The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Eklund: Montreal Trying To Clear Space...tonight

It's probably nothing as usual but if Montreal is looking to clear up cap space who do you think will be going??

I'd say

Buy out Laraque

Trade Hamrlk with a couple other players as a package deal.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/Mont...TONIGHT/1/22330

Or maybe it has nothing to do with cap space and Montreals trying to clear space in the locker room for the new players to put their stuff lol

Should I start a webpage too?

I could have headlines like

"NHL GM's trying to make their teams better this summer...more to come"

"Sources tell me several NHL team scouts have been watching Evgeni Malkin, Sidney Crosby and Alex Ovechkin..."

"Brian Burke looking to make a deal, TONIGHT"

"Free agents are still free, check back later for updates"

"There is a 50/50 chance that this headline is something you will read and believe"

Should I start a webpage too?

I could have headlines like

"Sources tell me several NHL team scouts have been watching Evgeni Malkin, Sidney Crosby and Alex Ovechkin..."

"There is a 50/50 chance that this headline is something you will read and believe"

lol you should id help

or we can use his rumor generator

I can smell a trade for Roy Halladay! Make it happen Bob! :)

in bob we trust :P

e4

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I can smell a trade for Roy Halladay! Make it happen Bob! :)

Nah, he belongs with the Jays. He's the reason I watch that team.

I say get Vernon Wells and Alex Rios, sign them both for minimum salary, and dump them in the AHL. They'll keep the pressbox nice and toasty.

...yeah, that was mean.

Anything to get hits, eh? :lol:

Whats even better is Philly traded for Cliff Lee today all but nixing a Halladay deal, so basically he got that wrong too.

But ya "cough cough" hockey...

I'm really sure all the GMs are at work to work out a deal at 9:30pm .....

Well I know GM's do work into the night sometimes so its not entirely impossible. Not sure how the transaction works with Central Registry though at late times.

I can smell a trade for Roy Halladay! Make it happen Bob!

:lol::P

Anything to get hits, eh? :lol:

Sportscenter said there was a deal in place with Philly that fell through... atleast i think i saw that... didnt bother to find source... dont really care

I'm really sure all the GMs are at work to work out a deal at 9:30pm .....

Only 6:30 in San Jose... Which seems to be the team Ek is targeting... not that this is true, but the time at night doesn't hurt the rumour in my opinion

dont trust sites like hockey buzz wait until news comes up on tsn rds or habsinsideout a valid source

I think people look at them for entertainment reasons, not for facts and news... Plus Hockeybuzz clearly is self proclaimed as a RUMOUR site

I don't think that Gainey is completely happy with his team right now... Sure we have a pretty good line up... But we still have a team with a few players that were part of the "clicks" atmosphere last year... A team with 4 or 5 groups that stick to themselves ins't the way to go... I think Gainey is still trying to rip the team apart abit more while still looking for that centerman that he so clearly wants to get... I personally feel that Hamrlik is probably the one Gainey is shopping around... And why not, dump a big salary and sign Schneider relatively cheap, who still wants to be a hab, and maybe a leader... Then we have more cap space to deal Plekanecs and company to San Jose for atleast Marleau... I dunno about you guys, but I think the first 6 look better than the second 6...

(D'Agostini/ **A. Kostitsyn) Gomez Gionta

(*Pacoiretty/*Latendresse) Marleau Cammalleri

Cammalleri Gomez Gionta

S. Kostitsyn Plekanec A. Kostitsyn

*Either one as they both play power forward

**Depending on who is traded, hopefully he isn't

I know everything on Hockeybuzz never happens but its been pretty slow the last little while so i figured it was something new we could talk about.

I still think before the trade deadline you will see roman hamrlk traded to free up cap space.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/Mont...Tonight/1/22330

(updated..Deal Not Done Tonight)

He is still saying there is another team interested. I mean it is possible Gainey is trying to get rid of some players still.

It would make sense thou, send Hammer to Florida. Marleau and Erhoff to Habs. For of course the rest of the gangster related Habs.

That makes hardly any sense. <_<

• Florida wants an aging D-man signed for two more years at $5.5 million?
  • We're going to give up on two young, possible stars, for a horrible d-man and an aging center (who's not even French Canadian, by the way)?
  • What the heck are you talking about "Gangster related Habs?"

It would make sense thou, send Hammer to Florida. Marleau and Erhoff to Habs. For of course the rest of the gangster related Habs.

That's extremely sad but I'm sure a realistic opinion that many uninformed or unforgiving or bitter fans hold. That's something those players will have to shake whether they stay in Montreal or go elsewhere.

Archived