The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Mikael Johansson

Mauro-Biello

So does he go to Hamilton or back to Europe at the end of training camp?

Might be a good center however at this second it appears that Montreal has 5 centers that should make the roster. Though I guess if Mikael impresses BG a trade could be made to clear a roster spot. However if he agrees to play in Hamilton it is only a short trip to Montreal by plane to show he can play in the NHL if we get an injuries or BG trades someone.

Well, I think he signed a two-way deal, so that would mean he would go to Hamilton if he didn't make the team. My guess is that's what will happen. I'm interested to see him play though. I hope he plays in one of the televised games. For anyone who has seen him play, what does he look like out there. Any players you would compare him too?

Well, I think he signed a two-way deal, so that would mean he would go to Hamilton if he didn't make the team. My guess is that's what will happen. I'm interested to see him play though. I hope he plays in one of the televised games. For anyone who has seen him play, what does he look like out there. Any players you would compare him too?

Mikael is a playmaker and center at first (have been used on both wings in the past too so..) wich brings speed, playmaking skills and flair as his best assets. He can be a joy to watch out there when his game is on, have some good memories from him in SEL the last 3 years. If I should compare him to anybody on todays Habs I say Sergei K have similar tools/skills/speed and playstyle. Not really a big fan of comparing but hopefully you understand what I mean. Micke is an offensive player not to defensive in his game (not to shaby on that either, but his streangth is offensive with flair).

I wish him the very best of luck in trying to crack the line up, its been a while since I had a fellow Swede to watch out for in Canadiens.

Lycka till Micke, ta för dig nu och var inte blyg! ;)

Btw if someone saw him play yeterday (the FLA game) it would be nice to hear if he was shy or did he take a chance to show something about who he is and are about ?

Wow Forsberg really? Is he sorta physical?

It would be nice if he was at least 2 inches taller.

Nope Mikael isnt as physical as Forsberg, but he can be feisty at times. His game isnt built on the physical part like that, what I think Bobineau is aiming at is that Micke have great vision (often a step ahead in reading the game) and his passing is reminding of Forsbergs game in that regard. He is a clever player that make things happen out there and with the speed and finesse/flair the plays can be a real joy to watch and get you excited.

I've never seen him on small rinks but from what I know of his style and skills it should suit him quite nicely (very good on small areas), the question I have is if he can handle the physical punishment (Not a big concern from me but one I would like to see to be sure on if he can make it to NHL or not, other then that he can that I am sure of already)

To Bobinuea:

Yes it would be very interesting to see if Martin gives Mikael a chance with some good wingers for a change to see the real potential he has, I am with you on that one. Put him in a more offensive position and not only some 4th line grind duty wich he isnt at all imo. Sure you can use him like that but to make the most of his skills at least give him an opportunity on a 3rd line with 2 way dutys (on 1 or two of the pre season games to see what happens).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

From the Hamilton Bulldogs website.......

MONTREAL, QC - Montreal Canadiens General Manager Bob Gainey announced today that forward Mikael Johansson has been reassigned from the Hamilton Bulldogs to Farjestads BK of the Swedish Elite League.

Johansson, 24, had played in 20 games with the Bulldogs this season earning six points (three goals, three assists) and two penalty minutes. The native of Arvika, Sweden spent the previous four seasons with Farjestads BK recording 34 points (six goals, 28 assists) and 20 penalty minutes in 2009-2009 with the club.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived