The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Official Ea Sports Nhl 10 Thread

Rayzor123

ya not going to lie ive been following this game for about 2 months now!! lol im pretty pumped of it to come out! cant wait to play it with all the new features and rosters...even though i made all the roaster changes in 09 it just doesnt feel the same. i need 10... cant wait for the demo!!

I don't know if you guys play online, but that's basically 3 extra points on speed or 9 points on accelaration, which can make a huge difference..EA Is just being stupid here. This first season of EASHL was considered somewhat a disaster since not everyone was on the same level of play (99 juicing, win trading and all that *****). What does EA do this year, they give out extra points to people who pre-order the game through gamestop...that's probably the best of trying to keep the paying field on the same level...

From what I understand, if you pre-order, you get Kane's equipment, which is what actually gives you the 9 points. This equipment is unlockable for everyone by either earning it through play or paying MS points to unlock it. Depending on the requirements for earning it, I'm fine with it being included in advance, but we'll have to wait and see.

The worst thing I've heard for NHL 10 so far, is the equipment that provides attribute boosts and can be either earned or purchased. Not that the concept is bad, or I wouldn't like the challenge of earning better equipment, but because some of the equipment isn't exactly regulation. A toque or camouflage painted gloves and helmet from what I've seen so far.

The last thing I want is to play with or against other players that are dressed in polka dot pants, rainbow striped socks, suspenders, a paper bag over their head and a pair of rabbit ears for a helmet.

From what I understand, if you pre-order, you get Kane's equipment, which is what actually gives you the 9 points. This equipment is unlockable for everyone by either earning it through play or paying MS points to unlock it. Depending on the requirements for earning it, I'm fine with it being included in advance, but we'll have to wait and see.

The worst thing I've heard for NHL 10 so far, is the equipment that provides attribute boosts and can be either earned or purchased. Not that the concept is bad, or I wouldn't like the challenge of earning better equipment, but because some of the equipment isn't exactly regulation. A toque or camouflage painted gloves and helmet from what I've seen so far.

The last thing I want is to play with or against other players that are dressed in polka dot pants, rainbow striped socks, suspenders, a paper bag over their head and a pair of rabbit ears for a helmet.

ugh i know what you mean! i saw those screens and i was like oh that cool, then i read that they give your player a boost and i lost it. its a stupid idea IMO. i wont be wearing any of that crap when i play

:lol: :lol: :lol: i would do that

:lol: :lol: :lol: i would do that

it would bring a whole new meaning to create a player and possibly attract younger people to the games.

i would see this on nhl 2k series more than the ea one, the 2k's have reputation for screwing up games.

btw, what happened to the nhl HITZ series, that game was hella fun

it would bring a whole new meaning to create a player and possibly attract younger people to the games.

i would see this on nhl 2k series more than the ea one, the 2k's have reputation for screwing up games.

btw, what happened to the nhl HITZ series, that game was hella fun

Damn it I'm stuck with nhl 2k10...I only have a Wii and the PC version of NHL10 will probably be totally different then the Xbox/PS3 version.

My buddy was/is interviewing Jason Rupert (gameplay producer) today or tomorrow and was going to ask about this new equipement that gives you some extra boost.. I'm hoping that if I wear a regular helmet I won't be disadvanteged compared to those wearing the santa hats (or whatever they are).

I'll post the link once it hits the web.

Archived