 games in the NHL with 5 shutouts, a respectable GAA of 2.76 and SV% of .901. Sounds like solid backup material to me, however at this point I doubt we can trust our number 1 enough to put pressure on Sanford to hold the team together in case the price isnt right.

Guest ForeverGuyLafleur
Yeah, shouldn't this be in the, "In the system," thread? :unsure: I imagine Sanford isn't going to be getting much NHL playing time in 2009-2010.

I have nothing at all against Sanford. However since we know Price is still lacking consistency, I was really expecting a guy like Clemmensen or anything to challenge Price and bring the latter to get more serious.

I doubt we could get much for Halak in a trade.

Sanford will be acceptable if either Price or Halak gets injured.

But his real importance is to backstop the Hamilton Bulldogs. If we're serious about developing our prospects in Hamilton, it's important that they be in a winning environment, this is the theme with the signings of Mike Glumac and Shawn Belle.

Archived