The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#53 - Ryan White 2010-11

madsprite18

Another strong Bulldogs performer has got the call up - well deserved!

White, 21, has played in all 11 games with the 'Dogs this year earning seven points (three goals, four assists) along with 22 penalty minutes. The 6-foot, 193-pound centre completed his first professional season last year with Hamilton playing in all 80 games and earning 29 points (11 goals, 18 assists) and 68 penalty minutes. The native of Brandon, Manitoba was drafted by the Canadiens in the 3rd round, 66th overall in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft.

got to see him play here in calgary for the hitmen. he won player of the game in the playoff game i went to see. i think they were eliminated either that game or the one after. shoulda got his damn autograph while he was still here. i remember someone saying we'd win a cup with this guy in our lineup. big praise, but ya better believe it! he's a lot closer to being a regular than i though he would be.

Last year we were saying how Gregory Stewart was making Steve Begin redundant... Now the table has turned on Stewart. Ryan White is making Stewart redundant. Oh well... How many 3rd/4th line energy guys do we have in the system, anyway? :D:lol:

About 73 I think.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to the Laps-Lats-White line tonight (should it happen).

• 2 weeks later...

I just want to say that I love watching White play. He threw a hard check last night and constantly skates all game. He is very sound positionally and is a great addition to the PK. When injuries happen, unlikely stars emerge. To date, White has been a terrific addition and is very deserving of a spot on this team. I would rather have Ryan White then Laroque, Lats, Laps, Stewart or Chips on this team right now.

It can be tough as a single mistake often causes the coach to significantly reduce the ice time of the younger players, while others continue to play. I have watched Carle sit while MAB plays. Now I watch White and Pyatt sit as other, less deserving forwards play. It has not appeared to discourage this kid and I hope he continues to bring. I have noticed the great play and I am sure I am not alone.

Archived