The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Chelios Returning To Mtl?

JHaul

Well this could be a double edge sword for us. I know he is up there in age, but look at it this way, just think of all the help he could be towards any of our young d-men. Only problem with Chelios coming back would be at what price? Send down MAB and give him more time in the minors. Maybe a little later once he gets his balance back and learns to shoot again, he can come back up.

Guest olddude

I don't know about this, :blink: I think I would have to say no. If he came as some kind of a coach, ok. He wasn't getting as much ice time near the end in Detroit for a reason. We don't need another weakness on D, we need help, but as JM said, it's not just the D, the forwards have to help out as well. Chelios heart may be in the right place, but father time is in the wrong place.

Weber isn't ready for the NHL and I'd rather have Chelios instead of Belle anyday.

well thats your opinion.

if they are going to limit his ice time, we might aswell have one of our guys in the system fill the spot, let them have some experience.

chelly wont do anything for us IMO. way past his prime, he wasnt even playing regularly with the wings...so if he comes here he is going to taking more then his body can handle IMO.

BY FAR THE STUPIDEST IDEA EVER. Lets add a 50 year old man who can't skate to the slowest d in the league. IF THIS TEAM HAD A REMOTE CHANCE OF THE PLAYOFFS MAYBE. Take your licks, develop the young kids finish dead last I don't care if ST Jose and the ducks can suck forever and then win the cup i say lets suck

well thats your opinion.

if they are going to limit his ice time, we might aswell have one of our guys in the system fill the spot, let them have some experience.

chelly wont do anything for us IMO. way past his prime, he wasnt even playing regularly with the wings...so if he comes here he is going to taking more then his body can handle IMO.

am i dreaming are we realy talking about this, he will just take up space from a younger guy and do no better. lets just let it play out and let some younger guys get some experience.

Archived