The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Multiple Sources: Habs Trying To Land Frolov?

it would be nice but we are giving up way too much for frolov

the kosty bros,dags,o'b,and stewart for just frolov

GP G A Pts

andrei :186 52 56 108

frolov: 455 149 181 330

andrei is on pace to have similar numbers as frolov and dags is a potential 20+ goal scorer

wow this would be a dumb move un less they give us another player in the deal

we give up a legit 30 + goal scorer and his bro with 3 great prospects for frolov

the only way i do this deal is if its for kopitar, brown and a pick, or frolov and moller

It would make sense, Martin has said that he likes to develop player chemistry in pairs, and both Gomez + Gionta, and Cammalleri + Frolov have had great success.

Agreed,could possibly work out where they have had success before,but IMO,they want to much from what I'M reading here.

I laugh (:lol: :lol: :lol:) at this proposed deal. Here's why:

1) Gainey seems to want to infuse the team with North Americans. Spacek is the only player from Europe signed by him this year, that's like 1 out of what: 8 or 9? Frolov is EUROPEAN.

2) His contract is up next year. So basically Gainey says he is giving LA 4 cheap RFA's who all still have yet to reach their potential for a guy who MIGHT rekindle some success with Cammalleri for one year? HA!

3) He is a left winger! The team needs a right handed shot and a centre! HA!

4) I would say that if this had any credible source whatsoever, I'll bet that LA management is trying to dump Frolov because of what a let-down he is. At his current pace, Latendresse will put up similar numbers.

This deal is BOGUS!

Just checked Anze Koptitars stats and contract! for 700K hes a steal AND the center montreal ALWAYS needed at 6 3. Hes a beast. Id say send:

To MTL: Anze Koptiar, 7th rd pick, Alexander Frolov

To LA: Plekanics

Andre Kostitsyn

Sergei Kositysen

Hamerlik

Halak!

Ryan Obyrne,

What does everybody think?? sound like a fair deal?

I laugh (:lol: :lol: :lol:) at this proposed deal. Here's why:

1) Gainey seems to want to infuse the team with North Americans. Spacek is the only player from Europe signed by him this year, that's like 1 out of what: 8 or 9? Frolov is EUROPEAN.

2) His contract is up next year. So basically Gainey says he is giving LA 4 cheap RFA's who all still have yet to reach their potential for a guy who MIGHT rekindle some success with Cammalleri for one year? HA!

3) He is a left winger! The team needs a right handed shot and a centre! HA!

4) I would say that if this had any credible source whatsoever, I'll bet that LA management is trying to dump Frolov because of what a let-down he is. At his current pace, Latendresse will put up similar numbers.

This deal is BOGUS!

1) He's European, so what. So are the 2 main players who would be going the other way.

2) Frolov doesn't need to re-kindle any kind of flame, he did well without Cammalleri. I also doubt all of the players mentioned would be going back the other way, more likely the Kostitsyn brothers and one other for Frolov and a prospect or minor roster player.

3) Frolov is a right handed shot, and we don't NEED a center. Sure, it would be nice to get Marleau or similar, but that's not likely to happen.

4)Frolov a let down? Have you ever seen him play? He's a big, skilled winger with a $2.9 million cap hit, who has consistently averaged 60-70 points in his career.

Just checked Anze Koptitars stats and contract! for 700K hes a steal AND the center montreal ALWAYS needed at 6 3. Hes a beast. Id say send:

Andre Kostitsyn

Sergei Kositysen

Dagostini

Ryan Obyrne

2nd round pick

fixed it for you

i dont think la wants to move kopitar but this is at least what it would take

it would be nice but we are giving up way too much for frolov

the kosty bros,dags,o'b,and stewart for just frolov

GP G A Pts

andrei :186 52 56 108

frolov: 455 149 181 330

andrei is on pace to have similar numbers as frolov and dags is a potential 20+ goal scorer

wow this would be a dumb move un less they give us another player in the deal

we give up a legit 30 + goal scorer and his bro with 3 great prospects for frolov

the only way i do this deal is if its for kopitar, brown and a pick, or frolov and moller

We get the better player of the deal, plus we get rid of mysterious players, and mid-level prospects.

Stewart, I like him, but players like him aren't exactly rare, plus we just got a better one in Moen locked for 3 years.

