The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#6 - Jaroslav Spacek 2009-10

franck5890

• 1 month later...

Quite a few of the 'regular' Habs were seen at the Bell training centre today, for an informal skating session:

Roman Hamrlik, Guillaume Latendresse, Sergei Kostitsyn, Scott Gomez, Mike Cammalleri, Georges Laraque, Jaroslav Spacek, Maxim Lapierre, Glen Metropolit, Matt D'Agostini, Gregory Stewart, Travis Moen, Hal Gill et Jaroslav Halak

We'll probably get the Spacek profile interview like the other new comers soon.

Im really excited to see Jaro Play this year! Very underrated Dman In the NHL! but not nomore playing for a team like the habs!

2 "Jaro's" is already confusing me.

Anyway this guy is so underrated. He is easily better than any defensemen that we lost on the free agent market...

I think this guys going to make our team a lot better then most people think. His quick breakout passes will be key for our speedy forwards, something we didn't have enough of last year.

The only problem I have with this signing, is the term. Weber and/or Subban will probably be able to do this job at a much cheaper price in a couple seasons.

He shoots he scores!!!!!!!

....you mean, "he shoots, he SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!" (mimicing that stupid Buffalo announcer)

Seriously, I like this guy. He comes to play...and he CAN shoot.

For once, I feel like it will be the Habs who get the best revenge and last word about the trades. I feel guys like Spacek, Gill, Gionta, and Gomez will be the ones delivering the knockout blows to their former teams....and Cammalleri would, too, but we don't play Western Conference teams that often.

This season could be full of surprises.

....but yes, we will have to deal with having two "Jaro's" on the same team. How will we cope? :P

I think this guys going to make our team a lot better then most people think. His quick breakout passes will be key for our speedy forwards, something we didn't have enough of last year.

The only problem I have with this signing, is the term. Weber and/or Subban will probably be able to do this job at a much cheaper price in a couple seasons.

+1. you may be right about in a couple seasons but for this season jaro fills a very important hole

Appeared like he had a pretty strong game, nice little pass to Gomez on the first goal. This guy is so underrated. I really believe he's better then any of the DMen we've lost in the past few seasons (Rivet, Souray, Streit, Komisarek).

I'll be very nervous for the powerplay if Spacek goes down unless Subban or Weber can come through.

If Spacek is out for an extended period of time, I'm fairly confident Weber could be at least somewhat productive from that right PP point.

I just wish our powerplay would be less reliant on the "big shot" from the point and could put together some more "tic tac toe" type plays down low.

My guess is that we'll see those types of tic-tac-toe plays develop more as the players figure out each other's tendencies. With guys like Markov, Gomez, Cammalleri, and AK, the first unit certainly won't lack for puck movement and vision.

How could he play the same role? He shoots right. Markov wouldn't be able to set him up.

Some adjustments would have to be made. The obvious one would be to flip both men on the points. I know this didn't work particularly well last season, but that was when Markov was being told to shoot instead of pass. In this scenario, he'd still be needed to distribute the puck. Alternatively, we could try AK on the right PP point.

Archived