The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Canadiens Bell Centre Music Playlist

salosami

Hi. This is my first post here in the forums and I'm really sorry if this isn't the right place to ask this. Anyway, I'm doing a large project that includes all the songs that Montreal Canadiens have played in their Arena in season 2008-2009. So far I'm aware of intros and goal song. So I really need this community's help to find out what songs play during the games and I'm sure you know many of them. I have splitted my request in following parts: home penalty, away penalty, away goal, home win, away win, 2nd and 3rd period and general songs during the faceoffs. I need precise information as much as possible. This means I hope you describe well what you know, for instance that the intro song before the habs entrance is "U2 - Where The Streets Have No Name - Live Version in Boston 2001" or the goal song is Simple Plan's edited version of song "Generation". Tell me allso if you know more information like if the song is played from 0:30 to 0:50. So those were pretty much pefect explanations examples and of course I'm pleased for all help! And if you already have threads started that would answer in my questions enough well then just share them with me! :rolleyes:

Hi. This is my first post here in the forums and I'm really sorry if this isn't the right place to ask this. Anyway, I'm doing a large project that includes all the songs that Montreal Canadiens have played in their Arena in season 2008-2009. So far I'm aware of intros and goal song. So I really need this community's help to find out what songs play during the games and I'm sure you know many of them. I have splitted my request in following parts: home penalty, away penalty, away goal, home win, away win, 2nd and 3rd period and general songs during the faceoffs. I need precise information as much as possible. This means I hope you describe well what you know, for instance that the intro song before the habs entrance is "U2 - Where The Streets Have No Name - Live Version in Boston 2001" or the goal song is Simple Plan's edited version of song "Generation". Tell me allso if you know more information like if the song is played from 0:30 to 0:50. So those were pretty much pefect explanations examples and of course I'm pleased for all help! And if you already have threads started that would answer in my questions enough well then just share them with me! :rolleyes:

first of all i like to say i like this is a great blog !!!!!!! :) and for 2-3 year me and my friends have been talk about it

i like the song when both team come on to the ice, For Whom the Bell Tolls by Metallica

the only thing that i keep on asking is why they change the goal song first the goooooooooal song, then its u2 - vertigo, then last year and im hoping still this year generation by simple plan

which one is ur favorite and which one should they use OH and do u think they should change the goal horn in dont think in think they should keep that goal horn forever !!!!!!!!

I forgot to tell one thing, let's try to keep this thread as clear as possible! I will update my first post every time I get some more information. Also please confirm if your good forum fellow have posted something that he isn't 100% sure. I hope I get ~20 songs with community's help, because this is pretty importand for me and my project.

So I hear that Metallica's For Whom the Bell Tolls is played during the games. Does this happen after end of period 1st and 2nd like I have once heard?

I forgot to tell one thing, let's try to keep this thread as clear as possible! I will update my first post every time I get some more information. Also please confirm if your good forum fellow have posted something that he isn't 100% sure. I hope I get ~20 songs with community's help, because this is pretty importand for me and my project.

So I hear that Metallica's For Whom the Bell Tolls is played during the games. Does this happen after end of period 1st and 2nd like I have once heard?

Metallica's For Whom the Bell Tolls is played at the start of the 2nd and 3rd period

How about that inane, moronic, repetitive "Put Your Hands Up In The Air" disco crap-mix that they torture us with every night at the phone booth.

They should change it to "Put Your Hands Around The PA Guy's Throat". I'd sing along to that.

"Start Me Up" by the Stones and "Welcome To The Jungle" by GNR are stadium/arena staples, and I'm sure the Bell Centre DJ has spun both platters on occasion, but the best/funniest DJ is the guy at the Joe in Detroit.

Whenever the visiting team scores, he plays "Even The Losers(Get Lucky Sometimes)" by Tom Petty.

