The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Rbk Premier Jersey Issue

TrudyParson

• 2 weeks later...

your problem is you bought a heat pressed jersey....I'm assuming you wen't through NHL.com? you can take it to any tailor or sports wear store and the should fix it for you...but future reference you should always go to a third-party sports store for stitching.

your problem is you bought a heat pressed jersey....I'm assuming you wen't through NHL.com? you can take it to any tailor or sports wear store and the should fix it for you...but future reference you should always go to a third-party sports store for stitching.

Yea, I had the name plate problem with my Kostopoulos jersey. And as said, ordering from NHL.comshop was my mistake. Never again.

The freekin' name plate to boot literally has the letters squished all together cause of the length of the name.

Only buy jerseys where you can see the finished product first. Then go ahead with a custom one.

Yeah I know. I have a stitched barbershop I got from ebay. I bought this one ages ago. What I might do is have the heat-pressed plate stitched on, for a permanent fix.

Can you buy a premiere jersey and have them stitch on official lettering/numbers? Most places I know of "customize" them the same way NHL.com did.

it depends where you go, where I live theres a store called Sports Obsession, and they did my koivu jersey with authentic stitching etc. The nameplate is stitched to the jersey, the numbers are authentic with the blue outline number stitched ot the jersey and the white stitched onto the blue etc....the only thing i didn't like was it was still a "premier" jersey that has the Authentic stitched logo...but it's heat pressed onto the jersey lol.

Sports obsession is headquartered in Hamilton I believe...

• 3 weeks later...
Sports obsession is headquartered in Hamilton I believe...

I have a question about that - have you dealt with them often? I ordered a Gionta jersey but I didn't pay attention to one glaring fact - why do the preview photos show the wrong font? The '2' for instance is nowhere near correct.

Is this just a CG pre-fab or is it going to be incorrect? It's the same image used on multiple jersey sellers so I'm thinking I should be ok but who knows. :( Have you ordered any of their jersys, and if so do they look good? They claim they stitch them on too, but we'll see.

I have a question about that - have you dealt with them often? I ordered a Gionta jersey but I didn't pay attention to one glaring fact - why do the preview photos show the wrong font? The '2' for instance is nowhere near correct.

Is this just a CG pre-fab or is it going to be incorrect? It's the same image used on multiple jersey sellers so I'm thinking I should be ok but who knows. :( Have you ordered any of their jersys, and if so do they look good? They claim they stitch them on too, but we'll see.

Just a CG pre-fab, everything is "pro-spec" or as close to that as you're going to get with a so called "premier" jersey. the stitching is authentic and the lettering and nameplates are perfect on mine.

Just a CG pre-fab, everything is "pro-spec" or as close to that as you're going to get with a so called "premier" jersey. the stitching is authentic and the lettering and nameplates are perfect on mine.

Ok, makes me feel better. I don't really care if it's 100% authentic (don't have the cash for that) but as long as it's stitched and looks accurate I'm good.

Hope I'm not hijacking thhis thread by asking a couple of questions.

Being French, and living in France (that's more the root of the problem), it's always tricky to buy anything related to hockey without having to sell a kidney and receiving something smaller/bigger/different than what you wanted.

So basically, my bro' wants an Ovechkin jersey, but I'm not sure which one to get (model, size), and where to get it. According to this thread, I'd rather avoid the official NHL store (as they may also charge a lot of shipping fee to France) and rather choose a seller who specifies the whole patches are stitched to the jersey that heat pressed. There are several of those seller on ebay, so except buying mistakenly from a Chinese or Thai seller (the price difference should be a good indicator), this should be ok ? (what about the thai sellers by the way ? Are those bootlegs ? Even with the RBK logo ? Or pretty much the same as the RBK shirts straight from the factory ? Yeah I guess the premier jersey, despite the 150$ price tag, aren't made in Canada... ;) )

I'd rather buy one with everything looking good (nothing printed), and kind of official. The "real" jersey (300$) is too expensive, but the premier seems like a good choice.

Also he's 185cm tall (6ft), any idea which size should I get ? He plans to use it for roller hockey so it should be large enough to fit on top of the protective gear.

Any help would, uh... help :D

Archived