The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Rumour: Leafs Looking To Trade Pogge

Scott92

Leafs looking to trade Pogge

justin-pogge-leafs2.jpg

Justin Pogge's time as a part of the Maple Leafs organization appears to be coming to an end, as GM Brian Burke is trying to trade him, reports the Toronto Star.

Pogge, 23, was once considered the team's future No.1, but the Leafs are now looking to give him a fresh start somewhere else.

"I have promised Justin I will try to find him a place where he will get a better shot," Burke told the Star via email.

Pogge, who is making $605,000 on a one-year, two-way contract, lost his job after the Leafs signed Swedish netminder Jonas Gustavsson.

According to the Star, the Leafs could likely deal Pogge for a draft pick.

Source: The Fourth Period

people can say what they want about pogge but the truth is he was never given a proper chance by the leafs...he got a couple games last year...instead of giving a good string of games once they knew they were out of it and toskala needed surgery, they play cujo and toskala giving this kid like 8 games? are you kidding me?? how is he going to get used to the nhl when you bring him up and send him down the next day? he got a raw deal no doubt about it...of the games he played last year the only reason he was scored on so much is because the leafs had horrible defense i saw a few the games with pogge in there and man, it could have been 12-0 blow outs if it wasnt for him...where-ever he goes i hope he gets a legitimate shot...

people can say what they want about pogge but the truth is he was never given a proper chance by the leafs...he got a couple games last year...instead of giving a good string of games once they knew they were out of it and toskala needed surgery, they play cujo and toskala giving this kid like 8 games? are you kidding me?? how is he going to get used to the nhl when you bring him up and send him down the next day? he got a raw deal no doubt about it...of the games he played last year the only reason he was scored on so much is because the leafs had horrible defense i saw a few the games with pogge in there and man, it could have been 12-0 blow outs if it wasnt for him...where-ever he goes i hope he gets a legitimate shot...

To be fair, he was given three full years with the Marlies and didn't really shine.

Archived