The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Gregory Stewart

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
not a beauty but not much of a dirty goal either, he was in front, got the puck, shot and it went in. simple and efficient

Watched the replay of the Stewart goal on the post game Leafs game. I am not a Leafs fan just wanted to find out about the game tonight. Right place. And it went in the net. My big question though is how is Stewart on the ice the same time as Gomez? Was it the middle of a line change or was Gomez double shifting?

I hope Stewart makes the team because he works hard and plays tough. We need some tough with teams like Leafs, Bruins, and Flyers.

Watched the replay of the Stewart goal on the post game Leafs game. I am not a Leafs fan just wanted to find out about the game tonight. Right place. And it went in the net. My big question though is how is Stewart on the ice the same time as Gomez? Was it the middle of a line change or was Gomez double shifting?

I hope Stewart makes the team because he works hard and plays tough. We need some tough with teams like Leafs, Bruins, and Flyers.

Gomez was indeed double-shifted.

Tom Pyatt has been hurt.

He did handle himself well fighting a bigger guy. I only wish we had some big tough guys (that are not injuried) and were willing like Stewart to fight for there team :blink:

Is this a shot at someone on the Habs roster <_< ?????????

Actually Stewart is 1-2" taller and 10-15 lbs heavier.We will need to get bigger and/or tougher during the season

congrats to stewart for making the team ahead of several players with greater scoring talent. it will be interesting to see how many games he plays. the team has 14 forwards inlcuding chichura on IR. i guess stewart will dress when laraque sits, though I wonder why montreal feels the need to give roster spots to two fighters when many teams have none on their roster. i guess the general truculence of the division worries the organization.

Well im sure its just as easy to unsuspend him, and tell him to come back, as it would be to call him back up

If your the one suspending someone, you can just as easily change your mind and undo it

I agree... and if the intention is framed properly (we did say you would be coming back at some time, we had no doubt... that time is now) a positive spin can be put on this.

Yikes. Maybe you should retire from fighting, eh buddy? The fourth line was a complete disappointment tonight.

Taking Kostos place as the human punching bag. I'd send him down and keep Chips up. I thought he dragged the 4th line down with lack of hustle and positioning in both zones

Archived