The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

The Man Behind The Mask

Plante-Art

<b>Hello, everyone!</b></br></br>

My name is <b>Michael Dixon</b> and I am an illustrator. In 1997 I was hired by book publisher <b>McClelland & Stewart</b> in Toronto to illustrate a series of comics adapting four of the <b>Heritage Canada</b> minutes seen on TV. One of these four was the story of <b>Jacques Plante, Montreal Canadiens goaltender,</b> who was the first goalie to wear a mask [against the NY Rangers]. The comic, which I also wrote based on research, was available at <b>McDonald's</b> restaurants across Canada.

</br>

Now after almost ten years, I have decided to offer the <b>original art</b> of the comic book <b>FOR SALE</b>. The pages are <b>fully painted</b> using acrylic paint on sturdy art board. The page size is <b>11x17" and are suitable for framing</b>. These works of art are a unique item of sports memorabilia.

</br>

I can be contacted by interested persons at:</br></br>

<b>e_no2004@hotmail.com</b></br></br>

Serious inquiries only, please. Thank you. Here's a look at a few examples: The cover to <b>'THE MAN BEHIND THE MASK'</b> and it's published image:</br></br>

plante_cover.jpg</br></br>

plante_coverx.jpg</br></br>

plante_px.jpg</br></br>

plante_p.jpg</br></br>

plante_spread.jpg</br></br>

Thanks for taking a moment to listen and view the artwork. <b>Good luck, Habs!</b></br></br>

Sincerely,</br></br>

Michael Dixon</br></br>

-- sorry for the html mess --

Hello, everyone!

My name is Michael Dixon and I am an illustrator. In 1997 I was hired by book publisher McClelland & Stewart in Toronto to illustrate a series of comics adapting four of the Heritage Canada minutes seen on TV. One of these four was the story of Jacques Plante, Montreal Canadiens goaltender, who was the first goalie to wear a mask [against the NY Rangers]. The comic, which I also wrote based on research, was available at McDonald's restaurants across Canada.

Now after almost ten years, I have decided to offer the original art of the comic book FOR SALE. The pages are fully painted using acrylic paint on sturdy art board. The page size is 11x17" and are suitable for framing. These works of art are a unique item of sports memorabilia.

I can be contacted by interested persons at:

e_no2004@hotmail.com

Archived