The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Regular Season Game #4 - Montreal @ Vancouver

ZetPaul

MAMA, MAMA, I'M COMING HOME!

Vancouver, BC, home of our star goalie.
Carey hasn't yet had a chance to start against the Canucks,
the team he grew up watching... (Vancouver Sun article)

Ironically, Roberto Luongo grew up rooting for the Habs... (Another Vancouver Sun article)

We're 2-1-0 so far in the season, the Canucks are 0-3-0.
Luongo is having such a hard time lately, having let in a dozen goals in 3 games,
we might even see Raycroft in the crease tonight...

As for us, well... Carey's up! :D

gamethreadoct7careypics.jpg

Canucks Practice Lines:

Forwards:
D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Burrows
Raymond - Kesler - Samuelsson
Glass - Wellwood - Bernier
Hordichuk - Johnson - Rypien

Defencemen:
Mitchell - Salo
Erhoff - Edler
O'Brien - Bieksa
Potential Scratches: Rome, Shirokov

Goaltenders:
Luongo
Raycroft

Injured: Demitra, Schneider, Hansen

Can't find Habs lines yet, we'll see about that later...

GO HABS GO!!!

I think the habs will bounce back in a big way tonight there some mistakes last night by lots of guys Stewart made one that cost a goal chipper and BGL did not have there men on one and the d gave it away on one. Stewie and Chipper are young and made a mistake it happens we don't need to start wanting to ship them out, every player has a bad game now and then even the best players in history have it happen give them a chance to redeem themselves. Lets not start turning on players like last year that is just embarrassing

taking a loss to a team that had just tuned up with a victory against one of their arch rivals isn't so bad, and i assume that price coming back into net will give us a boost- the question is how tired is the team, and will we just get experienced or come out with a win?

who is our captain? or is that considered complaining in the jm system?

I'm officially worried about the road trip. A loss tonight (Vancouver is going to be hungry) and we are, like usual, a .500 team. It would mean so much to head back to the Bell with a 3-2 or 4-1 record. Any win we can manage now, with Markov out, is extremely important.

:blink:

Theres 78 games after that :lol: I think you're overestimating the importance of the game jen.

Yup lots of time left in the season. We haven't even played a game at the bell yet. No worries. I think we stand a better chance against edmonton for a win but I have no problem spanking a team like the nuks when they are down. Lets keep them there boys. Big win tonite. I would love to see the same intensity out of our first line tonite. Pleks playing great and andre coming around. Wish they had another sniper on that wing ala Kovalev.

I guess my expectations are so low due to 10+ years of mediocrity. I'm desperate to win every night expecting a full-on collapse by Christmas. :lol:

:lol::lol:

I have a feeling Carey will give it his all tonight. In such a way that, even IF the rest of the team didn't show up, he'd want to win big time in front of all his family, friends, etc. Plus the fact that he can finally show all those nay-sayers how much he does deserve his #1 spot... ;)

I'm pretty sure it'll be another exciting game to watch.

If they play like they did last night (RDS said they played their best game so far, I didn't see it though) and Price is solid they should be fine, not that I'm saying Halak was necessarily to blame for last night.

I think they played the best 1st and 3rd period they have all year but I also think the 2nd was the worst I have seen them play this year. I think Cammi is due a goal he and Gionta are all over the place. Just need to put the rubber in the net. I don't know if Luongo will get the call I kind of hope not because we all know what French Canadian goalies tend to do to our team. <_<:angry:

I think they played the best 1st and 3rd period they have all year but I also think the 2nd was the worst I have seen them play this year. I think Cammi is due a goal he and Gionta are all over the place. Just need to put the rubber in the net. I don't know if Luongo will get the call I kind of hope not because we all know what French Canadian goalies tend to do to our team. <_<:angry:

Well when you say that Cammalleri is due for a goal I also think that they're due to finally beat Vancouver and have a solid game against a French Canadian goalie. Who's to say Price can't do the same trick being a goalie from BC, maybe(hopefully) the tables will be turned tonight???