When Detroit takes a penalty, on comes "There Must Be Some Misunderstanding" by Phil Collins/Genesis, while a foe's indiscretion and subsequent trip to the box is met with "Innocence(It's All You Ever Plead)" by Harlequin.

And when Dan Cleary scores, everyone sings along to "I Can See Clearly Now The Rain Has Gone".

We are going to the right direction with this thread and that's great. I'll just wait 2-3 days and see how you fans make progress with this. There must be a lot others songs too, so cmon guys! I really want to know about home win/away win/away goal and those penalty songs too if there is more and yes, break during the play -songs are important! But now I need to go sleeping, cause I'm a very drained Finn.

One more thing, can anybody confirm that U2 - Elevation (tomb raider remix maybe?) is played during the breaks? Thank you.

We are going to the right direction with this thread and that's great. I'll just wait 2-3 days and see how you fans make progress with this. There must be a lot others songs too, so cmon guys! I really want to know about home win/away win/away goal and those penalty songs too if there is more and yes, break during the play -songs are important! But now I need to go sleeping, cause I'm a very drained Finn.

One more thing, can anybody confirm that U2 - Elevation (tomb raider remix maybe?) is played during the breaks? Thank you.

r u goin to change those song becuz im hoping u dont change the habs goal song generation by simple plan DONT CHANGE THAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!OR THE GOAL HORN DONT CHANGE THAT ETHER !!!!!!!

not really "songs" but "arena music" to get the crowd going. You have the "ole ole", "dudu du du dudu charge" and i think they have one where its to the tune of "if you're happy and you know it clap your hands" and also "hey ho lets go" part of a ramones song

in general, songs i'm pretty sure i've heard play are: "so make it clap" (sean paul i believe) and pretty sure "hey mama" from black eyed peas. but those are just general songs that they lpay before puck drop and stuff. like i'm sure this year they'll blare "boom boom pow". i think everyones named all the other ones i can think of right now. I think they play a beatles song once in a while. And, i can't remember the song, but incase someone comes across the blog, do they play the same song in that "pom" dance contest everygame? that can be another.

r u gonna change the music ?????????

why do you keep asking him that hahaha

I have no freaking idea either. I can tell him that I'm not a upcoming Habs arena music DJ and I'm just a normal Finn that is extremely keen on hockey music. I haven't even included U2 - Vertigo in my project, so don't worry! Unless it's played during the breaks. :lol:

List of confirmed and possible arena music from season 08-09:

Metallica - For Whom the Bell Tolls - start of the 2nd and 3rd period

Unknown artist/version - Put Your Hands Up In The Air

Stones - Start Me Up

Ramones - Beat on the Brat

Ramones - Blitzkrieg Bop

Dropkick Murphy's - Shipping Up To Boston

Chickenfoot - Oh Yeah (what part?)

Audioslave - Man or Animal (what part?)

Artist? - Ole Chant

U2 - Elevation?

Guns N Roses - Welcome To The Jungle - break in play

Star Wars - Imperial March - Home and away penalty

ACDC - Thunderstruck - Away penalty

Keep up the good work with arena music and tell me if something is wrong. How about home win, away win and away goal in Bell Centre?

List of confirmed and possible arena music from season 08-09:

Metallica - For Whom the Bell Tolls - start of the 2nd and 3rd period

Unknown artist/version - Put Your Hands Up In The Air

Stones - Start Me Up

Ramones - Beat on the Brat

Ramones - Blitzkrieg Bop

Dropkick Murphy's - Shipping Up To Boston

Chickenfoot - Oh Yeah (what part?)

Audioslave - Man or Animal (what part?)

Artist? - Ole Chant

U2 - Elevation?

Guns N Roses - Welcome To The Jungle - break in play

Star Wars - Imperial March - Home and away penalty

ACDC - Thunderstruck - Away penalty

Keep up the good work with arena music and tell me if something is wrong. How about home win, away win and away goal in Bell Centre?

generation by simle plan = habs goal song

Archived