The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Hockeybuzz

Hockeybuzz.com? Good or no good?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Is hockeybuzz.com a good source for hockey or not?

• Yes
    • No
    • At times

Eklund does have some good sources, but he throws so much crap out there that he is basically worthless to listen to.

I'm pretty confident he does make some stuff up. His "I'm hearing" statements are pure speculation in my opinion. The reason I think this is any move we make, he always says there is some other motive, a cigar is never a cigar. There is no way any reputable source told him that a goalie signed to a two-way contract when we are in need of a third string goaltender that it was leading to something bigger. Ditto with Plekanek: somehow a one year deal means that he's set up for a trade. We can't make any move that isn't part of something bigger.

That's not to say he's a complete fraud, but he looks for stories where there are none.

Eklund does have some good sources, but he throws so much crap out there that he is basically worthless to listen to.

I'm pretty confident he does make some stuff up. His "I'm hearing" statements are pure speculation in my opinion. The reason I think this is any move we make, he always says there is some other motive, a cigar is never a cigar. There is no way any reputable source told him that a goalie signed to a two-way contract when we are in need of a third string goaltender that it was leading to something bigger. Ditto with Plekanek: somehow a one year deal means that he's set up for a trade. We can't make any move that isn't part of something bigger.

That's not to say he's a complete fraud, but he looks for stories where there are none.

I believe he has one true "source" in the philedelphia organization (he often gets their moves right) and someone in (but not high up) the pittsburg staff (he gets their moves right with some regularity) otherwise, forget it.

And as you've mentioned - in an attempt to "sell more tickets" so to speak, he throws the habs & leafs into everything...

I believe he has one true "source" in the philedelphia organization (he often gets their moves right) and someone in (but not high up) the pittsburg staff (he gets their moves right with some regularity) otherwise, forget it.

And as you've mentioned - in an attempt to "sell more tickets" so to speak, he throws the habs & leafs into everything...

I think he does have some sources for other teams, there's been enough stuff that he's later turned out to be right about even involving the Habs to make me believe he does have some decent source. Even though he's rarily predicted a deal that came through, he was often the first to talk about eals that larger sites later confirmed the Habs were discussing.

There is legitimate stuff, I believe that, but it's sorting it out from his "filler". The fact is when you have to come up with 20 rumours a day, you can't exactly do it all with solid info. This makes the value of his site basically 0, yet I still go to his site and hate the fact that by his ads showing up I support the site.

its a rumour site at the end of the day...its not a "confirmed hockey news only" site...so really you read the rumours you put your own mind into it sometimes things make sense i.e. when he reported about the hawks firing their gm the night before it happened...his hossa going in for surgery thing (even though he got that from that guy in chicago who wrote about it) he still put reason to the story and said flat out that hossa will probably be going in for surgery even though the guy who broke the story said it probably would lead to that...there is stuff on there that is reported that ends up happening...but at the end of the day, its still just a rumour site and rumours are just rumours...some people get upset because the rumours dont happen, but thats why they are rumours...

Eklund site, is something to read when your bored... Im sur ehe does have plenty plenty of sources... That being said there isnt something new and exciting to report about each and everyday....

You go around reading forums and blogs, and you refer to a post where some fool posts Price trades for Ovechkin, and then he could say he heard this rumour...

We're not the only one's who question Eklund.

There's an interesting site called Hockeybuzz Hogwash.

Over a span of 6 months or more, they evaluated Eklunds rumors and predictions.

I won't say anymore, I'll let you read it for yourself.

Here's the link...

http://hockeybuzzhogwash.com/

Links haven't been working lately, if that's the case, copy and paste.

It's worth reading.

Its a good site if you actually go there looking for the right experience. People expect to go in and be the 1st to know about everything, and when it comes to their team, they are pissed if it doesn't amount to anything. I like the site because i think it gives a fairly legit look at what goes on behind the scenes. Players are constantly talked about by GMs, but of course they would never say anything to the media nor put players names out there. He does. Now you can't also expect everything to be 100% obviously, its he-she said stuff too, so take it with a grain of salt and be entertained. Because a lot of the hockey world is 'he said she said'.

And he most definitely also get's played by sources.. imagine one wants to put the word out multiple teams pursuing a player in order to increase his value on the market? that type of thing must go on as well. People will use whatever is at their disposal.

Archived