What Kind Of Pet Do You Have?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. no

• Dog
    • Cat
    • Fish
    • Other (Plese Specify)
    • None

As a very good friend of mine says,,,,,,I "hawk it" at night. Hey,,,,I'm an adult,,,I can do what I want,,,,,,,,,,,,so there :P .

I guess being a hall of famer deserves some slack. You play solitare on the computer? I stick to hearts. :) :)

It is a great decision. Nice looking pooch!

Kudos to you EHIW, for taking in a rescue dog. Back in the day,,my wife and I were the rescue people for Boxers. About 15 of them came and went thru our house ( we never had a kennel), We also had Boxers of our own, who we bred, showed, and loved. The rescue people need our thanks, for taking in the dogs of all breeds, and getting them the help they need. :). There are breed specific rescues, and all breed rescues. If your looking for a dog (or cat), please consider the rescue groups.

Kudos to you EHIW, for taking in a rescue dog. Back in the day,,my wife and I were the rescue people for Boxers. About 15 of them came and went thru our house ( we never had a kennel), We also had Boxers of our own, who we bred, showed, and loved. The rescue people need our thanks, for taking in the dogs of all breeds, and getting them the help they need. :). There are breed specific rescues, and all breed rescues. If your looking for a dog (or cat), please consider the rescue groups.

I am very, very proud of you kinot!

I am very, very proud of you kinot!

Thank you HRF. :), if I were looking for a dog or cat (Heaven forbid), I would go to a rescue group first. They know their business about animals, and they would never place an animal where it might be harmed.

Thank you HRF. :), if I were looking for a dog or cat (Heaven forbid), I would go to a rescue group first. They know their business about animals, and they would never place an animal where it might be harmed.

If I was able to I would spend my life taking in rescue dogs & teaching them about the Habs, of course.,

If I was able to I would spend my life taking in rescue dogs & teaching them about the Habs, of course.,

• 5 months later...

I had to read that twice because the first time I thought it read:I cleaned up my room & found some cats. :lol:

Very cute Clues.

LOL yes, I found some cats in my room. I should really do a cleanup more often. And thank yous. :)

• 5 weeks later...

I'm not big on cats, but dogs, yes.

In another life, my ex and I used to breed and show boxers. Other breeders we knew, had kennels, but we had a house with lots of room, so the dogs stayed in the house. They were more pets than just show dogs. When we were home, they had the run of the house, but they were disciplined, and because they are pack animals,,,wherever I went, (leader of the pack :D ), they went. This a a pic of "my" room, basically the rec room. The couch was theirs'. Here's how they used it. At night,,,there were 2 in our room, and one in my daughters room. The rest were crated.

The old girl on the floor was 11 and blind when this pic was taken. She never fell into our inground pool, and rarely bumped into anything. I don't know how she did it.

They are all gone now, cremated and resting beneath an oak tree in a conservation area. R.I.P. guys drool.gif.

BTW, that's not a pee spot on the floor :P .

GROUPPICOFDOGSONCOUCH1994_zpsf8c0be37.jpg

Guest habs1952

I'm not big on cats, but dogs, yes.

In another life, my ex and I used to breed and show boxers. Other breeders we knew, had kennels, but we had a house with lots of room, so the dogs stayed in the house. They were more pets than just show dogs. When we were home, they had the run of the house, but they were disciplined, and because they are pack animals,,,wherever I went, (leader of the pack :D ), they went. This a a pic of "my" room, basically the rec room. The couch was theirs'. Here's how they used it. At night,,,there were 2 in our room, and one in my daughters room. The rest were crated.

The old girl on the floor was 11 and blind when this pic was taken. She never fell into our inground pool, and rarely bumped into anything. I don't know how she did it.

They are all gone now, cremated and resting beneath an oak tree in a conservation area. R.I.P. guys drool.gif.

BTW, that's not a pee spot on the floor :P .

GROUPPICOFDOGSONCOUCH1994_zpsf8c0be37.jpg

Poop? Judging by the ashtray on the table they smoked. :lol: :lol:

i don't have your typical pets.

No, not snakes... I have rats and love them. People tell me all the time how they had hamsters or gerbils growing up.

let me tell you, it's not the same at all. Rats are very social animal and require time everyday with their masters (even more so if you only have one). They are extremely intelligent, they know their names, come when called can even do tricks if you're patient enough to train them.

The most interesting thing, they're very territorial. Their cage is their home, had a few that use to escape from the cage, do their tour and when done, sneak back into the cage.

Incredibly intelligent, most intelligent of the rodent family.

They get a bad rap due to the sewer rats and the plague. But they weren't responsible, it was the fleas/ticks on the rat that spread the disease. Since they live so close to humans, it's was inevitable.

Many people leave our place having a completely different view on rats.

They're a very misunderstood animal, probably one of the reasons I like them so much.

The only down side to a rat, is their life cycle. 2 years is a good time for a rat. They use to live up to 5-6 years, but due to all the breeding their life expectancy is around 2-2 1/2 years. Which really sucks, they're so interactive that it's hard not to get attached to them.

Guest habs1952

I have that exact carpet. My 2 border collie puppies thought it was a spot to pee.

Well, only the girl did and so ive now assumed shes a bruins fan.

Kinda disrespectful treating the Habs logo like that. <_<

:lol: :lol: :lol:

• 7 months later...

We have a swimming cat, that has won awards, his name is Mischief. Due, to the fact that cats are not fond of water, I think the pictures of him swimming, is why he wins. When we go to the cottage and the beach area, we draw a crowd, due to Mischief liking water and swimming.

Sounds like a cool cat Habby!

My household has always been animal friendly. Unfortunately, with the arrival of the baby, we don't have time to take care of the pets like we use to.

Still have 1, 10 year old (needy) cat, his sister was put down last fall (thyroid problems) and 6 rats- 3 males, 3 females.

Love for kaelyn to grow up around animals, but for now, she takes all our time and attention. We're keeping the pet we have, but don't see us getting any more rats once these ones pass away. It's sad since we have 6 generations of rats. Use to raise and breed them for friends who wanted very social rats.

Btw, rats make excellent pets. They are very friendly and social, they get excitted to see us and to spend time with us. They even come up (when we have them out running) to us and nudge our hands to get scratches and pets. Best way to describe a pet rat, they're like little excited, affectionate puppies.

The main downside to having rats as pets, they need a lot of attention (best to have 2 if you can't give them at least an hour a day out of the cage and with you) and their lifespan is about 2 1/2 years, 3 if you're lucky.