The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#13 - Michael Cammalleri 2009-10

franck5890

• 1 month later...

Bob's best signing since taking over IMO. Probably the best free agent signing in Habs history (results pending, haha) but seriously I can't think of any other time we landed a true, bonafide sniper just entering the prime of his career on the free agent market.

Bob's best signing since taking over IMO. Probably the best free agent signing in Habs history (results pending, haha) but seriously I can't think of any other time we landed a true, bonafide sniper just entering the prime of his career on the free agent market.

Knowing our history in the UFA market, I'm surprise he decided to come to MTL.

Agreed. The only comparable move would be the Kovalev trade, but in terms of UFA signing of a player with no prior history with the team, Cammalleri is on top. In fact, he's the only reason why I haven't developed a serious drinking problem following all Gainey's moves.

Agreed. The only comparable move would be the Kovalev trade, but in terms of UFA signing of a player with no prior history with the team, Cammalleri is on top. In fact, he's the only reason why I haven't developed a serious drinking problem following all Gainey's moves.

Agreed, but it still doesn't make up for Saku.

This guy is the single biggest reason that I can't wait for the pre-season to start this year. Here's hoping for some big things!

Yep! I'm getting quite excited to see how the new guys all start playing together! Cammalleri could be the next 40+ goal scorer in Montreal... Something we haven't had since... Ugh... Richer? I don't want to get my hopes up too high, but I am pretty excited about a good ol' Canadian boy who can shoot the puck being on our team!

Agreed, but it still doesn't make up for Saku.

Nothing makes up for Saku. Nothing. I'm going to stop talking about it right now because I know I'm going to get angry.

Back to Cammalleri: this guy, if used properly, will be a monster on the PP. He's got excellent vision and a bullet one-timer. I'd like to see Martin work the PP schemes to take advantage of Cammalleri's shot at close range (high slot or just outside the hash marks).

Everyone is pouncing on this guys jersey. And truthfully no one has even seen him play yet.. When i say seen him play i mean as one of our guys for 82 straight games like we watch everyone else.

He has huge potential and im hoping he shows whats made of this season for us

Well we all seen him last year in a few highlight real on nhl network/sportsnet/tsn. :lol:

Did you have one before with Kovy's inconsistent play. I did!

Did you have one before with Kovy's inconsistent play. I did!

I just hope we don't force him into situations that stifle his natural talents. Hopefully with Martin at the helm over Carbonneau, players like Cammalleri will be given the freedom to work his magic instead of worrying about being 100% defensively responsible all the time.

Jacques said today that we are gonna play an aggressive style so it should fit right in with Cammy

Archived