O'Byrne is a 7th d-man, and both Weber/Subban are getting closer to the big league.

D'agostini is a potential 20 goals scorer, agreed. That's why we'd get picks in return.

To save cap room, to open room for other trades, and to keep money for Price and Latendresse next payday.

But that would still leave us with Pleks as 2nd centre. I'm worried about that.

Still, I would do this trade in a second's notice.

Edit :

Pacioretty- Gomez - Gionta

Frolov - Plekanec- Cammalleri

Moen - Lapierre - Moen

Weber? - Metropolit - Laraque/White/Maxwell/Chipchura (whoever earns it at camp)

But somehow I believe that it's not ALL of the 5 players who would go the other way.

5 for 1, a prospect and picks, I'd be nice with it.

Or I would trade Halak, and get Edberg in the trade.

To the guy with his crazy trade for Kopitar: WAAAAAAAAAAY too much for Kopitar. He's good but damn...! That's too much. A.Kostitsyn has the potential to be a 30 goal scorer. Plekanec had 20 goal last year. Halak is a great back-up that we could include in a good trade. Sergei Kostitsyn could be good on a second or first line. Hamrlik and O'byrne aren't that good but I doubt Hamrlik would waive his NTC for a team like L.A.

Andre Kostitsyn

Sergei Kositysen

Hamerlik

Halak!

Ryan Obyrne,

youre giving them way too much...halak?!?!

We get the better player of the deal, plus we get rid of mysterious players, and mid-level prospects.

Stewart, I like him, but players like him aren't exactly rare, plus we just got a better one in Moen locked for 3 years.

O'Byrne is a 7th d-man, and both Weber/Subban are getting closer to the big league.

D'agostini is a potential 20 goals scorer, agreed. That's why we'd get picks in return.

To save cap room, to open room for other trades, and to keep money for Price and Latendresse next payday.

But that would still leave us with Pleks as 2nd centre. I'm worried about that.

Still, I would do this trade in a second's notice.

id hope we get at least a defensive prospect (teubert) if we give up all of those players but if we only give up the kosty bros and a choice of Stewart D'agostini o'Byrne then this is a great deal if we can lock up frolov, especially if he plays well with cammi

then we can probably make a move for a big center and un load hamrliks contract

All of this is making my head spin. As if the season itself wasn't a circus, now the off season is becoming a circus too. If none of these rumors come to fruition it will just show how crazed the Habs fan base is and how the media will continue to feed off of it.

But back to the rumor. LOL If S Kostitsyn, O'Byrne and Dags would be traded I'll have a lot of questions. S Kostitsyn I'm on the fence with but no way trade A Kostitsyn. That will make my brain do more RPM'S than I can handle. Tell me why we'd be trading for a soon to be free agent?

Andre Kostitsyn

Sergei Kositysen

Hamerlik

Halak!

Ryan Obyrne,

I just can't see them trading off their 2 best forwards to us. But, if the trade you propose were offered to me as Gainey....I'd say YES a thousand times! Even if it is a bit heavy, but look at the talent coming our way!

Frolov's cap hit this season is similar to AK's, Kopitar's is higher at about 6.8 for 7 years, but he's 22-23? at 6'3'' and 220lbs. Everyone is raving about Marleau, but he's iffy when it comes to resigning (if he ever waived his NTC to come to Montreal)

Imagine this

Frolov - Kopitar - Cammelleri

Lats-Gomez- Gionta

Patches - Laps - Moen

Stewart - Metro -D'ags(at 600K)

Laraque/Chips

Markov - Mara

Spacek - Webber

Gorges - Gill

Subban/Carle

Price

Sanford

Cap hit 53.9Mil

With that 1-2 punch of our 1 and 1A lines and the grinding 3rd line our forwards would be set long term.

Our Defence would be excellent at moving the puck and has a couple of tough cookies to clear the crease

Our new coach will ensure everyone is responsible defensively so Price will have an all-star season (even into April-May)

Gomez-Gionta

Frolov-Cammy would be a sick top 2 lines.

I do NOT want to lose AK in this deal, but I guess time will tell. I still doubt it will or would happen.

That's actually the part that makes sense more than anything. A trend developing with former teammates? As much as Gainey is ripping the team a part he's trying to find chemistry?

Gomez - Gionta

Mara - Gomez

Spacek - Hamrlik

Frolov - Cammy ????????????

Archived