The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

October 17, 2009 | Regular Season Game #7: Senators @ Canadiens

Telly_39_s_1

Hey hey, ladies and gentlemen! Welcome to this gameday thread, brought to you by me, Blockoman. Now then...

Canadiens (2-4-0) vs. Senators (4-2-0): Game of the day!

Also known as:

Canadiens vs. Senators: Alex Returns!

Also known as:

124.gif vs 157.gif

Where's the game taking place?

Le Centre Bell!

2446297057_0c00a1974d.jpg

Goalies:

Carey Price

price1.jpg

Pascal Leclaire

Edmonton%20Oilers%20v%20Ottawa%20Senators%20E-LRo-C0IMGl.jpg

Team Leaders:

Goals: Gionta (3), Plekanec (2), Hamrlik (2), Moen (2)

Assists: Plekanec (4), Cammalleri (4), Mara (4)

Plus/Minus: Gorges (2), Spacek (2), Gionta (2)

Points: Alfredsson (7), Ruutu (5), Michalek/Fisher/Picard/Kelly (4)

Goals: Michalek (4), Alfredsson/Ruutu/Fisher/Regin/Kovalev (2)

Assists: Alfredsson (5), Kelly(4), Ruutu/Picard/Spezza/Volchenkov (3)

Plus/Minus: Picard (7), Carkner (6), Regin/Kelly (3)

But, the reason this game intrigues everybody is because of this man:

090721_kovalev%20154.jpg

"It could be some good moments, it could be some bad moments. It could be boos, it could be happy. But I just have to not forget that I still have to play a hockey game and I'm not playing for Montreal anymore, I'm playing for Ottawa. I'm just trying to focus on the game. I know it's going to be hard but I'm just going to try to get the win." - Alex Kovalev

Will Alex dazzle and make us regret ever losing him?

Will the Bell Centre crowd get to him?

How the hey should I know? Watch the game to find out!

There's my first attempt at a GT. Hope my lack of fancy graphics doesn't make it too bland.

i hope i am not the only person in the bell centre wearing a kovy (MTL) jersey to this game! it is the only jersey that i have and i am not about to spend $$$ to buy a new one. I just bought this one when the EDGE jerseys came out a few years ago.

Don't buy a new one...just get it re-numbered and named for about 30 bucks ;)

i do not know about putting names on jerseys anymore...you put the name on and the player is gone when their contract is up! :lol:

I hear ya, my latest Habs jersey has my name and number on it. I have a throw back Price jersey...but if he doesn't pan out I'll just pull the 3's off and change "RIC" for "LANT" and have a throwback Plante jersey :lol:

GO HABS GO!!!!! :)

Cheers.jpg

Nice GDT. I'm flying out of Thunder Bay in the morning to Ottawa, renting a car there and driving to Montreal to see this game. All I want is a win!!!

Nice...enjoy the game! :lol:

I'll cheer for Kovi every game, except 6 and tomorrow is one of them. I hope we dont get a beating like in preseason, otherwise, all is good, this game should be interesting. GO! HABS! GO!

ditto :lol:

Alright! L'Artiste is back!

Hope the fans don't boo him(as much)...

Go Habs Go!!!

Yea..Alex's sentiments also....he was discussing this yesterday....he says he loves the city & the fans.

Though he's preparing for anything,(most ex-habs do get booed)....we was a fan favorite for sure.

The mob protesters outside the bell center attempting to sway montreals decision in resigning him....was test to that.

I for one would be surprised in this case,if the fans do boo him.......but indeed we are talking about montreal hab fans here :lol: enough said.

Welcome back Kovy......but I hope you leave with a lose.......GOHABSGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Hopefully the outcome of this game is better than Thursday.

Here's hoping. ;)

i do not know about putting names on jerseys anymore...you put the name on and the player is gone when their contract is up! :lol:

Niether would I.....becomes to much $$$$$$$$ :P

Nice GDT, I never make predictions because I feel that I jinx the game but that theory hasn't worked for me yet so here goes nothing:

I say Kovy does pot a goal in a 4-2 losing effort.

GO HABS GO!!!!!

I hate to say this guys but I would be suprised if the Canadiens win 25 games this year... That's including the 2 that we barely won. We do have some good offence but we lack the speed. Our defence is barely a junior team, that is the

problem with the team. We will soon take the Leafs last place spot. I hope I'm wrong but...

Kovy will get a hat trick today for sure... specially if Price is in net. I'll admit that he has played better this year but the whole league knows to shoot top right on him... Because he drops right away and he can't use his glove...

Good luck

this could go either way, the senators have been blazing, and if Michalek has a game like he did against tampa, we better watch out.

The habs have not been doing so well, having a 4 game losing streak, and we all know that we want to get a victory at home to please our crowd

and with kovalev coming back to montreal for the first time this season, will the canadiens try and destroy them like we did to komisarek and the leafs, or will we be like the leafs and let him score the game winner on us <_<

i sure hope not,

good luck habs, and hopefully cammy gets his first goal of the season

Hey hey, ladies and gentlemen! Welcome to this gameday thread, brought to you by me, Blockoman. Now then...

Canadiens (2-4-0) vs. Senators (4-2-0): Game of the day!

There's my first attempt at a GT. Hope my lack of fancy graphics doesn't make it too bland.

I think ya did a super job...good stuff. :D

Archived