The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Prospal A Canadien??

According to Thegoalcrease.com, GM Bob Gainey and Prospal would have had discussions yesterday, about a possible offer worth 2 M a year, but we don't know that lenght yet.. So is Montreal looking to sign him for true, or were the Canadiens just seeing how mcuh Prospal was asking for??

Today i received a email, In the email it said " What do you think of Prospal being on Montreal".

Then it went on to say "the to sides talked earlier today" and he believes that Montreal offered Prospal a contract, Worth 2 Million a year. He was not sure on the the length....

So is he Montreal's forward they were Looking for? Or were they just seeing how much Prospal was asking for?.

http://www.thegoalcrease.com/ (the 6th article)

Would you be happy is in the next days BG was announcing that Prospal is a Hab now?? Or if you would prefer to have a better #2 center by trades?

prospal isnt over-rated, he's a hard working player who would do anything to put the put in the net. Plekanec is really good too, because of his first bad season with the habs, many people want to get rid of him. I would have liked to keep him if the habs wouldnt have spoken to prospal but i think they should sign this guy for 2 million. Send Hamrlik & Pleks to Los Angeles for frolov and a 3rd round draft pick or a prospect. We would re-place our center with prospal and add frolov to the line.

AK46-Gomez-Gionta

Frolov-Prospal-Cammalleri

those would be our top two lines!

i think this would be great! :D

I HOPE IT HAPPENS!! :P

Why do we need another top-6 winger who is 1, 2 or 3 notches below elite level?

There is currently one spot available for Pacioretty, Latendresse, D'Agostini and SKostitsyn to compete over, perhaps that is too much in Gainey's opinion.

prospal isnt over-rated, he's a hard working player who would do anything to put the put in the net. Plekanec is really good too, because of his first bad season with the habs, many people want to get rid of him. I would have liked to keep him if the habs wouldnt have spoken to prospal but i think they should sign this guy for 2 million. Send Hamrlik & Pleks to Los Angeles for frolov and a 3rd round draft pick or a prospect. We would re-place our center with prospal and add frolov to the line.

AK46-Gomez-Gionta

Frolov-Prospal-Cammalleri

those would be our top two lines!

i think this would be great! :D

I HOPE IT HAPPENS!! :P

You know that Prospal is a winger right?

I have mixed feelings about the possibility of Prospal to the Habs. For 2 million on a 1 yr contract 2 max doesn't sound bad money wise, but to add without subtracting would mean one of our youngsters would miss out on a top 6 forward position. Then again if hes being thought of as competition for our youngsters and would possibly take a lesser role if beat out, then this could be a good move for us.

Zherdev will be a far better sigining than this...even if at a slightly higher price.

I suspect Zherdev will be looking for MUCh more, not slightly more.

You could probably get Prospal at $2m/year for 2 years. Zherdev...id be surprised if he wasnt looking for a 5+ year deal at close to $4m a season. Year by year, not a huge difference, but length of contract + price = much more expensive.

Prospal is a good player. I don't see how he would fit into the salary cap. Is he a big improvement over Patches, Moen, Latendresse, S.Kostitsyn, A.Kostitsyn, Cammi, and Gionta which are the most likely wingers that will fill the top two lines? Well certainly not better then three of those players, IMO. I would rather take a chance on one of the younger players stepping up to the job then going after a player that is just good.

Archived