The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Calgary Flames 2009-2010

GreekHockeyCoach

• 1 month later...

ok so they jumped the lines and got their h1n1 shots...my question here is, if they are allowed to get those shots why dont they get their yearly flu shots?? wouldnt that eliminate the chances of players being out with "flu" like symptoms...unless these guys are getting little colds and acting like babies...i dont get it...really...i dont

ok so they jumped the lines and got their h1n1 shots...my question here is, if they are allowed to get those shots why dont they get their yearly flu shots?? wouldnt that eliminate the chances of players being out with "flu" like symptoms...unless these guys are getting little colds and acting like babies...i dont get it...really...i dont

Yes they did jump the line, and then had the nerve to say they thought it wasn't a problem.

The newspapers here for 2 days before talked of nothing more than a shortage of shots to go around.I guess none of them are smart enough to read here lol.

Nice to see the refs still love them though, check the winning goal in Dallas for proof of that. Was only the second time of the night Dallas got the gait because the ref needed to call something on them.

Too many men on the ice, yeah ok 7 flames and 6 stars, Flames got the puck penallty Dallas.

At least when there was only one ref on the ice, there was only half as many bullcrap calls.

Hockey just gets tougher and tougher to watch with every passing year.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Calgary Flames have signed left winger Rene Bourque to a six-year contract, with an average salary of $3.3-million.

The 6-foot-2, 207-pound winger has established a career high with 41 points (18 goals and 23 assists) in 53 games played this season.

He has recorded 156 points in 280 career NHL games and was set to become an unrestricted free agent on July 1.

Bourque, 28, was originally signed as a free agent by Chicago in 2004 following a four year career with the University of Wisconsin and was traded to Calgary on July 1, 2008.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=312012

Forward Matt Stajan has agreed to terms with Calgary Flames on four-year contract extension worth about $3.5 million per year.

He was scheduled to be unrestricted free agent on July 1.

Stajan was acquired by the Flames in a blockbuster trade for Dion Phaneuf in January.

In seven games with the Flames since the trade, the 26-year old has two goals and two assists. Combined this season, he's recorded 18 goals and 27 assists in 62 games.

In his six-year career, Stajan has scored 89 goals and 138 assists in 452 games played.

• 4 weeks later...

Flames just burned themselves this season taking on Kotalik and Staios's contract, thatll mean 5.7 million in cap space taken up next year and they will likely have to let all their free agents walk for nothing unless they pull off a big trade.

Probably another year or two of mediocrity after this one, I would actually seriously consider trading Iginla if you could get multiple prospects and picks as well as a roster player back.

• 2 weeks later...
The Flames just proved that for the last 5 years that there fluke run to the finals of 04 was just that, a FLUKE.

They suck and will continue to suck for years to come.

So what does that make Montreal?

Guess you would agree that Montreal has been worse than Calgary in the past five years since basically they had one good fluke year finishing #1 but only made it to the 2nd round and had numerous episodes of losing in the first round/not making the playoffs. :rolleyes:

So what does that make Montreal?

Guess you would agree that Montreal has been worse than Calgary in the past five years since basically they had one good fluke year finishing #1 but only made it to the 2nd round and had numerous episodes of losing in the first round/not making the playoffs. :rolleyes:

If I wanted to talk about the Habs I'd be over there in that forum. This one is about the Flames and how much they suck.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I know this is a old quote but after today this is just funny. Seriously Tanguay, Jokinen, Ivanis and jackman :blink: If I was a flames fan I would burn my jersey. LOL

Flames attempted to acquire Savard's services (Boston)...but after a no go...settled for Ollie. :blink: again.

Archived