The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Hannan To Canadiens??(e3)

jHABSxie12

It's eklund, and he's had canadiens rumours all summer, and what do we need scott hannan for?

markov spacek hamrlik mara gill gorges ... that's 6 dmen

o'byrne, weber, subban... those are backups.

Hannan has a cap hit of ~4.5 million, we have under 3 million in space.

We love to make fun about EK. However he is sometimes right. EK keep beating the drum that Heatley was going to the Sharks. Well it happened. The Heatley trade is one of the biggest trades in a long time considering the cap hit and point production from Heatley.

So let's play the EK rumour mill.

Trade proposal

Send Hammer ($5.5 cap hit) and Dags to the AVS. Get Hannan ($4.5 cap hit) back in return. Both defencemen can log top minutes and they both bring experience to the table. Montreal would save $1 million per season. Both players have 2 years remaining under contract. Hammer has better offensive skills based on the past few seasons stats.

Patches or another rookie takes full advantage of the Dags trade. Montreal can now use the $1 million to go after another player at the trade deadline.

Come on guys... :rolleyes: It's obviously going to be a three-way deal... Eklund's just holding out on the goods right now. Hannan comes to Montreal, Hamrlik goes to the Predators, Shea Weber comes back to Montreal, and Colorado gets Yannick Weber and a 2nd round draft choice. Duh! :lol:

Are you EK? It is all so obvious to me know :lol:

We love to make fun about EK. However he is sometimes right. EK keep beating the drum that Heatley was going to the Sharks. Well it happened. The Heatley trade is one of the biggest trades in a long time considering the cap hit and point production from Heatley.

Trade proposal

Send Hammer ($5.5 cap hit) and Dags to the AVS. Get Hannan ($4.5 cap hit) back in return. Both defencemen can log top minutes and they both bring experience to the table. Montreal would save $1 million per season. Both players have 2 years remaining under contract. Hammer has better offensive skills based on the past few seasons stats.

Patches or another rookie takes full advantage of the Dags trade. Montreal can now use the $1 million to go after another player at the trade deadline.

It wasn't a secret that the Sharks were in for Heatley, and it's not like EK was the first one to break it when it happened. Ek is ridiculous.

Trade proposal

You're right. He was the only source I found about Lang being option B to Sundin, and it happened. But if we posted every Habs rumor from Ek on this site, then we'd all go crazy. People should wait to find two sources(or at least one credible source), and analyze it to make sure it makes sense before posting it.

Trade proposal

While I dont believe the rumor for one minute, if this was indeed the offer, Id do it in a heartbeat. Hannan & Hamrlik are both under contract for 2 more years with the former's cap hit being a bit more reasonable. While I like Hammer, I believe that Hannan would be an upgrade alongside Markov.

Again, I dont see it happening, but I certainly wouldnt be adverse to doing it. This is probably the ONLY trade rumor, real or not, involving hamrlik that has made any sense. Moving him for a forward would be ludicrous - moving him for an arguably better defensive defensman would make some sense.

It wasn't a secret that the Sharks were in for Heatley, and it's not like EK was the first one to break it when it happened. Ek is ridiculous.

I like to ready EK. I find his stuff to be amusing. If you don't take him seriously I don't see why people get all in a huff and a puff because of the silly stuff he writes. Ek is like ready a cartoon in the newspaper, you read it, laugh and move on to the next page.

While I dont believe the rumor for one minute, if this was indeed the offer, Id do it in a heartbeat. Hannan & Hamrlik are both under contract for 2 more years with the former's cap hit being a bit more reasonable. While I like Hammer, I believe that Hannan would be an upgrade alongside Markov.

Again, I dont see it happening, but I certainly wouldnt be adverse to doing it. This is probably the ONLY trade rumor, real or not, involving hamrlik that has made any sense. Moving him for a forward would be ludicrous - moving him for an arguably better defensive defensman would make some sense.

You make sense... I agree :)

Why would a team give us a better dman for hamerlik, it makes no sense we would have to sweeten the pot and add someone else, because last year he was brutal i thought especially in the playoffs

The proposal was Hamrlik & Dagostini for Hannan. Dags may very well be appealing for the avs who are in the middle of a retool & lacking some depth at wing overall.

Again, I dont see it happening, but it does make a certain amount of sense for both teams.

Ps, I disagree about Hamrlik in the playoffs - i thought he was arguably our best defensman - which, admittedly, doesn't say much.

• 1 month later...
The proposal was Hamrlik & Dagostini for Hannan. Dags may very well be appealing for the avs who are in the middle of a retool & lacking some depth at wing overall.

Again, I dont see it happening, but it does make a certain amount of sense for both teams.

Ps, I disagree about Hamrlik in the playoffs - i thought he was arguably our best defensman - which, admittedly, doesn't say much.

i just about puked in my mouth when i saw this

Trade proposal

I agree Eklund is sometimes right. However if you make 47000 trade rumours a year you're bound to be right once or twice. ESPN's Pierre Lebrun and Spector seem to be the most legitimate in my opinion. I think Eklund is just like the rest of us, a guy who loves hockey. Unfortunately he pushes his fantasy of being on the "inside" a little too much. Does anybody actually even know who Eklund is? The guy claims to talk to GMs personally about trades they are thinking about. Why would they do that? He's just a guy who makes up stuff after watching TSN, throws some drama into it (change drama to whatever derogatory term you wish) and we all hit his website so he can make some coin lying. Hey, wait a second - Eklund's brilliant! I want that gig! I'll call it ormondhabfan.com - here's my opening trade rumour:

Vinny Lecavalier's aunt was in my cousin's salon today, she stated Vinny will come to Montreal if they stop wearing the barber shop jerseys. Upon talking to Tampa's GM while we were playing FIFA 10 on the Wii at his house he secretly told me that he has a great fear of the barber shop jersey! He further stated that he'd pay half of Vinny's contract, send St. Louis and 6 bushels of oranges to Montreal if they agreed to stop wearing the barber shop jerseys. (E4) or should i say (o4)?!

Archived