The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Why Are You The Biggest Habs Fan?

OhCanadiens-com

Hello fans,

I wanted to know why you believe you are the biggest Habs fan?

Here is what I came up with for myself:

I have been following the Habs since early childhood. Growing up in Toronto has made it challenging to follow the Habs as allegiances sometimes lie for the local team. My generation of Habs fans easily remembers two Stanley Cup wins, 1986 and 1993.

Although I might've been too young to remember the 1986 cup win, the 1993 remains quite vivid in my mind. That Stanley Cup run made Patrick Roy a legend in hockey circles and allows him to be called one of the greatest goaltenders of all time. Recent seasons have had high expectations and disappointing outcomes, but the Habs continue to be one of my favourite teams.

In the end, my favourite Habs have been Patrick Roy and Claude Lemieux - and both have gone to illustrious NHL careers with other teams. With a deep history of 100 years to look back on, I am sure that there are other stories of more relevance or personal importance that others can think of.

Although I cannot claim that I am the biggest Habs fan out there - I am sure that there are others with better reasons! I'd like to read about them.

Thanks,

Eric

That's because I'm the biggest habs out there, :lol::D

GOHABSSSSS.

After seeing pictures of your Habs room I'd have to agree though I'm 2nd biggest :D In all seriousness I'm a big Habs fan but my brother is probably a bigger fan than I am. He has his 2 year old daughter already watching Habs games.

I may not be the biggest Habs fan, but I've been cheering for them since I learned to talk. I can remember trading a Phil Esposito hockey card for a Lafleur to my Bruins fan buddy when we were lads. I forget which playoff game it was between Habs and Bruins in the early 70's, but the Habs had fallen behind 2-0 and my little friend was rubbing it in, so we went out on the front steps to trade hockey cards. By the end of the card swapping, I remember my father telling us that the Habs had gone up 4-2 with minutes left in the game. I really wished I hadnt give up watching that game as a child, because my team went on to win the cup. And Ive watched every Habs game start to finish ever since when I do watch. I've been to a few games in Ottawa to see them, and even saw Guy on the video screen but couldnt get to him for an autograph. I have an Yvan Cournoyer autographed card sent to me from the Forum. And I cherish it to this day. In Sault Sainte Marie, Ontario, Habs are numero un!

Go Habs Go!

I havent been a habs fan for a long time, but i literally have been one my whole life, my very first shirt was a Montreal Canadiens t-shirt, and my mom and step-dad have raised me to live and breathe Bleu, Blanc et Rouge. In my house, we have a games room, entirely dedicated to the Montreal Canadiens. We have autographs from some of the greatest players in history (Maurice and Henri Richard, Doug Harvey, Guy Lafleur, Jean Beliveau, Lou Fontinato (not one of the greatest players, but i just had to add him in my list) and so many more) One day, i was bored and counted how many Habs logos we have in that room, the total count : 629 and counting. That's why i'm the biggest Habs fan.

I really don't think it matters that someone is the biggest Habs fan in the whole world - just that we are Habs fans and love our team!!! And each of us arrived at being Habs fans differently, but at least we arrived. So please let's continue to respect each other on this fine forum and stay united in our love for one of sports most storied franchises, no matter what level each fan is at.

i don't know if i'd be a bigger or better fan, but no one here really wants to eat my horse do they? i'm very attached to the "gentleman."

we don't have horse slaughter in the states anymore, but my vet and many people i know were involved dragging horses out of a trailer, being part of an inhumane shipment to canada, destined to be sent to europe or japan i guess.

i don't know if i'd be a bigger or better fan, but no one here really wants to eat my horse do they? i'm very attached to the "gentleman."

we don't have horse slaughter in the states anymore, but my vet and many people i know were involved dragging horses out of a trailer, being part of an inhumane shipment to canada, destined to be sent to europe or japan i guess.

:blink: ???

I fail to see your point... :lol:

:blink: ???

I fail to see your point... :lol:

well its obvious to me that i am otherwise the habs biggest fan, because i truely believe in everything the team does. i loan extraodinary care and fatherly love to everything the habs do, and i presume to everyone that i bow in awe to the greatness of the team's other fans.

i practice and engage in sympathy for otherwise all things cultural which aid and support my team, where no proviso exists to the opposite, and differentiate in mind and spirit towards all disputers.

i engage in otherwise spirited debate, and define work and energy as a team effort- the habs being my team.

otherwise that's not being the biggest fan what is? lloll

well its obvious to me that i am otherwise the habs biggest fan, because i truely believe in everything the team does. i loan extraodinary care and fatherly love to everything the habs do, and i presume to everyone that i bow in awe to the greatness of the team's other fans.

i practice and engage in sympathy for otherwise all things cultural which aid and support my team, where no proviso exists to the opposite, and differentiate in mind and spirit towards all disputers.

i engage in otherwise spirited debate, and define work and energy as a team effort- the habs being my team.

otherwise that's not being the biggest fan what is? lloll

Sir, you are a true poet... :rolleyes:

GO HABS GO!!!

I really don't think it matters that someone is the biggest Habs fan in the whole world - just that we are Habs fans and love our team!!! And each of us arrived at being Habs fans differently, but at least we arrived. So please let's continue to respect each other on this fine forum and stay united in our love for one of sports most storied franchises, no matter what level each fan is at.

Amen :)

I usually have to warn people when they watch a Habs game with me. I'm very passionate about it. If they lose, I'm going crazy around the house, when they win, I'm still going crazy, but in a good way. If the ref makes a bad call, I scream at my television, if the Canadiens are on the PP, I'm standing up and refuse to sit until they score.

Plain and simple, I'm just very passionate about the Habs. I bleed rouge, bleu et blanc.

• 7 months later...

I'm not the biggest, but a good one, that's for sure :)

Besides being born and raised in Portugal, where Ice Hockey isn't a tradition at all, i stay countless nights in front of my cable tv or internet

watching live transmissions from HABS games and often fly from Portugal to Canada and US of A to attend live games.

I've become a HABS fan in 1991, during my first visit to Canada as a tourist, ever since I've discarded football (soccer) as my favourite sport.

P.S.: a few months ago I've made my personal oath to the MONTREAL CANADIENS:

Solemnly, freely, and without mental reservation,

I hereby renounce under oath all allegiance to any other teams.

My fidelity and allegiance from this day forward is to the MONTREAL CANADIENS.

I pledge to support, honor, and be loyal to the MONTREAL CANADIENS, its History, and its Future.

Where and if required, I further commit myself to defend the MONTREAL CANADIENS against all adversaries, foreign and domestic.

This I do solemnly swear, so help me God

--------------------------------------------------------

Jose Morgado - Tomar, Portugal

- proud fan since 1991

Guest habs1952
Because in the expression 'it aint over until the fat lady sings' they are referring to me :lol:

So that's why I never see anybody else in your row when your at a game. :lol: :lol: :lol: I'll apologize for that right now...sorry! :D

Admittedly I'm not the the biggest fan but when it comes to seniority at least I'm closer to the top than the bottom of the list.

So that's why I never see anybody else in your row when your at a game. :lol: :lol: :lol: I'll apologize for that right now...sorry! :D

Admittedly I'm not the the biggest fan but when it comes to seniority at least I'm closer to the top than the bottom of the list.

No apology necessary, it's not your fault, I'll chalk it up to having a senior moment :lol:

Archived