The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#68 - Yannick Weber 2010-11

franck5890

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I really love the fact that Weber is not afraid to shoot. In the two pre-season games that I have watched this season his ability to find a spot to shoot and then the quality of the shot. I see lots of goals for Weber especially if he gets time on the PP.

Is Weber great defensively? No. However I find his skills in our zone acceptable. Good skater. Active stick. Seems to be willing to go behind the net or in the corners. Not sure he wins a lot of those battles but at least he shows up which is better then some of the defencemen that have played for Montreal over the past 3 seasons. I beleive that Weber will make our team come October 1st.

I really love the fact that Weber is not afraid to shoot. In the two pre-season games that I have watched this season his ability to find a spot to shoot and then the quality of the shot. I see lots of goals for Weber especially if he gets time on the PP.

Is Weber great defensively? No. However I find his skills in our zone acceptable. Good skater. Active stick. Seems to be willing to go behind the net or in the corners. Not sure he wins a lot of those battles but at least he shows up which is better then some of the defencemen that have played for Montreal over the past 3 seasons. I beleive that Weber will make our team come October 1st.

While I don't disagree with your assessment, I also don't see him making the team in October. Our top six defensemen are pretty much set, so he'd pretty much be competing with O'Byrne for the 7th spot (and I think Ryan will get the nod). I can see him as the first call-up in case of injury, though, although that also depends a little bit on who's injured.

A very good summary/assessment of him - it matches what we saw all last season in Hamilton - I'm not sure he will start the season in Montreal (though he probably should) but I'm sure he will end the season (postseason? ;) ) in Montreal.

Who knows after 5 or 10 games. But Martin was quoted today as saying he might start the season with 8 D. Well I have to assume Weber is one of the eight D. Is this because of injuries? Is this because Weber looks to be playing good defensively? Is this because Weber has a very good shot from the point? My answer would be yes to all three possible reasons. Now just need Weber to get a few goals early in the season or easy rebound goals for our forwards. You never know. Weber could steal a job with our team.

There is room for Weber as Mara and Hamrlik are injured.

JM has been quoted as saying he expects everybody to be ready for the season opener except for Chippy.

My hope is that if they decide to keep 8 D that they find a way to play them. I wouldnt want to see them sitting in the press box for long stretches of time between starts.

Who would you recommend then?? Hes our only Rookie with NHL experience... Preseason you never get to play with the same players and build up chemistry...

Perhaps Bob Gainey will pick up a UFA with more NHL experience.

it wasn't terrible though & with markov out we could use him on the pp. bring him up and use him as a specialty player

It is a possibility.

Dear Yannick Weber,

Please don't let Batman down if you get the call-up. We will officially name you, Robin-The Boy Wonder, should you succeed in your tasks.

Thanks! :D

^^^ :lol::lol::lol: ^^^

Archived