The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

What's Your Favourite Habs Memory After 1993?

bell75

My favourite was the comeback game against the New York Rangers on February 19, 2008 at Montreal's Bell Centre. The Canadiens came from a 5 goal deficit and beat the New York Rangers in a shoot out by the score of 6-5. According to the sports reports I read, this was the biggest comeback in Montreal Canadiens' storied history.

Michael Ryder got the comeback started with two goals.

The momentum was unbelievable, you could feel that they wanted to do something great that night.

Then Kovalev scored.

Then Ryder completed his hat trick.

Then Kovalev scored again to send the game to overtime!

Then Captain Koivu wins it in the shootout!

What's your favourite Habs memory since the last Cup win?

The entire 07/08 season.

The best team we've had since then.

It was just an awesome year all together.

Some specifics would be Anytime we beat the leafs, going 8-0 against the bruins, and of course the big comeback against NYR. There was also a game against Philly in which price stood on his head for the win. I think it was 1-0.

March,11/96..... Montreal Canadiens play their last game at the old Forum,vs Dallas Stars.

As watching my habs win 4-1 that night ,GOHABSGO.....The highlight of the evening followed the game.

The closing of the forum ceremony was & still is for me the most special event held my the habs.

Hosted by Dick Irvin Jr.,presenting many of yesterday's hab greatest legends coming out onto the ice...the likes of "Rocket" Richard,his brother Henri,Lafleur,Beliveau,Robinson,Shutt,Cournoyer,Dryden,Savard,& many more legends.

Coming out to pass the torch to today's present habs stars,was a very nice indeed,awesome.

The standing ovations for all was great,the the fans sure out done themselves when it came to the ROCKET....speechless,though so classy this event was....never will forget watching this extraordinary emotional evening.

The memories will last a life time for me. :D

GO HABS GO.

Watching the 1st ever N.H.L. outdoor Heritage Classic....Habs vs Oilers on Nov.22/03.

That was fun too watch.

Cool how they first had former habs legends playing against the Oilers alumni

Then followed the game Montreal Canadiens vs Edmonton Oilers....this outdoor game has started a trend in the league....and I for one look forward now to each one that occurs.

I'm going to go with the love that Rocket Richard received with the big funeral in the Bell Center. I would have loved to be a fly on the wall at that one, to say goodbye to my lifelong hero and the man who gave me the two biggest days of my life.

Thank you Rocket.

His funeral was the first ever state funeral given to a non-political figure.

My favourite was the comeback game against the New York Rangers on February 19, 2008 at Montreal's Bell Centre. The Canadiens came from a 5 goal deficit and beat the New York Rangers in a shoot out by the score of 6-5. According to the sports reports I read, this was the biggest comeback in Montreal Canadiens' storied history.

Michael Ryder got the comeback started with two goals.

The momentum was unbelievable, you could feel that they wanted to do something great that night.

Then Kovalev scored.

Then Ryder completed his hat trick.

Then Kovalev scored again to send the game to overtime!

Then Captain Koivu wins it in the shootout!

What's your favourite Habs memory since the last Cup win?

I would have to say this is my favourite moment as well. I remember I was watching the game with my girl and when the Rangers scored the 5th goal she fell asleep and I remember me telling her don't sleep they will comeback. For every goal the Habs scored I made sure not to celebrate to loud to wake her, but I ended up waking her up for the shootout and she went nuts.

I was going to say the great comeback, but I remember a game I liked even better was the first game of the Philly series in 07-08. I was there, and it was my second habs game. The first one I went to was a game where we lost 2-0 to the Penguins, and the 2nd goal was an empty netter. This game was looking the same, as we were down 2-0, and are team was going thrrough rough times. Then we made it 3-3, which included a goal that was reviewed as Kovalev tapped in one that was horizontal with the crossbar. Things were looking good, and I was excited about my first ever playoff overtime. It didn't take long for TK to tap in a goal that will stay with me for some time...

With my Dad sitting next to me, this game is my favorite Habs memory ever, easily.

I was going to say the great comeback, but I remember a game I liked even better was the first game of the Philly series in 07-08. I was there, and it was my second habs game. The first one I went to was a game where we lost 2-0 to the Penguins, and the 2nd goal was an empty netter. This game was looking the same, as we were down 2-0, and are team was going thrrough rough times. Then we made it 3-3, which included a goal that was reviewed as Kovalev tapped in one that was horizontal with the crossbar. Things were looking good, and I was excited about my first ever playoff overtime. It didn't take long for TK to tap in a goal that will stay with me for some time...

With my Dad sitting next to me, this game is my favorite Habs memory ever, easily.

oh yeah definately lost my voice at the end of that game haha

sidenote question/side track: what ever happen to smolinski did any team pick him up? did he go khl? or did he retire??

I would have to say the return of Saku and the retirement of Boom Booms jersey. Both of these events were fit to make a movie out of. Boom Booms retirement was by far the most emotional I think we will ever see in Montreal with him passing on earlier that day and his wife and kids representing him at the ceramony. The fact that he told his wife when they were dating that his number would one day be retired beside her fathers made it even more significant. He fullfilled his promise on the day he died, I mean how crazy is that.

oh yeah definately lost my voice at the end of that game haha

sidenote question/side track: what ever happen to smolinski did any team pick him up? did he go khl? or did he retire??

You know, I watched the video you posted and I had totally forgot about the last minute faceoff where the Philly center (Carter?) broke his stick and Koivu got the puck to Kovalev to score that goal. I was sitting in the white section I think, but even from all the way up there it was amazing to see. Great game, and I totally understand the whole losing your voice thing.

Also about Smolinski: "On April 30, 2009, Smolinski signed a deal with the Milwaukee Admirals of the AHL."

Archived