The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Preseason Game #5 - Pittsburgh Penguins @ Montreal Canadiens

pitbull12

Not going to make a fancy game thread, saving it for the regular season ;)

ROSTERS

Pittsburgh Penguins

Goal: Fleury, Curry

Defence: Engelland, Lovejoy, Orpik, Gonchar, Letang, Despres

Forwards: Dupuis, Guerin, Kunitz, Jeffrey, Wallace, Adams, Godard, Bayda, Caputi, Tangradi, Malkin, Crosby

Montreal Canadiens

Goal: Price, Sanford

Defence: Spacek, Gorges, Belle, Weber, Carle, Markov

Forwards: Cammalleri, Gionta, D'Agostini, Lapierre, A. Kostitsyn, Maxwell, Pacioretty, Stewart, Neilson, Latendresse, Gomez, Pyatt

LINES

Gomez-Gionta-Pacioretty

Maxwell-Cammalleri-A. Kostitsyn

Lapierre-Latendresse-D'Agostini

Pyatt-Neilson-Stewart

Pittsburgh Penguins

Caputi - Crosby - Guérin

Kunitz - Malkin - Tangradi

Dupuis - Adams - Wallace

Bayda - Jeffrey - Godard

Orpik - Gonchar

Després - Letang

Lovejoy - Bortuzzo

Fleury

Curry

Montreal Canadiens

Pacioretty - Gomez - Gionta

A.Kostitsyn - Maxwell - Cammalleri

Latendresse - Lapierre- D'Agostini

Stewart - Pyatt - Neilson

Markov - Weber

Spacek - Belle

Gorges - Carle

Price

Sanford

thanks! i've been waiting for this game.

are those the actual or projected lines? seems a bit odd if martin is trying to build chemistry.

it's still experiments time for tonight as the massive cuts will be tomorrow

-----

now where's mara? has he joined hammer in the bermuda triangle??

Edit: can a mod fix the thread title, it's game #5 not #4, thank you :)

Montreal Canadiens

Pacioretty - Gomez - Gionta

A.Kostitsyn - Maxwell - Cammalleri

Latendresse - Lapierre- D'Agostini

Stewart - Pyatt - Neilson

Markov - Weber

Spacek - Belle

Gorges - Carle

Price

Sanford

I like those lines. Should give us an interesting look at what some of our guys can do! Gomez and Gionta back together. Pacioretty with an opportunity to forecheck for them! Ben Maxwell getting a shot between, arguably, our two best goal-scorers. Could be a dress rehearsal for the regular season should someone get hurt! Latendresse, Lapierre, and D'Agostini could be a good energy, youth line, with some added scoring touch. :D

it's still experiments time for tonight as the massive cuts will be tomorrow

argh. we have a new enough team that i'm not loving the extended experiments. i understand why the roster's still so big but i don't get why martin is trying gomez on the wing and cammalleri at center.

at least neilson is in the lineup tonight and markov of course. ;)

nice line up tonight should be an interesting game. im excited to finally see gomez and gionta working side by side. wouldve liked to see subban play also. and neilson has been a nice surprise i hope he plays a couple games this year and plays the way hes been playing.

Its my first post by the way :)

nice line up tonight should be an interesting game. im excited to finally see gomez and gionta working side by side. wouldve liked to see subban play also. and neilson has been a nice surprise i hope he plays a couple games this year and plays the way hes been playing.

Its my first post by the way :)

Welcome to the zoo

It is strange that he has only played one game. Is he nursing an injury??

Maybe they just really wanna see what the young guys can do. I see that the line-ups have one young guy paired with a veteran on D, maybe they just figured they didn't need to play him. But it does seem kind of odd that Gorges is playing two nights in a row.

gorges needs the practice, imho.

I agree and so do a lot of players, but if you're talking about the giveaway goal last night, that was not entirely his fault. He recieved a pass from Carle right in his skates which made him trip up a bit and then he lost the handle. I think that Gorges is underrated and can be quite an offensive as well as defensive force this year.

I agree and so do a lot of players, but if you're talking about the giveaway goal last night, that was not entirely his fault. He recieved a pass from Carle right in his skates which made him trip up a bit and then he lost the handle. I think that Gorges is underrated and can be quite an offensive as well as defensive force this year.

i'll give you that there have been times when i've thought gorges was underrated. last night wasn't one of them. he played sloppy d most of the night, imho.

Archived