The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

College Football

DA_Champion

I live in Columbus Ohio, home of the buckeyes.

I was in the area but no I watched it on TV.

The game was a disgrace. We lost 18-15, but if not for the missed field goal and giveaway safety we would have lost 21-13 which I think is more representative.

When there were 3 minutes left, the buckeyes were at 4th down and 40 yards from the touchdown, the coach had them kick the ball to have USC start at 20, rather than go for it and risk USC starting at 40. I knew right then the game was lost. I admit I'm not a football expert but I think the coach is too conservative.

I can't judge the game very well being a n00b.

- I thought our defense played badly just from watching, but we did limit USC to 18 points whereas they usually get 40-50, which means there's a lot I didn't understand, and they probably did in fact do well.

- I also think Terrel Pryor's skill is disproportionate to the rest of the offense, he's simply a much better player, and I interpreted a lot of what he did as him being tired of incompetence and trying to do everything himself.

- It seems the USC team was just bigger and stronger. Whenever they;re having that thing at the line of scrimmage where they just push against each other for a yard or two, it seems like they won every time.

I don't think OSU is a championship team right now. I guess they have a good defense, and I think their QB is elite. If they can develop or recruit a good running back or wide receiver they might be able to compete next year. Last year they lost all their best players except Pryor to the NFL draft, which means this is a young team. He does need to develop his thinking. It seems he passes it to rushers, and he rushes it himself. I don't see him throw long passes. Maybe it's him, maybe it's the wide receives. Either way you need a few long passes a game or you'll rarely beat a good team.

On the bright side, that was the first time I ever saw a safety in a game, so now I know for sure they really do exist :-)

Let's see how large we can have this thread be by January.

OSU had some chances early on to jump on a true freshman but they didn't capitalize and because the BCS is the biggest joke in sports, that likely cost them their season.

Can you elaborate?

And how is BCS a joke? It seems to me they're limited by a fundamental constraint, you can't play more than a game a week or you might physically destroy the players.

It is the ratings they use, and unfortunately, it means you either have to undefeated, lose only one game and pray, and in all cases run up the score on as many people as you can. It stinks, and this should be resolved on the field, like all the lower levels of college football do. If ever there was a time for a playoff, this is it.

That being said -

Hail to the victors valiant

Hail to the conquering heroes

Hail, hail, to Michigan

The leaders and best

Hail, hail, to Michigan

The champions of the west

Watch out Buckeyes - Rich Rodriguez has the Wolverines headed in the right direction, and already is a force to be reckoned with. And thy will be taking you on at Michigan Stadium at the end of the season. That was a huge victory against Notre Dame!!!

Can you elaborate?

And how is BCS a joke? It seems to me they're limited by a fundamental constraint, you can't play more than a game a week or you might physically destroy the players.

He's probably referring to the system they use to choose the Bowl games, which is sometimes seen as pretty arbitrary since they use a lot of polling of different boards as well as computer ranking.

It is the ratings they use, and unfortunately, it means you either have to undefeated, lose only one game and pray, and in all cases run up the score on as many people as you can. It stinks, and this should be resolved on the field, like all the lower levels of college football do. If ever there was a time for a playoff, this is it.

That being said -

Hail, hail, to Michigan

The leaders and best

Hail, hail, to Michigan

Watch out Buckeyes - Rich Rodriguez has the Wolverines headed in the right direction, and already is a force to be reckoned with. And thy will be taking you on at Michigan Stadium at the end of the season. That was a huge victory against Notre Dame!!!

Dream on !

That being said -

Hail, hail, to Michigan

The leaders and best

Hail, hail, to Michigan

Amen brother....GO BLUE!!!!! Sure glad they have Forcier and not Pryor!!!

Question.....How do you get an Ohio State graduate off of your porch??

Answer.....Pay him for the Pizza!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

• 1 month later...

Archived