The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Canucks And Habs Talking Trade

gracie12

First off, I put absolutely NO value in this link, I just thought it was too funny not to share.

Canucks And Habs Talking Trade

I am not hearing any specifics yet, but from my calls around here are some names that the other side is rumored to be interested in. Again, I am not saying that this is the trade. Obviously not. Only that these are names that I am hearing are coveted by the other side.

Huh? :mellow::blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :mellow:

I guess its remotely better than last years:

Big Deal Imminent (E4)

There's a rumor - a big rumor - that a team from the western conference is seriously looking at an offer with at least one team from the east. I cant reveal any names right now, but its a big one. Most likely the deal will happen within the week, but it could take a month or even after the summer. Again, I dont know if its likely or not but I do know it will be big.

First off, I put absolutely NO value in this link, I just thought it was too funny not to share.

If I had a new copy of the Webster's Dictionary,I fully expect that upon looking up the definition of ridiculous one would surely find eklund as the first entry! :P

You know what's most amazing?The realization that he must know how everyone knows he's a fool,yet it doesn't slow him down at all!! :blink: If I thought so many people were laughing at me I'd want to hide and never come out! ;)

Ah Eklund...Always good for a chuckle...Here Eklund, allow me to give you tomorrows BIG NEWS:

Sources tell me that Georges Laraque is heading back to Pheonix for Ed Jovanovski...Also hearing Habs and Rangers hook up again to land Drury! ;):P

Vancouver Interested in Andrei Markov

Um...........I somewhat pointed this out in another thread (If I Were GM, I think) only in the theory of who wouldn't be? As I pointed out in another thread I see Markov definitely being more "marketable" than Hamrlik but I don't see a package attractive enough from the Vancouver Canucks unless it's Luongo, the Sedin twins and Bieksa.

Um...........I somewhat pointed this out in another thread (If I Were GM, I think) only in the theory of who wouldn't be? As I pointed out in another thread I see Markov definitely being more "marketable" than Hamrlik but I don't see a package attractive enough from the Vancouver Canucks unless it's Luongo, the Sedin twins and Bieksa.

there is no way bob is stupid enough to trade markov unless its for an elite elite player (ovechkin :D)

Markov is worth half the Canucks roster and all of there ice girls. If they even have ice girls. Markov... not a chance!

At what point do we stop listening to this Eklund guy, i dont even know who he is or what he is all about but atleast I realize his sources/predictions are crap.

I think he is just some habs fan that dreams these things up and puts them out there, but really, what do the canucks have that they are gonna give up and that we want that bad, sedins and kessler are the only thing I can think of, Luongo aint goin no where

Last year's Hab D combined for approximately 171 points. For the sake of just analyzing the rumor, let's say part of the trade would be Markov for Bieksa. In Markov we lost a big part of the D. Projected points for this D without Markov based on what they scored last year would be approximately 180.

For those who claim Markov is untouchable, why do you claim this? Just askin'.

markov is one of the best defenceman in the league he can play great defensivly and great offensivly his point totals equal a top 6 foreword and not to mention our record last year without him was 0-8 he is a key part of our d and this is why he is untouchable

markov is one of the best defenceman in the league he can play great defensivly and great offensivly his point totals equal a top 6 foreword and not to mention our record last year without him was 0-8 he is a key part of our d and this is why he is untouchable

I can't argue the record but there were more pieces missing than just Markov. And if Markov is so great defensively why wasn't he saddled with the likes of Brisebois and O'Byrne? Again, just askin' - questions in my own mind. That's all.

If I had a new copy of the Webster's Dictionary,I fully expect that upon looking up the definition of ridiculous one would surely find eklund as the first entry! :P

You know what's most amazing?The realization that he must know how everyone knows he's a fool,yet it doesn't slow him down at all!! :blink: If I thought so many people were laughing at me I'd want to hide and never come out! ;)

I wouldnt call him a fool. He's raking in the bucks ( i'm guessing) with that site of his. He's probably the one who's doing the laughing. :lol:

I can't argue the record but there were more pieces missing than just Markov. And if Markov is so great defensively why wasn't he saddled with the likes of Brisebois and O'Byrne? Again, just askin' - questions in my own mind. That's all.

agree last year nothing was working right

ok he might not be the greatest defensivly but he is out best imo

agree last year nothing was working right

ok he might not be the greatest defensivly but he is out best imo

Fair enough. I'd be very content if the season started tomorrow and we could see where the cards fall. If trades need to be made then so be it. I kinda like the team as is given all of the changes.

Archived