The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

The Best Player In The League

ashikhabib

Malkin doesn't stand out from the rest of the superstars at all to me. I mean he's definitely at the top of the league but I have a hard time calling him the best. Ovechkin IMO is overrated. He scores a whopping ten goals more than Jeff Carter, at the cost of leading the league in both giveaways and missed shots. Besides that, he jumps when he hits which pisses me off. It's dirty. He was a joke defensively in the playoffs. He must have caused at least three of the goals scored against his team directly in that final game against the Penguins, when he should have been at his best. Give me Crosby anyday.

I think Kovalchuk would be an even greater player if he had a linemate like Crosby or Malkin and Ovenchkin or Semin playing with him. I think he'd be a candidate for being the best player. Imagine if he was paired with Gomez, Gionta, or Cammalleri? He'll be a ufa next summer, Gainey should sell his soul to try every opportunity to acquire him.

I think Kovalchuk would be an even greater player if he had a linemate like Crosby or Malkin and Ovenchkin or Semin playing with him. I think he'd be a candidate for being the best player. Imagine if he was paired with Gomez, Gionta, or Cammalleri? He'll be a ufa next summer, Gainey should sell his soul to try every opportunity to acquire him.

I hope Gainey tries to sign Kovalchuk next season. I don't think that Kovalchuk will want to play in Atlanta anymore because ATLANTA SUCKS!!

The best 5 players in the league in no perticular order (my opinion):

1. Alexander Ovechkin - Washington Capitals

2. Evgeni Malkin - Pittsburgh Penguins

3. Pavel Datsyuk - Detroit Red Wings

4. Ilya Kovalchuk - Atlanta Thrashers

5. Sidney Crosby - Pittsburgh Penguins

Other possible canidates for the top 5 list are: Jeff Carter - Philadelphia Flyers, Rick Nash - Columbus Blue Jackets, Zdeno Chara - Boston Bruins, Andrei Markov - Montreal Canadiens :D , Eric Staal - Carolina Hurricanes, Jonathan Toews - Chicago Blackhawks, Zach Parise - New Jersey Devils, Martin Brodeur - New Jersey Devils, Martin St. Louis - Tampa Bay Lightning and Vincent Lecavalier - Tampa Bay Lightning.

Archived