I think the habs will bounce back in a big way tonight there some mistakes last night by lots of guys Stewart made one that cost a goal chipper and BGL did not have there men on one and the d gave it away on one. Stewie and Chipper are young and made a mistake it happens we don't need to start wanting to ship them out, every player has a bad game now and then even the best players in history have it happen give them a chance to redeem themselves. Lets not start turning on players like last year that is just embarrassing

Yeah I'm not too concerned about some mistakes, Chipchura won his fight, though Stew lost. No. 74 belong on the team though, and he's mad already!

Yeah I'm not too concerned about some mistakes, Chipchura won his fight, though Stew lost. No. 74 belong on the team though, and he's mad already!

How do you know that 74 is mad already, where's the article?

I want the habs to win tonight, but it will be a tough game, because the Cunucks are going to want to come back from losing three in a row, and they'll want to do it in their building. I forsee Price having another solid game, but they really need to work on getting the puck out of the zone.

taking a loss to a team that had just tuned up with a victory against one of their arch rivals isn't so bad, and i assume that price coming back into net will give us a boost- the question is how tired is the team, and will we just get experienced or come out with a win?

who is our captain? or is that considered complaining in the jm system?

Didn't see the C on anybody last night. Calgary wasn't called for one penalty that wasn't offsetting, suspicious?

Yup lots of time left in the season. We haven't even played a game at the bell yet. No worries. I think we stand a better chance against edmonton for a win but I have no problem spanking a team like the nuks when they are down. Lets keep them there boys. Big win tonite. I would love to see the same intensity out of our first line tonite. Pleks playing great and andre coming around. Wish they had another sniper on that wing ala Kovalev.

Hit them hard and Van. will fall apart, lots of shots Roberto is shaky.

I guess my expectations are so low due to 10+ years of mediocrity. I'm desperate to win every night expecting a full-on collapse by Christmas. :lol:

Mediocrity is the Leafs.

If they play like they did last night (RDS said they played their best game so far, I didn't see it though) and Price is solid they should be fine, not that I'm saying Halak was necessarily to blame for last night.

They didn't get one powerplay. Cal. is not that clean never. Halak played well, deflections were the trouble.

There are no IFs, BUTs and MAYBEs! We will kick bottoms, it's in my crystal ball.

I'm thinking about that "S" word no one is allowed to mutter... :lol:

Your threads are always great, and this one is no exception. You can go directly to my heart hitting me with Ozzy like that.

OK, I was at the game last night and need to say a couple quick things.

1) We played really well. It was an exciting game to watch and well-worth the two-hour drive to get there. The second line actually made the trip too, which was nice. AK46 made a zillion mistakes that were blatantly obvious to the live viewer, however we kept commenting on how you have to try somewhat in order to screw up so maybe he's coming around. Halak was OK but I'm tired of not seeing Price when I go to the Calgary game so I am officially choked to have not seen Carey last night. :angry:

That shot from Gomer was beyond sick!! I bet I wasn't the only one who didn't know he had that in his repertoire. I think it's safe to say the Gomez and Gionta of 05/06 have shown up this year. I smell 75+ points a piece.

2) Calgary fans are racist. I have to traveled fairly extensively in my life in order to watch the Habs play. When you grow up in Saskatchewan and then live in southern Alberta, you have to improvise a lot to see the Habs. But for this I'll talk of two cities. First, Edmonton. These fans are gracious and extremely knowledgeable. They even offer congratulations when the Habs score, and they never fail to buy us beer. And at $7.50 a beer, me likes that idea.

Then there is Calgary. When I lived there, they sucked and no one cared or attended but now they act like they are the greatest fans on earth. They are not smart fans, only biased idiots like Leaves followers. A guy seriously told me Conroy was an elite NHL centreman last night... Anyhoo, I don't care 'bout idiots as long as they stick to hockey but Calgary goes well beyond that.

