The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Tsn: Montreal Part Of Possible 3 Way Trade For Heatley

Now TSN is on rumour-mongering bandwagon! :lol::rolleyes: I mean, something tells me Montreal would be a huge danger of getting whooped in a three way deal involving San Jose and Ottawa. Unless San Jose is willing to give us someone like Michalek or an elite prospect like Logan Couture there's no way I make any deal with San Jose. Marleau is not worth giving up one of the Kostitsyn brothers for.

Now TSN is on rumour-mongering bandwagon! :lol::rolleyes: I mean, something tells me Montreal would be a huge danger of getting whooped in a three way deal involving San Jose and Ottawa. Unless San Jose is willing to give us someone like Michalek or an elite prospect like Logan Couture there's no way I make any deal with San Jose. Marleau is not worth giving up one of the Kostitsyn brothers for.

Gainey has shown himself to be a sheep that's easily fleeced,that's why Murray and Wilson would likely love to play with him!They see how he has excelled at helping other GMS out of their self-made ridiculous predicaments! <_<

Only way I do any deal with San Jose is if ryan clowe is coming our way! wouldnt hurt getting cheechoo either, i really think hes got some stuff left in him! and at 3 Mill its not like its a redicolous contract, even if he scored 20-25 goals. Id say deal like this wed actually be saving some money, then send hammer to dallas for grossman along with our 2nd rd selection. Wed have over 5+ million left in cap i think. Then sign price to an extension

To MTL: Cheechoo

Clowe

To SJ: Plekanic

Heatley

To OTT: Andre and Sergei Kos

SJ 1st round Selection 10'

as long as he lights it up in another conference I couldn't care less.

Thornton makes everyone look good. Remember Cheechoo's ridiculous 56 goal season?

Marleau gets things done on his own. Bring HIM to Montreal, please!

Please don't bring Marleau to Montreal he was a no show in the playoffs and goes through long bouts of being unproductive. Besides, Marleau has a no trade clause and he stated that he doesn't want to move from the California area where his family is settled . Instead, let's try to get Milan Michalek (Left Wing,age:24, height: 6'2,Weight: 225 lbs,Salary: $3,000,000) and Defenseman Marc-Edouard Vlasic. I think they would be a much better fit for Montreal. From what I saw of Michalek during the playoffs he looked really good. Here's our chance to get rid of Kostitsyn and O'Byrne, and get something of value.

Things are getting interesting again.I know Gainey isn't done changing this team.

As I also believe this to be the case,he is just waiting for the right deal/best move available.

Not gonna happen. There is no way Gainey would trade Gionta right now. If this was the tradedeadline it could be a possibility but we just signed the guy and we havn't even had chance to see what him and Gomez can do on a line togeather.

I agree,does not make much sense to me for gainey to do that,not after everything he has done up to now in changing this team.

Ok seriously...none of the free agents we signed are going to be traded. What kind of precendent would that set...sign as a free agent in Montreal and we'll trade you a month later? Please.

Ageed.

Everything points to the Kostitsyns

Especially after the news release of their shady ties in Montreal.

What's that got to do with anything,besides...it turned out to be nothing more than over-blown ***** by the media...surprise surprise.

Thornton makes everyone look good. Remember Cheechoo's ridiculous 56 goal season?

Marleau gets things done on his own. Bring HIM to Montreal, please!

I'd take Marleau anytime,if the opportunity was there,for sure.

This time of year hockey fans are just dying for news thanks for giving us something to talk about :lol:

Holy macro,the rumours that have been flooding into this forum in the last few weeks...making my head spin. :lol:

I was sure Wilson said at the end of the year that there was no untouchable in his team.... That if he would have to trade Thornton, he would... Well that's what I remember, it is possible that I am wrong too but I remebered that Wilson said: There is no untouchables... !

Same famous last words of Mr.Burke.... :P

It would for us but it's never going to happen. SJS giving up Cheechoo, Ehrhoff and Marleau for Heatley, while we'd only be giving up Hamrlik and land a legit top2 center in return?

