The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

[report] Mathieu Schneider Jumps Ship To Canucks

jofu

Which D is better?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Mathieu Schneider or Mattias Ohlund?

• Mattias Ohlund
    • Mathieu Schneider

According to multiple sources including Rogers Sportsnet's Dan Murphy, the Canucks are signing Mathieu Schneider to a 1-year deal worth much less than his previous 5.75mil signed with the Ducks.

If Canucks do get this done, it marks the first defenseman to play for the team that could efficiently transition the puck from the defensive blueline to the neutral zone into the offensive zone on offense. The defense last year had Ohlund, Salo, Mitchell, Bieksa, Edler and O'Brien. None of these are "puck-moving defenseman" so is this a good addition to the Canucks powerplay and overall?

As well, just wondering, would you rather have Ohlund or Schneider on the Canadiens?

Update: Roberto Luongo spoke out today <link removed>

Thanks for contributing.

I don't know that we can call it "jumping ship" when we didn't offer him a contract. The man has a family to feed! B)

in essence he was a man without a ship :o ... haha ... yeah i agree we cant call it jumping ship he wasn't signed here any more he cant just float around in that free agency pool forever he's got 1 maybe 2 seasons left in him i'd say ...

If Canucks do get this done, it marks the first defenseman to play for the team that could efficiently transition the puck from the defensive blueline to the neutral zone into the offensive zone on offense. The defense last year had Ohlund, Salo, Mitchell, Bieksa, Edler and O'Brien. None of these are "puck-moving defenseman" so is this a good addition to the Canucks powerplay and overall?

He's 40 yrs old

Not as effective as he once was

Archived