The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Game #12 Habs@pens, October 28 2009, 7.30 Pm

Tessin

Wednesday October 28, 7.30 PM

At the Mellon Arena
in Pittsburgh

mellon-arena-2007.jpg

pittsburgh-penguins-playoff-tickets.pngVS montreal-canadiens-playoff-tickets.png

The Habs: 6-5-0, 12 points, 3rd in Northeast Division, 7th in the Eastern Conference. 2-3-0 on the road

The Pens: 9-2-0, 18 points, 1st in the Eastern Conference. 4-2-0 at home.

Projected Goaltenders:

jaroslav_halak2.jpg

Jaroslav Halak, 4-1, SV% 0.910, GAA 2,28.

marc-andre-fleury-hi51.jpg

Marc-André Fleury, 8-1-0, SV% 0.917, GAA 2,18.

Possible Lineups:

Montréal:

Cammalleri-Gomez-Gionta
Kostitsyn-Plekanec-Lapierre
Moen-Metropolit-Pacioretty
Latendresse-Chipchura-Agostini

Hamrlik-Spacek
Gill-Gorges
Bergeron-Mara

Pittsburgh:

Kunitz-Crosby-Guérin
Dupuis-Malkin-Fedotenko
Cooke-Staal-Kennedy
Rupp-Adams-Goddard

Orpik-Goligoski
Eaton-Letang
McKee-Skoula

A nice game to everyone!

Sooooo....up against the defending stanley cup champions.....no problemmmmm :lol:

Yea,right.

Tuff one coming up....high flying/scoring pens with their their stand up goaltender Fluery.

Well,our habs have been working hard for our recent wins.....here's hoping it all carries over to this match-up.....gonna be a toughy for sure....but I have faith in our high flying smuffs. :P

AND OUR NETMINDER.

GO HABS GO!

Nice job Tessin on the GDT.

Well, here goes.....I have a BAAAAAAD feeling about this one. Not because the Pens are so great, but because we will probably find ourselves cutting grooves to the penalty box until the game is out of hand. The league loves to call infractions against us, and can go days without making a single call against Baby Cindy & Co. And as long as we have Buttman in charge, it'll stay that way. So as much as I'd love another Habs victory, I think this one will interrupt our win streak.

To top it all off, the game's on my birthday, so I'm going to miss the last part. Some of you will have to take up the slack and post the bananas for me. Hope you post lots and lots of 'em!

As long as the boys play a tough game for sixty minutes, I'll be happy, even if the zebras take away the W. Habs are showing lots of improvement all the time, so things will get even better.

GO HABS!

Should be a tough one. A win is always preferred, but if it must me a loss, let it at least be a good one. I figure whatever team Crosby is on always has an edge (even if he has a lousy game), and I sincerely hope he doesn't pull any garbage. Losing because you're outplayed is one thing. Losing because you spend half the game on PK is another.

Although taking penalties against PIT is inevitable, I'm looking forward to the Metropolit line to cause some trouble. Halak needs to be big obviously but he needs help from the D core. Hal Gill better be hitting people or I'm going to flip my lid. Other than that if we can keep it close after the first we have a chance of beating anyone.

Should be a tough one. A win is always preferred, but if it must me a loss, let it at least be a good one. I figure whatever team Crosby is on always has an edge (even if he has a lousy game), and I sincerely hope he doesn't pull any garbage. Losing because you're outplayed is one thing. Losing because you spend half the game on PK is another.

let it be a good loss? did i get that right? there is no such thing my friend

I don't have a good feeling about this game. I believe that the Habs will hold their own against the Pens in the 1st period, but all will be decided from the second period on. I don't see the Habs posting a W in this one.....if they keep it within 2 goals, that will be an accomplishment & prove that the team is coming together.

In preperation for the meeting with the Make-me-Laffs here's a Youtube tribute

How about (I know it's dated but tradition usually is - Check the hit that Kovy dishes out)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Al_icT9CsJE&feature=fvw

Good GDT Tessin.

I think that if we keep playing the way that we have been we can beat any team in the league. There are (obviously) still a lot of things that we could improve on but I have a good feeling about this one! GO HABS GO!!!!!

Man you guys are giving the birds to much credit, remember Peguins can not fly but Gomey, Camy and Gionta can fly, these guys will put it together tonight. Also people said that the rangers we going to win. Canadians have been building Chemistry. Hopefully JM is making sure they will not get penalties and hopefully the penguins will and MAB will give us a goal or two. It is going to be another OT game and MTL will win.

Thanks for the GDT! Nicely done.

I don't know what to think about this game. When I think of Malkin and Crosby my inclination is to think we don't have a good chance. Both Pittsburgh losses have come at home though. It's not like we've been losing to bottom dwellers and giving good teams no contest. We've stood our ground against Calgary and Edmonton in their own buildings. We were the only blemish on Buffalo's record for a little bit and again we accomplished that in their home opener. Forget Vancouver.

IDK, for not having their leader and a system in place, this team has shown some mettle on the road early in the season. Now with more of a system I'm anxious to see what they can do.

C'mon Habs, prove that I have reason to be optimistic here.

Thanks for the GDT! Nicely done.

I don't know what to think about this game. When I think of Malkin and Crosby my inclination is to think we don't have a good chance. Both Pittsburgh losses have come at home though. It's not like we've been losing to bottom dwellers and giving good teams no contest. We've stood our ground against Calgary and Edmonton in their own buildings. We were the only blemish on Buffalo's record for a little bit and again we accomplished that in their home opener. Forget Vancouver.

IDK, for not having their leader and a system in place, this team has shown some mettle on the road early in the season. Now with more of a system I'm anxious to see what they can do.

C'mon Habs, prove that I have reason to be optimistic here.

very uplifting post. you've made me optimistic! :D

i hope they take us lightly and we cause them some trouble.

go habs go!

Nice thread and happy birthday, Vegasrick. :)

I have to agree with some posters here with regards to the number of calls that will be against us versus the non calls against baby Gretzky Cindy's (Buttman's) team. If we remain disciplined and not get caught up with their two super stars, we'll be fine. Marc Andre is proving that he's right up there in the top three as goaltending goes. What I'm seeing more of this year than any time in recent memory is that we are going to the net and making it difficult for the opposing goalie to see the puck. Hopefully that net presence will be to the forefront this evening. The key to this game is stopping the Pens transitional game, in my opinion. Hem them in and control that aspect of their game by taking away the neutral zone. Our back end needs to be quick and just how much ice time Gill receives :huh: remains to be seen. Metro, Moen and Halak will be keys as well. We're hoping for a win but if an effort is there in a loss, I can live with that. However, I have my crystal ball out and I foresee a 4-2 victory, our side. :)

GO HABBIES GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

the game's on my birthday, so I'm going to miss the last part. Some of you will have to take up the slack and post the bananas for me. Hope you post lots and lots of 'em!

As long as the boys play a tough game for sixty minutes, I'll be happy, even if the zebras take away the W. Habs are showing lots of improvement all the time, so things will get even better.

GO HABS!

Well Happy Birthday :) & I hope the Habs give you a nice present.. as in a WIN ! ;)

GO HABS GO !!! ... & shall see what we can do with the bananas :) ... maybe you'll get one of those for your B-Day too ;)

Archived