Every year, we are treated like absolute dog crap and they will say and do anything to an away fan, especially a Habs fan. I am personally not French Canadian but sometimes wish I was so I could follow Piere and Benoit better :lol: but I've been out east a couple of times, really enjoy the culture and can speak enough to communicate one-on-one. Let's just say that doesn't fly in southern Alberta very often. My friend and I were singing O Canada in French last night, as we always do and for the entire song, these guys behind us were calling us the most derogatory things, all of which had to do with being French and a certain sexual preference. Then it just continued throughout the game. I hope Montrealers don't act this way to opposing fans because it's just ignorant. Had my tickets not been free through a guy who works for the Flames, I'd have BGLed the guy right there.

The actions of redneck, ignorant people are just part of living here but it SUCKS. So here's to everyone not assuming I'm a redneck arsebag just because I live where I live. Vive la Quebec and Vive la Canadiens!!!!

Signed Hates Living in Southern Alberta, aka shmitzy_11

They didn't get one powerplay. Cal. is not that clean never. Halak played well, deflections were the trouble.

I knew we were in for a long night with the zebras when there was no call on the crosscheck to Gomez' face at the end of the 1st period. I wish there were more repercussions to the refs by the league.

Your threads are always great, and this one is no exception. You can go directly to my heart hitting me with Ozzy like that.

OK, I was at the game last night and need to say a couple quick things.

1) We played really well. It was an exciting game to watch and well-worth the two-hour drive to get there. The second line actually made the trip too, which was nice. AK46 made a zillion mistakes that were blatantly obvious to the live viewer, however we kept commenting on how you have to try somewhat in order to screw up so maybe he's coming around. Halak was OK but I'm tired of not seeing Price when I go to the Calgary game so I am officially choked to have not seen Carey last night. :angry:

That shot from Gomer was beyond sick!! I bet I wasn't the only one who didn't know he had that in his repertoire. I think it's safe to say the Gomez and Gionta of 05/06 have shown up this year. I smell 75+ points a piece.

2) Calgary fans are racist. I have to traveled fairly extensively in my life in order to watch the Habs play. When you grow up in Saskatchewan and then live in southern Alberta, you have to improvise a lot to see the Habs. But for this I'll talk of two cities. First, Edmonton. These fans are gracious and extremely knowledgeable. They even offer congratulations when the Habs score, and they never fail to buy us beer. And at $7.50 a beer, me likes that idea.

Then there is Calgary. When I lived there, they sucked and no one cared or attended but now they act like they are the greatest fans on earth. They are not smart fans, only biased idiots like Leaves followers. A guy seriously told me Conroy was an elite NHL centreman last night... Anyhoo, I don't care 'bout idiots as long as they stick to hockey but Calgary goes well beyond that.

Every year, we are treated like absolute dog crap and they will say and do anything to an away fan, especially a Habs fan. I am personally not French Canadian but sometimes wish I was so I could follow Piere and Benoit better :lol: but I've been out east a couple of times, really enjoy the culture and can speak enough to communicate one-on-one. Let's just say that doesn't fly in southern Alberta very often. My friend and I were singing O Canada in French last night, as we always do and for the entire song, these guys behind us were calling us the most derogatory things, all of which had to do with being French and a certain sexual preference. Then it just continued throughout the game. I hope Montrealers don't act this way to opposing fans because it's just ignorant. Had my tickets not been free through a guy who works for the Flames, I'd have BGLed the guy right there.

The actions of redneck, ignorant people are just part of living here but it SUCKS. So here's to everyone not assuming I'm a redneck arsebag just because I live where I live. Vive la Quebec and Vive la Canadiens!!!!

Signed Hates Living in Southern Alberta, aka shmitzy_11

When you say you would have BGLed the guy right there do you mean you would have asked him out for coffee and donuts after the game. BGL is the worst enforcer in the league. Go Stewy!!!

When you say you would have BGLed the guy right there do you mean you would have asked him out for coffee and donuts after the game. BGL is the worst enforcer in the league. Go Stewy!!!

By the way I grew up in S. Alberta. (lethbridge) not that bad of a place for a couple of months of the year !!!

Archived