The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#31 - Carey Price 2009-10

franck5890

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not trying to spam but I just uploaded a great article on my website written by one of the members here on our board...

It is called,

THE TALE OF A CAREY PRICE COLLECTOR

I am sure you guys will love it!

You can go directly to http://www.carey31price.com to read it or just click here,

http://www.carey31price.com/article5.html

A little over four years ago, the Montreal Canadiens used the 5th selection in the NHL Entry Draft to select a young goaltender from the Tri-City Americans. Like many Canadiens fans at the time, I wondered why the choice was made to draft Carey Price. Today, I am considered his "#1 Fan" on his official website and own an impressive collection of his memorabilia. What a difference a couple years, a World Junior Championship MVP performance, a Calder Cup MVP performance, an amazing rookie season, and a glimpse into an amazing potential yet to be fully realized will make!

From Canadiens.com

While he was at it, Martin also took the opportunity to send some love Carey Price’s way. After heading west to visit Price a few weeks ago, Martin’s confidence in his No. 1 netminder is higher than ever.

“It’s important to get to know your athletes. This is an individual who has had a lot of success at a very young age. I wanted to get to know him better as a person. I wanted to get to know his family and his history and establish his needs and expectations. I’m really excited to work with him.”

From Canadiens.com

While he was at it, Martin also took the opportunity to send some love Carey Price’s way. After heading west to visit Price a few weeks ago, Martin’s confidence in his No. 1 netminder is higher than ever.

“It’s important to get to know your athletes. This is an individual who has had a lot of success at a very young age. I wanted to get to know him better as a person. I wanted to get to know his family and his history and establish his needs and expectations. I’m really excited to work with him.”

Even more great quotes from Martin,

Even though he's clear on who will be his No. 1 goaltender, the new coach of the Montreal Canadiens remains vague when it comes to who will be the next to captain the team.

If you take Jacques Martin's word for it, the revolving door of Habs goalies is now a thing of the past.

"Carey (Price) is trustworthy. That's the reason why I went to visit him this summer in the west of Canada," Martin said during a news conference. "I wanted to get to know him better and establish a relationship."

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Montr...794751-qmi.html

While Martin said yesterday that the players will dictate where they play this season, he gave Price a strong vote of confidence when he was asked whether he would more willing to switch to Jaroslav Halak if Price struggled.

"I'll reserve judgment on that," Martin said.

"I think I believe strongly in Carey Price. I think he's got tremendous skill. He's very young.

"I think competition is always great and I'll see how things go at camp.

We got Halak, we got (Curtis) Sanford, we have people competing for jobs. In Carey's case, I think he's an exceptional young goaltender. I expect him to keep getting better and be a key part of our hockey club."

from http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/Habs...4920/story.html

I don't want to blame last year's drinking excesses and partying for his post all star game failures. After all, Lapierre and Gorges are known for their partying and both had very respectable seasons.

However, I feel that Price still needs to mature. It ain't easy coming into montreal with tons of praise from the men in suits who drafted him 5th overall. He seems to be at least concerned with the mental aspect of the game and if he can hone in on the changes the team has made and embrace them I believe we will have a better Carey Price this year.

I don't want to blame last year's drinking excesses and partying for his post all star game failures. After all, Lapierre and Gorges are known for their partying and both had very respectable seasons.

This is nothing new in hockey and the only reason it was even news is because the Montreal media couldn't find anything else to write about. Although these players are role models they are still people, teenagers with big money what do you expect?

I'm sure Carey will have a great season Gainey has really brought in alot of help for Price and it will pay off. Good Luck with the Media pressure.

This is nothing new in hockey and the only reason it was even news is because the Montreal media couldn't find anything else to write about. Although these players are role models they are still people, teenagers with big money what do you expect?

I'm sure Carey will have a great season Gainey has really brought in alot of help for Price and it will pay off. Good Luck with the Media pressure.

To be honest, I fully expect any professional athlete to abstain from alcohol throughout the season, no matter how rich or young they may be. It's part of their job.

I've got some friends who were varsity athletes in university, and throughout their seasons they were absolutely forbidden by their coach from drinking and going out with the rest of us. And they weren't even being paid. Now explain to me why, if serious athletes are expected not to drink in university (pretty much the most party-centric environment going), why should it be excused for someone who is paid millions to be a professional athlete?

Now I'm not saying that Price was doing anything wrong during the season, since it's all heresay and it is rediculous how much is made up about these guys. If he or any other players were out partying excessively throughout the season, though, they should be held compeltely responsible.

Archived