The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Who Will Emerge As The New Leaders On This Team?

ramcharger440

halak

Doubt he'd get enough playing time,over price. ;) (See Gainey)

I hope the whole team steps up and takes this season serious without any problems!

I hope the team does well overall!!!

I'm with ya buddy,will be interesting to say the least...Soon we will all have our questions answered,in one way or another....GOHABSSSSSSSSS.

Jacques Martin

:lol: Go Jacques.

How the heck can we realistically venture a guess?We don't even know the players anymore! :blink:

it's just for the sake of discussion and use an informed guess we have seen most of these players as they are from our division cammy and moen are not but i saw them during the playoffs and some games during the sesason :D

I hope, but don't expect, for Markov to become a leader in the locker room. He's our longest serving Hab after Koivu left. He will be a leader by example however.

As for locker room presence it's hard to say and is really all speculative until players make any mention of it. But I like what I've read from Cammalleri in the last edition of hockey news (the ones that indiscriminately quotes weepingminotaur in the best habs article done this year).

As far as experience goes, Mara and Moen will probably step up. Gomez is the team's number 1 Centre so he will also undoubtedly lead in his own right.

I have a good early feel regarding leadership. I don't think anyone would step on each other's toes although that remains to be seen.

Guest habs1952

Gomez with his hustle, Mara standing up for team mates, Markov controlling the play, Gill quietly in the room and Lapierre, just for the commitment he shows game to game.

In the interview the Team 990 had with Tom Kostopolous, he said he would pick Josh Gorges, hands down, and I could really see it. He's getting better all the time and he's young, only 23 I believe. Not to mention he's always very good in interviews. I could see him being a great captain for a long time. Lock him up BG!

In the interview the Team 990 had with Tom Kostopolous, he said he would pick Josh Gorges, hands down, and I could really see it. He's getting better all the time and he's young, only 23 I believe. Not to mention he's always very good in interviews. I could see him being a great captain for a long time. Lock him up BG!

Josh might be an interesting choice. He basically, in my opinion, provides the same shot-blocking and leadership qualities that Komisarek did (without the hitting, of course) for a significantly smaller cap hit. One might even argue that Gorges tries to stand up for his teammates just as much as Komisarek did and that he's better at exiting the zone than Komisarek. Gorges could be an interesting candidate for an 'A' or, holy heck... The 'C'! :o

Archived