Record: 2-1-0

GAA: 3.69

SV%: 0.903

Nikolai Khabibulin

Record: 1-1-1

GAA: 3.49

SV%: 0.864

Preview:

Both teams are coming off losses, the Oilers fell to the flames in a shootout after allowing a late 3rd period goal to tie the game. The habs on the other hand lost embarrassingly to the Canucks, so both teams should be looking to come out strong.

Key injuries tonight are:

Canadiens: Markov, O'byrne, Metropolit

Oilers: Souray

EDIT: Oh and sorry for posting this late guys, totally slipped my mind XD

You can thank youppipwns for reminding me :)

I would think they will tear into the Oilers tonight after that embarrassing massacre in Vancouver.

well tonight we get to see what this team is made of...is it the same as last years team, where one blow out will be followed by another bad game or will this team be different? will the new coach and new faces mean a new attitude?? tonight well get a taste...game 5...montreal vs. edmonton...10pm et...

Projected Lines Habs vs. Oilers

Forwards:

Cammalleri - Gomez - Gionta

Pacioretty - Plekanec - A. Kostitsyn

Latendresse - Lapierre - Moen

Laraque - Chipchura - D'Agostini

Defencemen:

Hamrlik - Spacek

Weber - Gill

Mara - Gorges

Goaltenders:

Price

Halak

from TSN ice chips

Practice Lines Oilers

Forwards:

Jacques - Horcoff - Hemsky

O'Sullivan - Gagner - Stone

Penner - Brule - Comrie

Moreau - Cogliano - Stortini

Defencemen:

Smid - Staios

Gilbert - Grebeshkov

Strudwick - Visnovsky

Goaltenders:

Khabibulin

Projected Lines Habs vs. Oilers

Forwards:

Cammalleri - Gomez - Gionta

Pacioretty - Plekanec - A. Kostitsyn

Latendresse - Lapierre - Moen

Laraque - Chipchura - D'Agostini

Defencemen:

Hamrlik - Spacek

Weber - Gill

Mara - Gorges

Goaltenders:

Price

Halak

from TSN ice chips

Practice Lines Oilers

Forwards:

Jacques - Horcoff - Hemsky

O'Sullivan - Gagner - Stone

Penner - Brule - Comrie

Moreau - Cogliano - Stortini

Defencemen:

Smid - Staios

Gilbert - Grebeshkov

Strudwick - Visnovsky

Goaltenders:

Khabibulin

Woah, Gill and Weber together again!? And moved up to the 2nd pairing??

Another late night game, good thing it's saturday and good thing it's the last for quite a while. Cant wait to watch it and see the boys bounce back from the nightmare in vancouver, because i'm convinced they will bounce back ... as another poster said, we did well against teams with former habs d-men :D (i know souray is not playing but still...)

meh... i dont really have anything to say really, i just want to watch the game!

Go! Habs! Go!

I echo strongly all the posted comments about "late game" and "Saturday". I stayed up for the unfortunate outcome that was Tuesday's game but am certainly glad I didn't invest anything into the massacre that was Wednesday night.

Here's to hoping for a good rebound game, 2 points, and something to be thankful for in the morning. It's a long wait after this until the home opener on Thursday and I'd rather not the bitter taste of a 3rd loss in a row in my mouth for all that time.

GO HABS GO!

Excited for tonights game myself. I want to see how this team deals with an all out blow-out. Are we going to see the team of the last years that sulks for a week after a blow out and plays badly? Or are we going to see a team that comes out hard and plays well to prove they are legit.

For me I will be happy with just a consistant 60 min game. I would love to see the team start coming together now. They have been together now for 2 weeks we should start to see the team coming together. I'm not expecting an miraculous transformation into a cup contenter. But I do honestly believe with the team we have on paper, with the player playing as they have in the past and all playing well together and off of each other I do believe we can finish in the top 4 in out conference and possible go deeper in the playoff than we are used to here.

The top line does seem to be coming together pretty nicely for the most part the seem to be learning well, where to go and where thier teammates are. Plecks overall has been an improvment over last year, Kost seems to be coming along a bit. I will admit as optomistic as I am our defence has been sub par at best. I know many here are hating the new Defence core and I can understand. For me I think Mara has been pleasant enough. Spachek has upset me alot, he was brought in to offset markov and give some punch on the back end. So far he has not done a thing offensivley. And as for Gill I am not to pleased.

I am hopeful that Gill can find his proper place and contribute to this team. He has exp and size something this team desperatley needs. I am hopeful that Spachek can start to do his offensive punch that used to drive me nuts when he played in Buffalo.

They will come out flying tonight. They don't play again until thurs, so if they lose you bet your behind Martin is going to skate them again. They don't want that. Not to mention they probabbly feel bad for letting Price out to dry.

I see a good game and a win tonight from Les Boys!

They will come out flying tonight. They don't play again until thurs, so if they lose you bet your behind Martin is going to skate them again. They don't want that. Not to mention they probabbly feel bad for letting Price out to dry.

I see a good game and a win tonight from Les Boys!

On that note of letting Price down I heard quite a few players apologised to Price for the result of that game.

Should be interesting, to say the least. They BETTER bounce back, after that last game. Horrible. Couldn't even watch the whole thing.

Just goes to show, that even some of the best players in this game can be a lousy team sometimes.

I still have all the confidence in JM to right this ship. And he's had to deal with injuries early on, so he's seeing some adversity on top of the newness of all the fresh faces and undeveloped chemistry.

But then, there's the defense.....what's it going to take? Did Hal Gill eat nothing but cheeseburgers all summer? Is Spacek afraid of joining the rush now? These guys are better than this. And then there's our passing. Totally out to lunch last game. Well, at least it's happening early in the season.

Tonight we will see what they are made of. What went on after that last debacle. What JM did to fix it.

Agreed ... I don't think they will ever have any more motivation to win game than they do tonight ... (other than the play-offs & winning the cup anyway ;) )

"GOT" to have a good game (atleast) & hopefully the win tonight.

On another postitive note .. I think the laughs are going to get "their" 7-1 tonight from Sid & the kids :)

2hrs to go HABS gooooo !

They will come out flying tonight.

Not to mention they probabbly feel bad for letting Price out to dry.

As they sure in hell otta....I'm sure they'll have his back tonight though....GOHABS.

On that note of letting Price down I heard quite a few players apologised to Price for the result of that game.

Work together boys as one.....victory will come. :D

I think that our team is going to come home with this win Edmonton plays hard for 60 minutes too. The trouncing they received from Vancouver should be more than enough incentive to beat them.

Sure hope this is the case.....

Archived