The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

The 09-10 Negative Thread

lesfoldi

when your mad post here. what bugs me most about this team is that we havent won a cup since 93 and i cant see one in the near future.(mind you its only 5 games in the season, but i have doubts. I think gainey screwed up and our goaltending is very incosistent.(not just price) hackett, theodore and then get rid of goalies like huet(who i liked) the price wins at every level but chokes playoff time. I dont know if he is doing a butterfly style or just falls because he is scared of high shots? grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

My rant is some of the fan base going ballistic only 5 games into the season with a team that has already lost a third of it's D and has had changes galore. Mr. Gainey and Mr. Martin why can't you get this situation rectified immediately so the Habs can go undefeated for the rest of the year?

sarcasm is very ugly on you. lol

and its not just 5 games bud. its 16 years of this

My rant is...why does this need to be a thread? Are the gameday, player, coaches, gm, if i were a gm, state of the habs and what do you think of the habs defense already not full of enough negativity? Shoot, even the injury thread is negative...ugh...any more negativity and the red on this board will turn to maroon and then black...like the life being sucked out of a body...

My rant is...why does this need to be a thread? Are the gameday, player, coaches, gm, if i were a gm, state of the habs and what do you think of the habs defense already not full of enough negativity? Shoot, even the injury thread is negative...ugh...any more negativity and the red on this board will turn to maroon and then black...like the life being sucked out of a body...

my point exactly...post it here instead of there...if you dont like it, take your positvity to the positive thread. :P

My negative rant is as follows:

I dislike this team.

I'm not bitter about Koivu's departure, or the other free agents anymore, but I don't like this team.

The players don't seem like "Habs"...it's a weird feeling to watch them and not care.

Secondly, our goal-scoring is the same - nil.

Our defense is worse than last year and our goaltending is weak.

I dislike this team.

I'm not bitter about Koivu's departure, or the other free agents anymore, but I don't like this team.

The players don't seem like "Habs"...it's a weird feeling to watch them and not care.

I agree on all points. I was hopeful during the off season but having seen this team in action color me unimpressed. I have a feeling this will be a long season.

My rant is:

Kopitar ­­­­­­before Price.

'Nuff said.

To think we could have had Kopitar centering the first line. Another missed golden opportunity and bad drafting.

To think we could have had Kopitar centering the first line. Another missed golden opportunity and bad drafting.

I would have rather picked Jeff Carter/Zach Parise/Ryan Getzlaf instead of Andrei Kostitsyn center wise. :rolleyes:

I can understand when scouts miss like 1 or 2 great players... but 3 great centers? Especially with the fact that we needed good centers at the time, that i never understood.

And then for the second choice they went for a Center.... with... Cory Urquhart when Patrice Bergeron was still available. :huh:

They must have been thinking that Andrei was jesus or something and then... why would we draft a high ranked Quebecois center?

We gotta work on our PP, there doesn't seem to be much of a strategical approach.

A bit of patience would sometimes help too, instead of firing wristers from the perimeter.

After all the bounces against us in the last games (CAL, EDM, COL), here's hope for getting a few lucky bounces ourselves at some point.

PS: Can we start a reffing thread or do I have to explain my displeasure with last night's utter lack of competence in this thread?

I dislike this team.

I totally agree with you! I think I have been feeling the same way and just didn't know how to put it into words...thank you.

Our defence, a negative that speaks for itself really (and has done for years, even WITH a healthy Markov, one good defender does not a good defence make!)

Too true! I was pulling my hair out when BG signed Hal Gill. I was like what the hell!? Why? I still cringe whenever he steps onto the ice...

The one saving grace from the terrible signings this summer and how the team is performing on the ice currently is, that Bob Gainey should be finally FIRED!

I hated almost everything Gainey did this summer. Gomez is overpaid, Price is over-pressured, and our team is wayyyyyyy too small. Hopefully, now the ownership can see that Gainey no longer has his head in the game and should be let go. For too long has he been left in a position of power with no idea on how to use it.

So do what I do when I watch the Habs. Cheer for the goals, celebrate the wins, and take comfort in the loses which should lead to Gainey's dismissal.

man... where to start?

It's still really early and all and I did have hopes but all in all I have to say I'm pretty disenchanted with the habs.

I look around the league and go team by team and most teams have a superstar. Yes we have Markov and I do believe he's one of the best players in the league but why can't we have an Ovechkin, Malkin, Crosby, Kane, Getzlaf, Lecavalier, Mike Richards...? Many teams have multiple superstars and we can't even have one.

I know it sounds like alot of whining but when you have to go all the way back to 1986 there's a problem. Or our last 50 goal scorer is Stephane Richer in 1990... It's kinda sad when you think that we lost our "superstar" after Kovalev left.

Our GM's have been so preoccupied with winning year in and year out that they don't allow themselves to build properly. They're too busy throwing insane amounts of money to undeserving free agents in order to fill some kind of void and have a "performing" team. I'm sick and tired of having a team that hovers around 7th or 8th place. Why? Cause we never make it far in the playoffs and we never get top picks to help the team develop.

I wouldn't be opposed to having some kind of secret agenda to having our team completely suck for the next 2-3 years in order to draft high and get one superstar and a few solid prospects. Of course if this is the GM's mandate, God save his sould if the media ever finds out about it.

Anyone share the same opinion as me?

man... where to start?

It's still really early and all and I did have hopes but all in all I have to say I'm pretty disenchanted with the habs.

I look around the league and go team by team and most teams have a superstar. Yes we have Markov and I do believe he's one of the best players in the league but why can't we have an Ovechkin, Malkin, Crosby, Kane, Getzlaf, Lecavalier, Mike Richards...? Many teams have multiple superstars and we can't even have one.

I know it sounds like alot of whining but when you have to go all the way back to 1986 there's a problem. Or our last 50 goal scorer is Stephane Richer in 1990... It's kinda sad when you think that we lost our "superstar" after Kovalev left.

Our GM's have been so preoccupied with winning year in and year out that they don't allow themselves to build properly. They're too busy throwing insane amounts of money to undeserving free agents in order to fill some kind of void and have a "performing" team. I'm sick and tired of having a team that hovers around 7th or 8th place. Why? Cause we never make it far in the playoffs and we never get top picks to help the team develop.

I wouldn't be opposed to having some kind of secret agenda to having our team completely suck for the next 2-3 years in order to draft high and get one superstar and a few solid prospects. Of course if this is the GM's mandate, God save his sould if the media ever finds out about it.

Anyone share the same opinion as me?

No I don't think so. I think that BG just plain sucks....not much more to it.

Archived