Although i'd love it, I don't think so ;)

Cheechoo scored 12 goals last season so I don't think his value is very high and don't forget salary when you look at a players value.

When we think about none of these deals are nessicary for the habs. Marleau? Why not just keep Plekanec for nearly 4 million cheaper and hope he can produce 55-70 points? Why move AK46? What is the point of trading him and getting Cheecho who produced less then Andrei last year? Moving Hamirlik to get Cheecho would make sense, but that ain't happening so..

I too fail to see the point of any of these trades. If Plekanec can provide 50-55 points from the second-line center position, he'll be good value for his contract. Marleau is UFA next summer just like Pleks, so there is no team-building value to acquiring him, particularly when we won't have the dollars to match what other teams will offer in free agency.

Cheechoo is mediocre. I'll take AK over him any day of the week.

I too fail to see the point of any of these trades. If Plekanec can provide 50-55 points from the second-line center position, he'll be good value for his contract. Marleau is UFA next summer just like Pleks, so there is no team-building value to acquiring him, particularly when we won't have the dollars to match what other teams will offer in free agency.

Cheechoo is mediocre. I'll take AK over him any day of the week.

Agreed 100 %...Many seem to forget that Marleau could walk next year and given up AK and prospects for one year Marleau is just plain dumb

Agreed 100 %...Many seem to forget that Marleau could walk next year and given up AK and prospects for one year Marleau is just plain dumb

Well,I guess you make a valid point. :D

Instead of getting Marleau, we should just focus on the Frolov deal, then Marleau's thing.

May as well.

Since the Marleau deal would not be wise,as it appears.

but the possibilities could just rock the habs line up.

wouldnt you risk it for a shot at the cup? i mean were already risking it as is with Cammalleri, Gionta and Gomez? why not go for one more roll of the dice?

in a capless league ... yes ... now ... no ... forget one shot at the cup ... id rather see montreal make it deep into the playoffs and win a few cups in the long run than just one cup and then go back to 16 years without a cup ... think about the situation for the next few seasons and how much we have to play with ...

in a capless league ... yes ... now ... no ... forget one shot at the cup ... id rather see montreal make it deep into the playoffs and win a few cups in the long run than just one cup and then go back to 16 years without a cup ... think about the situation for the next few seasons and how much we have to play with ...

Hey now,we're here today,may be gone tomorrow.

16 YRS you say,I don't know about you,I want a cup,& now....been so long :lol: Loader up & make a run for it. :lol::D

Hey now,we're here today,may be gone tomorrow.

16 YRS you say,I don't know about you,I want a cup,& now....been so long :lol: Loader up & make a run for it. :lol::D

im with you FH10.

all weve been doing is taking risks in trades, FAs and what not. whats one more going to do?

either way, BG knows that his butt is on the line. either this team performs or he may be kindly asked to leave.

so i ask you with the knowledge that your current GM may not be so by next june: whats one more risk to get a shot at the cup?

We would be way over cap...

To Ottawa:

Cheechoo

Erhoff

To San Jose:

Heatley

Hamrlik

To Mtl:

Marleau

I think this would make more sense for all the teams.

Yeah. This is the exact rumored trade. Some people don't understand that the NHL has a salary cap.

But its good to know you do.

bingo

at the end of the day the restriction must be:

To San Jose: Heatley

To Ottawa: Top 6 Forward

To Montreal:???

To Montreal: A big center or winger. Like Patty Marleau

We would be way over cap...

To Ottawa:

Cheechoo

Erhoff

To San Jose:

Heatley

Hamrlik

To Mtl:

Marleau

I think this would make more sense for all the teams.

Uh if Ottawa didn't think Cheechoo, Erhoff, and a 1st was enough, why would they take just the two players?

And the reason for Montreal's supposed involvement is to give something to Ottawa, not San Jose.

Archived