The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#94 - Tom Pyatt 2009-10

madsprite18

Just called up from the Bulldogs, has played strongly in season and preseason.

Pyatt, 22, has played in all 11 games with the Bulldogs this season and is tied for the team lead in points with nine (six goals, three assists) while serving two penalty minutes. The 6-foot 185-pound centre played in 73 games with the Hartford Wolf Pack last season earning 37 points (15 goals, 22 assists) along with 22 penalty minutes. The native of Thunder Bay, Ontario was acquired by Montreal through a trade with the New York Rangers in the off-season. Pyatt was drafted by the Rangers in the 4th round, 107th overall in the 2005 NHL Entry Draft.

I know everyone is picking him to be a fringe NHLer but there's something Ive always liked about the kid. He's slower and smaller than his big brother, but i think he actually has better hands - the problem is getting himself into good position!

If he turns into a serviceable NHLer just another reason why the Gomez deal is looking sweeter.

Looks like Pyatt will be centering the fourth line. Good luck out there Tommy, you deserve this and I hope that you keep on rollin with the BIG club tonight. Keep up the intensity but remain focused!

hmmm....Kostitsyn - Pyatt - White

I think this is going to be an energetic line that Kostitsyn can work with. He will be told to lead the offence and I really like Pyatt and White, they will open space up for him and seem to have adequate offensive production.

That ankle injury in his last year of junior seems to have really wrecked chips's career, but White looks like he could become what we expected from Chipchura...havent seen too much of Pyatt tho, but he seems to be a smart player. Maybe the could be a line moving forward, well see how it works

Archived