The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Eric Engels 10 Questions Part 2

kfourni

This was a fun topic last time, so here again is Eric Engel's 10 questions from www.hockeybuzz.com

Ten questions:

1. Presuming Max Pacioretty is healthy to start the season, has he locked down a position in the top-6?

2. Has Matt D’Agostini impressed you so far?

3. Are you disappointed with P.K. Subban, or with the Canadiens for cutting P.K. Subban this early?

4. O’Byrne or Weber?

5. Can recently cut Eric Neilson fill in for Georges Laraque? Should he play over Gregory Stewart?

6. What do you expect from Andrei Kostitsyn, this season?

7. Should Cammalleri, Gomez, and Gionta play on the same line?

8. Will the Canadiens make a trade between now and October 1st?

9. How do you like Jaroslav Spacek so far?

10. Pick a captain from the following names, Gionta, Gomez, Cammalleri, and Markov.

My Answers:

1. no

2. somewhat, he definately can snipe the puck

3. Neither, I think he's at the level he is supposed to be for his age

4. O'Byrne

5. He doesn't have the reputation of BGL or the title, but I'm sure he could fill in, but I definately like Stewart better

6. BIG things....over 30 goals over 25 assists

7. At certain points of the game yes, but not for the whole game

8. No

9. A good compliment for Markov on the pp and he can quarterback the play

10. Gomez

:D love filling out these surveys while I work/eat lunch.

Ten questions:

1. Presuming Max Pacioretty is healthy to start the season, has he locked down a position in the top-6?

locked himself into the top 6?

no, but he can do it. Max Pac's place is in Montreal regardless.

Not really/not bad either. nice moves, but overall, I prefer Max Pac

3. Are you disappointed with P.K. Subban, or with the Canadiens for cutting P.K. Subban this early?

No. His time will come.

4. O’Byrne or Weber?

I prefer Weber, but O'By has been playing better IMO

5. Can recently cut Eric Neilson fill in for Georges Laraque? Should he play over Gregory Stewart?

Anyone can fill in for Laraque (always injured..waste of space) and yes Neilson over Stewart. Stewart is an AHLer to me (prove me wrong Stewie) LMAO

a GOOD season!! Maybe a good start (not a slow one like we are used to) and maybe he can crack a smile and learn a few English words (would be the cherry on the sundae) :P

sure, but I can understand if and when J Martin splits them up.

Nope

He does his job!

10. Pick a captain from the following names, Gionta, Gomez, Cammalleri, and Markov.

Cammy just because he is my favorite, but I would be happy to see Gionta wear the "C".

He hasn't locked it but came darn close. A year in the AHL playing on the first line with Maxwell will set him up for next year.

He showed me he wasn't just a flash in the pan last year.

I didn't expect Subban to make the team this year. He's too young and needs to play in Hamilton to refine certain parts of his game.

4. O’Byrne or Weber? Right now, O'Byrne

Laraque is the best fighter in the league and can play hockey, so no. I would put him over Stewart.

6. What do you expect from Andrei Kostitsyn, this season? Tough to say.. he's arguably our most skillful player and therefore he should score at least 30 goals and 30 assists.

On the power play yes, not 5 on 5

No, that would be ridiculous

He moves the puck well, reminds me of Markov.

Cammalleri

No.

No. But... I haven't really watched many games.

No. He's not NHL ready. A year in Hamilton will do him good.

4. O’Byrne or Weber?

O'Byrne. Spacek fills the void that Weber would have potentially filled.

No.

35 goals, 30 assists.

Sure! We can change lines throughout the season if it's not working.

No.

Haven't watched enough to comment.

Gomez.

Here goes...

No.

He was great when he came up from Hamilton last year, but pretty mediocre ever since. He needs more time.

Not at all. Some time in the AHL will do him a world of good.

4. O’Byrne or Weber?

Tough choice, but I'll say O'Byrne. We have enough guns on the PP with Spacek and Markov.

No, let's wait until Laraque injures his groin again.

If he plays well, I'd say around 70 points.

