The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#32 - Travis Moen 2009-10

franck5890

• 1 month later...

I am pretty excited to see how Moen fits into our lineup. Which is weird, because he seems like one of our least important acquisitions. There's something about that new Habs wallpaper for the month of September that has me excited about seeing him play. I guess it's just because he's the first guy we've had a solid look at wearing the CH, due to said wallpaper. I sure hope he can provide some all important toughness to our lineup. ;)

Lets hope he brings ALOT more to the table then BGL

I'm hoping he does, but will reserve judgement until I see Moen and Laraque on the ice this season. Moen definitely seems like a more well-rounded player, and less of a fighter. Hopefully Moen adds that perfect balance of toughness and intelligence we need on our 3rd/4th line.

Moen is a Kostopoulos v.2.0

bigger, stronger, better fighter, more scoring touch.

Although I will miss Kostopoulos and his horrible attempts at speaking french :(

bingo. underrated pickup. i was pretty excited we grabbed him, very solid 3rd line guy. anyone remember anaheim winning a cup with a line of him rob niedermayer and sami pahlsonn? they got a ton of credit from insiders for being such a great shutdown line.

Moen is a Kostopoulos v.2.0

bigger, stronger, better fighter, more scoring touch.

Although I will miss Kostopoulos and his horrible attempts at speaking french :(

I'm just curious as to what makes you think this? I'm not saying you're wrong or anything but Tom has been a better goal scorer at the NHL level and was actually quite good in the AHL as opposed to Moen, who wasn't very good. Actually Tom has been a more productive goal scorer at every level.

• 2 weeks later...
bingo. underrated pickup. i was pretty excited we grabbed him, very solid 3rd line guy. anyone remember anaheim winning a cup with a line of him rob niedermayer and sami pahlsonn? they got a ton of credit from insiders for being such a great shutdown line.

So far he's a bust. Has not done a thing and I'm not talking points wise, I'm talking about hussle and being aggressive.

If he keeps this up he'll be chastized by the media and make a martyr of of Kotsopoulis.

So far he's a bust. Has not done a thing and I'm not talking points wise, I'm talking about hussle and being aggressive.

If he keeps this up he'll be chastized by the media and make a martyr of of Kotsopoulis.

Well, it's still only pre-season, so I am not too concerned. It's quite possible we will see a more noticeable Moen given that there have been cuts made and we have two more warm-up games before they really start to count. ;)

well you cant label someone a bust in september, everyone will enjoy this man when he gets in the swing of things

well you cant label someone a bust in september, everyone will enjoy this man when he gets in the swing of things

100% agree. Moen plays a tough physical style of game. Pre-season has some physical elements but normally this comes from rookies trying to crack the roster. Moen is on the roster and does not need a broken hand to prove he is NHL calibre. Our team is far more protected this season with Moen then it was last season with Laraque. MMW. Players like Avery and Ott will not act silly after Moen gives them a beating.

I was not impressed by this guy's preseason. I knew that he could bring something really good to this team, and he jut wasn't showing it. But in the first game of the season, well:

Two fights, couple big hits, a goal.

And now I have hope. Plus, anyone who fights Komisarek is a friend of mine. He played a good game, and I hope to see him have many games like the one tonight. Excellent.

Archived