The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Only Habs Fans Are Obnoxious ? / Seulement Les Fans Du Ch Qui Sont Baveux ?

actumimago

People keep telling me that Habs fan are annoying/obnoxious. Well I was at the Habs game on Saturday and here is a little video showing that even Sens fans can be obnoxious!

Le gens me disent toujours que les fans du Canadiens sont baveux. Eh bien j'étais à la partie ce samedi et voici un petit vidéo qui prouve que même les Sénateurs ont des fans baveux!

Washington Fans booed Ovy and Co. when they realized the Pens were about to eliminate them.

Nucks fans were asking Luongo's head after being eliminated by the hawks.

I say Montreal fans are the whiniest fans... "What do you mean they're not clicking out of the gate... Awwww, after 5 losses that's it, we're finishing 30th this year, awwwww... we suck".

We're suppose to laugh at the American (southerners) who know nothing about Professional hockey... Yet, we expected the season to start with a bang. Regardless of who we acquired in the offseason, with such an overhaul this summer, not even Gretzky or Lemieux in their primes would've turned this team into a cup contender right out of the gate.

We've been spoiled with so many great teams in the 50, 60's, 70's, 80's and early 90's.

Sorry, but our last great team was about 15 years ago. Time to suck it up an realize we're no different that the 29 other teams in the league (despite how many cups we won in the past). We're gonna have to work hard and be patient while this squad finds its chemistry. Have we forgotten that we lost Markov, with all the shuffling and trying to patch holes left by markov, it's only normal the defense is struggling and looking lost out there.

Why does this come as a surprise to anyone?

Would've been nice if we started the season with a bang, possible, but not very probable.

Logic should dictate that this is exactly where we should be.

Wish MP could go into his bag of stats and show us the results of teams (in the past), who have had major overhauls in the offseasons. I'm willing to bet, that the majority of those teams started slow and struggled just as much as we are now. Sure there are always exceptions, but why do fans here always expect the habs to be the exception?

The Wings lost 3 key players in the offseason and have also lost Franzen... What are they doing right now, struggling just like we are. And this is a team that was in the cup finals just 4 months prior.

As a Ranger fan, I don't think Hab fans are obnoxious. I've been in Montreal a bunch of times, and never seen people get hostile at anyone being another team's fan. I have seen guys wearing Maple Leaf jersey on St Catherine's and nobody says anything. I do think you guys should be easy on your players, especially Price.

I live in Philadelphia, if you want to meet obnoxious fans, come down here. I really don't know where they get the balls to chant "Crosby Suck", when he has ripped them apart 2 years in a row. I find it funny, that Flyer fans think so much of their team, even though they have not accomplish anything since 1975. If you only watch the Philly media, you would think the only great players of the 1970's were Bobby Clarke and Bernie Parent. There is a team that needs a dose of reality.

Say what? Us Habs fans obnoxious? Because we have the most knowledgeable fans in hockey? No way. We do expect our money's worth, though. And with our legacy, nothing wrong with that.

This "we have the most knowledgeable fans" is soooo tiring. Any big Canadian city has it's share of knowledgeable fans...unfortunately there's a large percentage of Habs fans that think it is their birthright to be knowledgeable...never mind that many only know what they read on forums like these. In my opinion, Habs fans are the most unreasonable in their expectations of players and between the fans and the media have chased some great players away from the city. Seriously, why would a player choose to play in Montreal for the same money they could get in Dallas or Florida? For the added joy of being stalked by the media and questioned on every move they make from a saucer pass to pouring a saucer of milk for their cat at home?!?! Many Habs fans need to get over themselves although...I know that will never happen as arrogance knows no bounds. I speak from experience as I have lived equal time in Montreal & Toronto and have spent plenty of time in Calgary, Edmonton & Vancouver. All 5 cities will readily tell you they have the most knowledgeable fans...yawn.

Washington Fans booed Ovy and Co. when they realized the Pens were about to eliminate them.

Nucks fans were asking Luongo's head after being eliminated by the hawks.

I say Montreal fans are the whiniest fans... "What do you mean they're not clicking out of the gate... Awwww, after 5 losses that's it, we're finishing 30th this year, awwwww... we suck".

We're suppose to laugh at the American (southerners) who know nothing about Professional hockey... Yet, we expected the season to start with a bang. Regardless of who we acquired in the offseason, with such an overhaul this summer, not even Gretzky or Lemieux in their primes would've turned this team into a cup contender right out of the gate.

We've been spoiled with so many great teams in the 50, 60's, 70's, 80's and early 90's.

Sorry, but our last great team was about 15 years ago. Time to suck it up an realize we're no different that the 29 other teams in the league (despite how many cups we won in the past). We're gonna have to work hard and be patient while this squad finds its chemistry. Have we forgotten that we lost Markov, with all the shuffling and trying to patch holes left by markov, it's only normal the defense is struggling and looking lost out there.

Why does this come as a surprise to anyone?

Would've been nice if we started the season with a bang, possible, but not very probable.

Logic should dictate that this is exactly where we should be.

Wish MP could go into his bag of stats and show us the results of teams (in the past), who have had major overhauls in the offseasons. I'm willing to bet, that the majority of those teams started slow and struggled just as much as we are now. Sure there are always exceptions, but why do fans here always expect the habs to be the exception?

The Wings lost 3 key players in the offseason and have also lost Franzen... What are they doing right now, struggling just like we are. And this is a team that was in the cup finals just 4 months prior.

I think your wrong with the gretzky, lemieux thing. we would instantly have a 50 goal scorer on our team, regardless of who is with them.

I think your wrong with the gretzky, lemieux thing. we would instantly have a 50 goal scorer on our team, regardless of who is with them.

Agreed. I could get 70 points on a line with either of them and I'm a life long goalie...LOL. A Gretzky or Lemieux would also give this team a leader and a winning attitude...two things we're in desperate need of right now.

Archived