The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Who's On First?

Is it just me or does our team have a problem getting any quality players to stick around? There was a time when it was an honour to play for Les Habitant, now it seems like its just a gig. Is the shine wearing off because of the lack of cup wins?

It's all about money these days, that's all...not like years past, when players played for the love of the game. It's a shame.

I think there should be some sort of home team cap discount to encourage more players from an actual province/state, to play in the province/state.

It seems like the TORONTO Maple Leafs should have more players from Ontario, the VANCOUVER Canucks should have more players from BC, etc.

Maybe a homer player's cap is only 75% of his cap.

I know that doesn't bode well for teams like Tampa Bay and Florida...but still, there should be more pride in playing for YOUR city/province/state.

Otherwise its just a mad scramble every year and is basically more or less random. But maybe that's what the NHL wants. I dunno.

I think there should be some sort of home team cap discount to encourage more players from an actual province/state, to play in the province/state.

It seems like the TORONTO Maple Leafs should have more players from Ontario, the VANCOUVER Canucks should have more players from BC, etc.

Maybe a homer player's cap is only 75% of his cap.

I know that doesn't bode well for teams like Tampa Bay and Florida...but still, there should be more pride in playing for YOUR city/province/state.

Otherwise its just a mad scramble every year and is basically more or less random. But maybe that's what the NHL wants. I dunno.

Of course thats what they want. They have been dropping the word parity since Bettman stepped in. I personally think it is ridiculous, because how can you say you have a great league without having any demonstrably great teams.

Archived