The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Habs Call Up Ryan White, Tom Pyatt

ColRouleBleu

i saw this too.. who do you think will be out of the line-up? did anyone get hurt in practice? i really have a bad feeling that ak will be in the press box, which imho would be absolutely wrong unless jm had a talk with him and they agreed that he'd watch a game or two to get some distance and then get back in and get an opportunity on one of the top lines... (getting off topic so i'll leave it at that..)

too bad i won't be able to watch the game, pyatt seems to be pretty good down in hamilton, i hope i'll see something in the highlights

I want to know why they were called up. Is it just to fill in for players who will be scratched or did the habs siffer another injury.

and also why ryan white? 11 goals in 80 games last season he only brings his physical play

That was last season... he impressed me this pre-season as I said... Matt D'Agostini has a concussion counts for one... Laraque must be headed for LTIR (or is already there)... Gionta took a big hit last game and needed a therapy day (???)

And perhaps a trade may be in the works.

Kind of off topic but I would really like to see Subban brought up I feel this kid is gonna do some real damage

Oh,no fear...he'll be up this season soon enough.....would not shock me at all.

I know some felt after camp that he should remain another yr down the hall :D ....like I said though...have a gut feeling he'll get called up...

Like I said in another post, these two players bring a heavy forechecking aspect to the table. Might exactly what is need against the Bruins. Can't wait to see how they look comapred to the big boys. Don't get me wrong here I like guys like Lats, Laps & Stewart but I just don't think they have been bringing their A game this year. When it comes to 3rd & 4th liners shake ups are always a small risk.

I think with all of these call ups, Bob is rying to see what we actually got that can be of use to us down the road or right now in the way of a trade. It looks like O'byrne and Gill won't be back till the end of November which is another 10 12 games played which will put us at or around the 30 game mark. If the guys can't cut it here maybe they can someplace else, or if they can then maybe it gives us enough flexibility to move the Kost bros and bring in a front line center or a puck moving d-man.

I think with all of these call ups, Bob is rying to see what we actually got that can be of use to us down the road or right now in the way of a trade. It looks like O'byrne and Gill won't be back till the end of November which is another 10 12 games played which will put us at or around the 30 game mark. If the guys can't cut it here maybe they can someplace else, or if they can then maybe it gives us enough flexibility to move the Kost bros and bring in a front line center or a puck moving d-man.

agree with all of this.

Archived