The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Carbo To Join Hockey Night In Canada

WesternWill

I can hear it now:

"This team has been in a slump. Perhaps a day away from the rink and some bowling would help."

"They need to work harder."

"Mixing up the lines after every shift should help."

"It's important to give your 3rd and 4th lines a lot of ice time."

"<insert name> cost them the game."

I can hear it now:

"This team has been in a slump. Perhaps a day away from the rink and some bowling would help."

:lol: :lol:

I wonder if CBC can get any more biased...oh wait why not hire an ex-Habs player/coach and see if he bashes them some more. :rolleyes:

I can hear it now:

I actually liked the bowling idea at the time :P

Oh, and you forgot one: "These guys definitely need to work harder"

I can hear it now:

:lol: Now, now, he'll be a refreshing welcome from the Usual Habs-haters like Don Cherry, Mike Milbury, and sometimes PJ Stock.

I can hear it now:

You forgot "if only they tried something radical, like playing their #5 defensive defensman up front with their top centre, they might pull out of this slump" lol.

You forgot "if only they tried something radical, like playing their #5 defensive defensman up front with their top centre, they might pull out of this slump" lol.

True.......I did forget and that one is a classic. In all due respect to myself there are too many to remember. :lol:

Let's look on the bright side. With Carbo sharing his expert analysis we can only hope that some coaches and GM's try some of his off the wall ideas, especially his version of the trap. The trap where everyone retreats. :lol:

I think he'll be great as an analyst. I don't think anyone liked him as a coach, but personally I like him as a person and respect him as a former player.

I don't know if he'll make a great analyst but I do agree with the rest of your statement. I'll always regard Carbo as a true Montreal Canadien that truly cares for the city of Montreal.

I think he'll be great as an analyst. I don't think anyone liked him as a coach, but personally I like him as a person and respect him as a former player.

Getting serious for a second, I do agree completely. I think he's a natural for TV - he's got charisma & the camera likes him. I also totally respect him as a person and he will always hold a special place in my heart as a player. I still remember the year lemieux got 199 points. He led the league in GWG with 11...guess who was second with 10? Carbo. He only had like 20 goals that year, but you can see just how valuable most of them were.

Archived