The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

East Game Predictions 09/10

Thanks for the congrats... Can't call myself an engineer until a few more years pass, just got my master of engineering.

And a pic of my cake that the gf made for me.

http://yfrog.com/85c6xj

I'll have a prediction later on.

Great cake!

Hawks sweep. Not the same in our little competition. However, those who predicted 11 games now have the upper hand if it comes down to tie-breakers, obviously.

Points were scored yesterday by HTL and Mr MEng resulting in the following:

hatethoseleafs (12) 3 vs. GreekHockeyCoach (11) 1

chocolate (12) 2 vs. uncivilengineer (11) 3

:D

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:(

Well done to the Flyers. Sadly, they wanted it more and, from their play, deserved it.

Anyway, we keep this thing going to the finals. Sad to see 2 more players fall by the wayside (including last year's champion, chocolate). But that's the game.

Our two finalists are:

hatethoseleafs and uncivilengineer

Results May 24th

PostSeasonPredictionsSF.jpg

SFPercentages.jpg

;)

I was worred that I'd have to root against the habs for a few moments if they managed to tie it....

Unforunately they didn't tie, and unfortunately they couldn't extend to have a game on my birthday on Wednesday.....

Good show chocolate.

Now onto business, you're going down HTL and that trophy will be mine! mwaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA.... uh..

Ok... So, game 1, Hawks.... the series will go to 5 games.

Congats HTL, it was a pleasure battling it out with you brother. Best of luck against that engineer guy that I don't like very much :lol:

My retort.... :blink:

I was worred that I'd have to root against the habs for a few moments if they managed to tie it....

Unforunately they didn't tie, and unfortunately they couldn't extend to have a game on my birthday on Wednesday.....

Good show chocolate.

Now onto business, you're going down HTL and that trophy will be mine! mwaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA.... uh..

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good show chocolate.

Congratulations Master Engineer. Well played and with a lot of class. Deserved in every bit. Good luck to both of you uncivilengineer and hatethoseleafs!

Its sad that i'm still playing and my beloved Habs are done. :(

Kind of takes some of the fun out of moving on.

Well Coach,,,,i think i'm gonna need a pep talk to get my spirits back up to face that sneaky engineer guy who just took out the defending Stonely Champ.

All of my oponents have been a tough go so far,, and i expect the finals in here to be just as difficult.

Was a pleasure ( and a hoot at times) to have faced you in the semi finals coach.

Psssst,,,,Can i borrow that ban button for a couple weeks. :P

Its sad that i'm still playing and my beloved Habs are done. :(

Kind of takes some of the fun out of moving on.

Well Coach,,,,i think i'm gonna need a pep talk to get my spirits back up to face that sneaky engineer guy who just took out the defending Stonely Champ.

All of my oponents have been a tough go so far,, and i expect the finals in here to be just as difficult.

Was a pleasure ( and a hoot at times) to have faced you in the semi finals coach.

Psssst,,,,Can i borrow that ban button for a couple weeks. :P

I hear you HTL, my heart is heavy as well right now but I haven't felt this good about Habs hockey in a long time.

As for the ban button, tell me who you want gone and it's a done deal ;) we'll just say that engineer fellow's thumb got stuck in his keyboard and he couldn't post anymore when people start inquiring about his whereabouts :lol:

I hear you HTL, my heart is heavy as well right now but I haven't felt this good about Habs hockey in a long time.

As for the ban button, tell me who you want gone and it's a done deal ;) we'll just say that engineer fellow's thumb got stuck in his keyboard and he couldn't post anymore when people start inquiring about his whereabouts :lol:

Ahhh,,,,a win by default. LOVE IT. :P:lol:

I'm here to save the day...wait I don't have a ban button...mine says "idiot"

"runs & hides"

Way to take my complete prediction from the last page. I see how your game is working. :lol:

OK,,,,i didnt see your prediction on the last page. I thought i was doing you a favour by posting mine first :P

You realize i have home ice advantage ,,,right?? :lol:

Anyways i'll give you a break by changing my # to 6.

But i'm still pulling rank by going with the Hawks to win. ;)

P.S. Looks like great minds do think alike ( and i'm no engineer) :wacko::P

P.S.S. I like trash talkers. Bring it on. :lol:

OK,,,,i didnt see your prediction on the last page. I thought i was doing you a favour by posting mine first :P

You realize i have home ice advantage ,,,right?? :lol:

Anyways i'll give you a break by changing my # to 6.

But i'm still pulling rank by going with the Hawks to win. ;)

P.S. Looks like great minds do think alike ( and i'm no engineer) :wacko::P

P.S.S. I like trash talkers. Bring it on. :lol:

No offense HTL, but I've got to pull for Uncivil this time. That way I can at least say that I lost out to the eventual Stonely Cup Champion :P

Hmmmm.... although.... I'm breaking with that tradition this year and hoping for the Hawks. Bah, on second thought, good luck to both of you.

No offense HTL, but I've got to pull for Uncivil this time. That way I can at least say that I lost out to the eventual Stonely Cup Champion :P

Hmmmm.... although.... I'm breaking with that tradition this year and hoping for the Hawks. Bah, on second thought, good luck to both of you.

Thx,,,i think. :blink::lol:

I'm pulling for the Hawks too. My motivation is seeing them win the Cup and officially make the Leafs the longest playing team without Stanley. :D

That's why the series will pretty much go.

Hawks

Hawks

Flyers

Hawks

Hawks

But those predictions aren't official yet.

Hard to judge how the Flyers will hold up against the Hawks. Also depends on how much the Flyers are able to get away with in the dirty play. I'm gonna wait and see how game 1 pans out before going any further too. This round between us might come down to the tie breaker number,, as i'm thinking of pretty much the same scenerio as you,,, with one extra Flyer win squeezed in there.

Archived