Depends on the opponent. If you're playing a bunch of brutes (Leafs, Flyers, among others), then maybe some size on the first line is needed. Otherwise, go nuts.

No.

Definately better than Komisarek.

Gomez.

Yes

Yes he has show improvement defensivly but is he ready imo No

imo a year in hamilton will do him good.

4. O’Byrne or Weber?

O'Byrne

No.

35 goals

Yep

Probably not

good all around d-man

Gomez.

My Answers:

1. No

2. I haven't seen any games but he didn't do anything special last year

3. No

4. O'Byrne

5. No idea , haven't seen him play besides GL is the Champ

6. Consistency

7. Yes, sometimes

8. No

9. No idea ; it's only pre season which means nada

10. none of ther above are worthy

Ten questions:

Yes, he has shown more then Latendresse, Sergei, and D'Ags...

Oher than the one game against Pittsburgh, no.

What can you do, injuries are apart of the game. He'll be back that is for sure.

4. O’Byrne or Weber?

Suprising even myself with this, O'Byrne. Has really shown why the Habs are high on him, using his body so far.

Not sure why Neilson was cut before Stewart, he sure showed us fans more than Stewart has

Anything less than 25 goals would be disappointed. I am hoping for a 30 goal year :)

Only if the offence is going dry and maybe on the PP. Can't put all the eggs in one basket.

Not likely...

Upgrade for sure. Will be a great addition to the PP.

None of them. These guys are going to have enough pressure and media riding them. Give it to someone like Lapierre or Gorges.

Ten questions:

1. Presuming Max Pacioretty is healthy to start the season, has he locked down a position in the top-6? locked down no but i think he should have a few shots at the position

2. Has Matt D’Agostini impressed you so far? no

3. Are you disappointed with P.K. Subban, no, he'll be a star on day, he's very young or with the Canadiens for cutting P.K. Subban this early? no

4. O’Byrne or Weber? to start the season OB, weber will be recalled if there are injuries

5. Can recently cut Eric Neilson fill in for Georges Laraque? why not, he plays, that's already one step above laraque Should he play over Gregory Stewart? if stewart doesn't realize soon that summer is over, yes

6. What do you expect from Andrei Kostitsyn, this season? nothing, so i wont be disappointed. i think andrei will be a bear as usual: hibernating half the time but very dangerous when awake

7. Should Cammalleri, Gomez, and Gionta play on the same line? not on a regular basis, i would like to see that line on the PP and when the team really needs a goal in the 3rd and nothing else works. my preference would be cammalleri with gomez and gionta with pleki

8. Will the Canadiens make a trade between now and October 1st? no, enough already, lets play hockey!

9. How do you like Jaroslav Spacek so far? I have not seen enough of him as a hab but i'm sure i will like him

10. Pick a captain from the following names, Gionta, Gomez, Cammalleri, and Markov. Gionta, with Markov and Gomez with the A

Ten questions:

1. Presuming Max Pacioretty is healthy to start the season, has he locked down a position in the top-6? He hasn't locked it down but he deserves to start the season there and see where it goes from there IMO.

2. Has Matt D'Agostini impressed you so far? Nope

3. Are you disappointed with P.K. Subban, or with the Canadiens for cutting P.K. Subban this early? No and No, he's young, the best place for him this year is developing in Hamilton

4. O'Byrne or Weber? Depends on what's needed, 2 completely different Dmen. Neither will start with in the top 6, if an offensive DMan goes down we may see Weber come up, if it's a defensive guy we'll likely see OB.

5. Can recently cut Eric Neilson fill in for Georges Laraque? Should he play over Gregory Stewart? I haven't seen enough of him, but he was alright in the little that I did see.

6. What do you expect from Andrei Kostitsyn, this season? I expect him to get a chance on the 1st line and have a 30+ goal season.

