The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Pour Toujours... Les Canadiens The Movie

SteenIsThaFuture

I'm sure this may have been posted before, but I didn't see a thread on the first few pages:

Here is the trailer, provided by nhl.com, the movie is set to be released on the Habs official 100th anniversary, December 4th 2009.

http://canadiens.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?c...39&id=47060

The basic plot is around a high school kid in Quebec, who is a star player for his team but lacks spirit and heart, all the while his father is making a documentary for the 100th anniversary of the Habs and spends no time with him. The movie is centered around the Centennial.

People starring in the film inclused Beliveau, Muller, Carbonneau, Jarvis, Koivu and many more familiar faces.

Does anyone know if this is going to be one of those limited release movies, or will it be shown across the country?

There are a lot of Habs fans here in Nova Scotia, but I didn't get to see The Rocket in theatres as it didn't play anywhere East of NB (despite the fact that we've even got a decent size francophone population)

• 3 weeks later...
Does anyone know if this is going to be one of those limited release movies, or will it be shown across the country?

There are a lot of Habs fans here in Nova Scotia, but I didn't get to see The Rocket in theatres as it didn't play anywhere East of NB (despite the fact that we've even got a decent size francophone population)

I'm wondering this too...

I don't see any mention of it on the Empire Theatres website, although the theatre in Dieppe often shows French movies (I don't remember about The Rocket, but I didn't see it in the theatre either way)

Am I the only who's absolutely not hyped about the movie? I mean, it's probably gonna be your regular B-movie right?

Same here. I'll probably end up watching it on DVD at some point but I'm really not pumped about the movie in general.

B movie? All I can imagine now is a Montreal Canadiens slasher flick with aliens on skates and Rocket Richard as a robot. That would be a B movie - and I would totally go see it.

Now that would be a movie. TBH I don't think it'll be anything amazing, but if nothing else I'll go just to see Captain K back in the bleu, blanc, rouge.

• 3 weeks later...

It definitely is not Saku Koivu's fault. Since when is this a one man sport? I almost cried seeing Koivu on that screen, he meant alot not just to the organization, but to the city of Montreal! He may never have won a Stanley Cup with them as captain, but I believe he should have his jersey retired for what he has done for this organization.

I saw it last night and,

This movie proved that it is not all about winning 24 Stanley Cups, the Habs are about passion, and love for the game as well as the love of the fans and the city, and no one did that better than Koivu! He even spoke french in the movie! What a guy.. Kovalev would never have done that!

It was the best movie I have ever seen. It really showed what the Habs history is all about. Not just 24 Stanley Cups, but the passion of being a hockey fan lives with the Canadiens!

That is what I want to hear... try to explain to someone about "the following" of the our team or our passion. They just dont get it.. funny enough I was on facebook the other night playing a game against someone from Indiana, they asked me about my pics and Canadiens stuff in general.. I told him it's like trying to fit all the fans that go to a Nore Dame (80,000??) football game into the Bell Ctr (21,000) and then crank it up! all he said was... holy...

Its soo true too haha

However, I think some fans don't realise our history and the players that have come and gone, and the hard work they went through for those Stanley Cups.

Now that we have 32 teams and a salary cap, chances of winning are slim, and chances of even making the playoffs every year are not very high.

I think Bob Gainey's approach is the best I've seen, he is going with a Ken Holland approach. He has 5 years with these guys, and a young core of players...

I say the Bell Center and the fans have some exciting hockey ahead of them.. and that place will be rocking in June one of these years :)

Its soo true too haha

However, I think some fans don't realise our history and the players that have come and gone, and the hard work they went through for those Stanley Cups.

Now that we have 32 teams and a salary cap, chances of winning are slim, and chances of even making the playoffs every year are not very high.

I think Bob Gainey's approach is the best I've seen, he is going with a Ken Holland approach. He has 5 years with these guys, and a young core of players...

I say the Bell Center and the fans have some exciting hockey ahead of them.. and that place will be rocking in June one of these years :)

im starting to believe that habs fans arent as smart as i once thought

like really, common... there are 30 NHL teams! get informed or stop posting nonsense

• 2 weeks later...

Archived