The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Sydney Crosby Stanley Cup Parade

Paulin98C

StanleyCupParadeCrosby037.jpg

About 70 000 people showed up for the parade. I had a sign that said "Sign with the HABS in 2013" The 3 kids and I all had our Montreal Jerseys on. Alot of HABS fan represented as well. I did not see anyone wearing LEAFS colors.

Maxime Talbot was also in the parade.

Great Turn out. Too bad I couldnt stay for the press conference and the concert afterwards. I had my 3 kids with me.

Just caught highlights of Sid's birthday/cup parade...cole harbour must have been ecstatic,too say the least.

After parade,sid takes cup to the nearby children's hospital....never disappoints,way to go sid.

He also went on my former unit, HMCS Preserver (Navy vessel), to thank the troops and autograph session.... along with breakfast pancakes. Very nice fellow.

I apologize SIDNEY. I have no idea why I spelled it with a "y" ...

Would have been cool if ya had got him to sign it. :lol:

hahahah ... it would of indeed.... you just couldnt walk up to him though. When he saw the sign he grinned. That IMO is just as good.

When I think of it .... how much could I have gotten on Ebay for that autograph? hahahah

I'm sure you all know the story of sid & his " Dryer in the basement " by now.

Well,they had games set up for the kids,(and adults :lol: ),seen they had some dryers line up,and fans got to shoot pucks at it,trying to get the pucks into the dryer...funny.

Did you go? Or just reading on the net?

http://www.coleharbourcap.ca/stanleycup.php

Good reading and videos. That dryer was some beat up! and so was the basement's sink!

Reading about this, really did give me a new found respect for the Kid. Even if tons of people helped him plan a politically correct parade, the fact that he went through with it shows he's as grounded as people say he is. Good for him and good for the game of Hockey, somebody needs to get this plastered all over ESPN.

Did you go? Or just reading on the net?

http://www.coleharbourcap.ca/stanleycup.php

Good reading and videos. That dryer was some beat up! and so was the basement's sink!

:lol: I watch highlights on the news coverage.

Co-worker of mine is a hugeeeeee Sid/Pens fan,she was suppose to be there though.....I guess I'll see pictures when I get back to work.

Were you there,being from N.S.?

:lol: I watch highlights on the news coverage.

Co-worker of mine is a hugeeeeee Sid/Pens fan,she was suppose to be there though.....I guess I'll see pictures when I get back to work.

Were you there,being from N.S.?

It was unbelieveable, 70,000 people came out! You can watch video clips on NHL.com

I'll try to summarize Sid's days with the Cup for you:

Day 1

Recieve Cup at the airport. Oh yeah, Maxime Talbot came with the Cup!

Fly by Sea King Helicopter to the HMCS preserver to greet military personel and their families.

Travel by LAV, light armoured vehicle (read: Tank) to Ctiadel Hill to fire the noon cannon.

Go to the IWK Children's Hospital to meet with over 100 sick kids and their families.

Go to Cole Harbour for a parade with Talbot riding in a Trans-AM with the Prince of Wales Trophy and Sid in an antique fire engine with The Cup, ending at Cole Harbour Place where 70,000 people gathered to see him, and sing Happy Birthday!

Then they spent an hour or more signing autographs and posing for pictures. (Too many people for me to get to Sid but my son got Talbots autograph on his hat.)

Then they both sat for a Q&A session with the fans. Fans got to ask the questions. That took about another hour.

Then Sid played a road hockey game with his childhood buddies, winner gets the Cup. Sid's team won with him in nets!

Then there was a free concert with The Sam Roberts Band playing.

What a way for a kid to spend his 22nd birthday!

Day 2

Take the Cup to the N.S. Sports Hall of Fame for pictures etc.

Then family time with the Cup, during which he took the Cup out to his driveway and washed it with water, dishsoap and a cloth.

Then there was a private party at his house for family and close friends with Great Big Sea playing, yes, live at his house!

Reading about this, really did give me a new found respect for the Kid. Even if tons of people helped him plan a politically correct parade, the fact that he went through with it shows he's as grounded as people say he is. Good for him and good for the game of Hockey, somebody needs to get this plastered all over ESPN.

Quote for truth. Especially with the way media outlets follow the bad press (Heatley and more recently Patrick Kane, to name a few) it would be nice to see more stories like this one covered intensely.

Having said that, though, I was on vacation in Vancouver while the parade was going on and it was nice to see that it got mainstream media coverage even on the local news out West. Made me a little homesick :) It was great to see so many people come out and to see Sid having so much fun with it all.

It is good for the game and every one involved in the game. And I thought you may want to know, the people organizing the whole day's event were a few of his former (childhood) hockey coaches as well as those involved in the CHBAMHA executive. (Thats Cole Harbour Bel Ayr Minor Hockey Association)

And yes he is grounded, who else would take the Cup into his driveway and wash it by hand? (you can see him on NHL.com)

The military is a big part of the Halifax area and he wanted to bring the Cup to them to show his appreciation for what they do for our country and can you think of a better way to cheer up a child who is in hospital that to get a visit from Crosby and the Cup?

He has given back so much to our community and it was great to see sooooo many people come out to show him we appreciate the way he represents Cole Harbour.

I'm really glad to see he is getting the respect he so greatly deserves.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm still a Habs fan!!!!

Yes, my family was at Cole Harbour Place for the entire day. We had to be there at 8:00AM anyway as my son was volunteering at Cam Russell's (former Chi. Blackhawk and current coach of the Mooseheads) hockey school, helping out with the Novice and Atom players. That ended at noon so we just stayed there for all the fun. My son took some great photos as the parade went richt in front of us. We actually were so close, they asked us to step back so the vehicles could get through.

I don't know how to post pictures on here otherwise I would love to share them with everyone.

And yes, Sam Roberts was great. I also saw him perform last year opening for the Eagles in Moncton.

Yes, my family was at Cole Harbour Place for the entire day. We had to be there at 8:00AM anyway as my son was volunteering at Cam Russell's (former Chi. Blackhawk and current coach of the Mooseheads) hockey school, helping out with the Novice and Atom players. That ended at noon so we just stayed there for all the fun. My son took some great photos as the parade went richt in front of us. We actually were so close, they asked us to step back so the vehicles could get through.

I don't know how to post pictures on here otherwise I would love to share them with everyone.

And yes, Sam Roberts was great. I also saw him perform last year opening for the Eagles in Moncton.

So cool,glad ya all had a great day. :P

Archived