The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens

I Have A Koivu Jersey...what To Do Now

Blaine_mtl

Hey all....Last Christmas I was given a white authentic Koivu jersey with all the patches etc.......being that it had cost allot of money I don't want to leave it sit in the closet....can I wear it or if its possible should I try to get the name and number removed .....made me very angry when he was traded to the quackers

Of course you can wear it. In fact, you should wear it whenever you can - especially if you're going to a Habs game! It would send a message (albeit one that would likely fall on deaf ears) to management that just because they were willing to toss aside one of the greatest captains in team history, the rest of us don't forget so quickly.

Of course you can wear it....Saku was a great player for us and left on good terms...(it wasn't his idea to leave and he didn't bad mouth the team after he left) It's all good and would be a great way to honor his service to the team...wear it with pride!!

Yes, Saku is awesome.

On the other hand, if you had Komisarek.... [...] ... I'd rather not go there.

You know I don't know about that...that Leafs game....Komisarek was one of our best players :lol:

Hey all....Last Christmas I was given a white authentic Koivu jersey with all the patches etc.......being that it had cost allot of money I don't want to leave it sit in the closet....can I wear it or if its possible should I try to get the name and number removed .....made me very angry when he was traded to the quackers

I think yes. You shouldn't be embarrassed to wear a Koivu Jersey. :)

Archived