7. Should Cammalleri, Gomez, and Gionta play on the same line? Nope. I really like the way Pleks and Gionta played together and it spreads out the scoring a bit more. Also gives AK46 a much needed chance to be a top line player

8. Will the Canadiens make a trade between now and October 1st? Nope.

9. How do you like Jaroslav Spacek so far? Well I haven't seen enough of him as a Hab but I've really liked what I've seen of him on other teams and I'm sure he'll be very good.

10. Pick a captain from the following names, Gionta, Gomez, Cammalleri, and Markov. Gionta.

Ten questions:

No.

Decently.

No and no.

4. O’Byrne or Weber?

O'Byrne

No and no.

Strong play and to do good things on the PP. 30-33-63

Not regularly.

Doubt it.

As I expected I would. Though the length of the contract may be something to bite the team in the coming years.

Vacant.

Engels... Ten questions:

No... but he tried hard at least

No... I expected more

Yes and no... he impressed me enough to consider him as an early call-up (more than Weber or Carle)

4. O’Byrne or Weber?

Definitely O'Byrne... we need his size and he had a better camp IMO.

No and no... he may like to fight but he isn't particularly good at it... not what the Habs need in any case IMO.

Not much really... he could easily dissapoint or produce.

Definitely... give the young players the chance to prove themselves on their own as a second line. Were Shutt-Lemaire-Lafleur as a top line spread out to try to create more offense?

Possibly... I still think more can be and has to be done.

Decent... but will he be the first d-man to get seriously injured?

Gionta

Ten questions:

Not yet

Not yet

No and No

4. O’Byrne or Weber?

OB brings more of what we need at this point.

NO and NO

25+ goals. Anything less would be a let down.

Not exclusively but often.

Unlikely

Adequate

Would like to see a 20 game run before choosing.

Ten questions:

No. I think its Lats' position to lose.

He's been ok in the bits and pieces of preseason Ive seen....but even then - its preseason - you really cant judge much from it other than who is in shape & who isnt.

Not at all. He's 20 years old. Frankly, he was heavily hyped & so far is developing in line with that hype. If anything Im pleasantly surprised.

4. O’Byrne or Weber?

Dumb question. What's my hole? If im replacing Spacek due to injuries - weber. If im replacing Gorges or someone: Obyrne. Overall, OB has looked better this preseason. Im also glad to hear the truth behind the purse thing & the fact that he did it to protect a friend.

No. Frankly, with the addition of guys like Moen, Mara, Gill and the development of guys like Stewart, Im not sure we need Laracque any more - although to his credit he was darned good in the 4 games against boston in the playoffs. If Martin can give him simple, clear assigments, I think BGL will be ok. Otherwise, move him.

35+ goals. I know he has it in him - I think he can do it this year.

I personally would start them separately - play gomez with whomever is on the hotter streak - but if necessary, reunite them later in games. Id definitely consider using them as my #1 PP unit.

No. I think they WILL make a big one before the deadline. Either acquiring a high profile rental (if we're doing well, like I think we will) or dumping some players for prospects/picks, if for some reason the season falls apart.

So far so good. I liked the pickup & I think he should do just fine filling in where Streit, Souray and Schneider did before. In some ways he's better than all 3 - he plays a sound defensive game also. I like the fact that he and Hammer are countrymen & supposed to be good friends off the ice. Perhaps it will help with a bounce back season from #44.

10. Pick a captain from the following names, Gionta, Gomez, Cammalleri, and Markov

I still would go with the 3 alternates plan, but If i had to pick, I think Gionta. Gomez & Cammy would be fine, but Gionta seems to have a passion & work ethic that is infectious.

This was a fun topic last time, so here again is Eric Engel's 10 questions from www.hockeybuzz.com

Ten questions:

4. O’Byrne or Weber?

1) No but he has made the eam

2) no really has good nights but lacks consistency

3) Subban is young just out of junior he needs to mature

4) OB stepped up his physical game

5) No not quite in the same league as BGL. Give Stewie a chance he has a little more offensive upside.

6) He will outpace last year

7) no spread the goal scoring

8) no

9) Spacek has been pretty solid. Good addition to the PP

10) Markov if he wants it

Archived